Blu-ray

Discussion of Lost Highway

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

marchug
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Blu-ray

Postby marchug » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:53 am

I looked around for an answer but I can't seem to find any...

I am upgrading all my Lynch dvd's to blu-ray and I am having trouble with this one. It seems that there is not a decent version of this out there? Does anyone have any hot tips? Any talk of a collectors edition? I'd love to finally see some deleted scenes from this film.
-23-
Mr. Reindeer

Re: Blu-ray

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:41 am

No deleted scenes currently available, although there was definitely stuff cut. The script is out there.

I don’t own it, but I think the French Blu Ray is the best in terms of extras. It’s a pretty modest offering (an EPK and some press interviews), but it’s better than the other releases which are either totally bare bones or have extras not related to the film (material from DKL’s website which is available elsewhere). The film doesn’t seem to be much of a priority for any of its distributors. It took years for it to even make it to DVD in the US.
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:47 am

Oh, BTW! The feature documentary Pretty as a Picture: The Art of David Lynch features some BTS footage of DKL at work on the film. It would be great if a release of LH someday could include a supercut of all the footage Toby Keeler shot of the production, much like the Criterion Eraserhead disc did for the visit to the AFI stables.
marchug
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Postby marchug » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:12 am

Mr. Reindeer wrote:The film doesn’t seem to be much of a priority for any of its distributors. It took years for it to even make it to DVD in the US.

What a damn shame. I love this film. I saw it a couple of times in the theatre but I have trouble watching my DVD of it. All the dark scenes (which are some of the most beautiful ones that I remember from the theatre viewing) have blobby bluish artifacting all over it. Maybe Shout Factory or Criterion will get around to doing a proper release of it one day. That would be a dream.

Thanks again Mr Reindeer!
-23-

Return to “LOST HIGHWAY”