Any Dugpa peeps hitting the TP festival next weekend?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Brad D
Global Moderator

Any Dugpa peeps hitting the TP festival next weekend?

Post by Brad D »

I broke into the piggy bank and decided to spoil myself with a weekend full of twin peaks madness. anyone else from here going?
dugpa
Site Admin

Re: Any Dugpa peeps hitting the TP festival next weekend?

Post by dugpa »

I'll still be in Hawaii this year but am planning on going in 2012 for sure. (20th Anniversary of FWWM to which I am hoping they will have a brand new print struck and screening of it scheduled by that point)

-B
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I might go the next time Ken Welsh or Sherilyn Fenn appears.

PS. Hey Dugpa, are you on Maui? If so, for a nice meal, check out 'Mama's Fish House' very expensive but worth it. Watch out for gecko's and drink plenty of Pog!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Happy Twin Peaks Festival to everybody! At least watch some peaks, eat cherry pie and drink coffee :D
And Brad, bring us back pictures to post on the board, please!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

no doubt annie. i am going through fall city today on my way to the fest and will have pics of the newly re-vamped roadhouse (among other filming sites too) for all of you, and of course, the celebrities! hopefully it is warm enough today for a swim at the falls! i am a little bummed no one from here is going though:(
edenweaver
Roadhouse Member

Post by edenweaver »

I'll be there this evening with 40 copies of Richard Beymer's book IMPOSTOR ... and some awesome signed DVDs for the auction and contest prizes.
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

Hey, Dugpa! Here today, Gone to Maui!

That was my home for fourteen years. Yes, Mama's is the best fish house in Maui, just off the Hana Hiway, a mile or so Hana-side of Paia.
Also, check out Hali'imaile General Store in Hali'imaile, Longhi's in Lahaina, and of course, Cheeseburger in Paradise in Lahaina.

The Festival was fun.

I ran the 'Thank you, Dave!' video from the 2002 Fest that I made for Dave at the movie night Friday night. It had various cast members giving personal messages to David and a general overview of that Fest. Don Davis was in it, so that's why I ran it.

Saturday night at the Barn was good. Piper Laurie had all kinds of neat stories no one had heard before, and David Eisenstadt got Richard Beymer on the phone, who had a nice conversation with Piper (including toe-kissing discussion) and a greeting for the fans. James Marshall fell ill and did not make it. A surprise guest was Jan D'Arcy. She was unannounced.
Kimmy of course was great, as was Charlotte Stewart. Another surprise was how many great untold stories (until then) that Paula Shimatsu (hope the spelling is right).
I did not know that she was Mark Frost's assistant for years, as well as the unit photographer for the series, and she told some wonderful 'behind the scenes' stories.
They should have her back.

We played a dinner set of Lynch film music and a show set later. The costume contest was of course great fun, and I think a good time was had by all.

Picnic I do not know about - we had to hit the road. I write this from a hotel in Oregon - we'll be in Northern California tonight.

Keep 'Peakin'!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Thanks for the update Mr. Neff! Do you remember any of those Piper stories? Did Paula K. Shimatsu-U show any of her rare pictures?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

i am absolutely shredded from this weekend and havent done a worthy recap. here's the big things...

1) kimmy robertson wanted me to tell everyone she doesn't "hate" FWWM, she just "didnt get it"
2) paula shiamatsu apparently came up with the idea for maddy
3) the roadhouse is still being renovated but is open for dinner every night at 5 (pictures on the way, its kinda green now)

more to come later...
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

yes, awesome! can't wait for more news.

hope you had fun.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Thanks Jerry and John for the awesome recommendations! Mama's was absolutely amazing! Just got back and while the vacation was great, it's even better to be home.

-B
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Welcome back B! No matter where I go, I always get homesick after about 7 days. There's no place like home...
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Yeah. I loved being away but we have pets and it is always sad having to leave our "babies". So Brad, any more details from the Fest?

-B
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Someone asked me via email about film night, and I gave them a quick run down. I figured I would post about it here. We really had a great night, thanks in part to most obviously Surveillance, but also John's 2002 Fest video was a huge treat. The most surprising bit of the night though was something no one would have guessed about...

The movie night opened with a short film David made specifically for the festival. It was a 7-minute film that was all performed in reverse, then the footage was flipped... just like the red room scenes. It starred David, was black and white, and had a zigzag floor like in Eraserhead (versus the zigzag floor from TP that had much larger lines). At the end of the whole thing David said (again in reverse speak just like the rest of the video) "Welcome to the Twin Peaks Festival." I can't thank David enough to have done this for us!

The rest of my movie night review is over on the fest site:
http://www.twinpeaksfest.com/board/view ... f=10&t=143
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Great review! Can't wait to see pictures!

-B