The Poster

Discussion of Mulholland Drive

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

iar
RR Diner Member

The Poster

Post by iar »

I remember that I searched high and low for a Mulholland Drive poster (an English language poster) and eventually came accross one some 300 miles from home in France! Why are they so hard to get hold of in comparison to other films? Infact, why are all Lynch posters pretty hard to get hold of? If anyone has come accross any MD posters for sale on the internet then I'd love to know...I kinda want another!

It begs the question whether Ill ever manage to get an IE poster!
Simon

Post by Simon »

found this on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mulholland-Drive- ... dZViewItem

I guess not all that many people want posters of Lynch films, so not that many get made... kind of a shame. I think Eraserhead posters are quite easy to get because that's kind of a 'cult' thing... or something. I'm always a little bit disappointed with how posters for Lynch films look. Maybe because his films look so beautiful, and it's so hard to capture that in a poster. The Italian Inland Empire poster is ok... but I haven't seen a copy for sale anywhere yet...
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

They have a large stockpile of "Blue Velvet" posters at a poster store around these parts so those are probably easy to find as well. They also have some copies of the Sherilyn Fenn Twin Peaks posters but i've never been able to find the one with Mädchen Amick.
My fave "Mulholland Dr." poster was the one they used early on that was just the illuminated street sign at night.
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

"Eraserhead" posters are available at DavidLynch.com. He re-printed the original, and made up a new one for the DVD release. It optimistically says, "Eraserhead 2000", but of took until almost 2002 to deliver. You do not have to be a member of the site to buy things in the store.
LeoFaraon
Roadhouse Member

Post by LeoFaraon »

~
Last edited by LeoFaraon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMysteryMan
Roadhouse Member

Posters

Post by TheMysteryMan »

Plenty of them here: http://deepdiscount.com

I picked up the Blue Velvet poster at a local music store a few months ago.