Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

gregoreverb

LH on DVD in the US?!?!?

Post by gregoreverb »

Anyone have any info on this?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Those idiots at Universal have been sitting on the transfer for years. It might be worth doing some sort of petition or email campaign to get it released. If you have a Region Free DVD player, I would highly suggest the R2 MK2 DVD. The transfer is quite nice.

-B
black lodge

Post by black lodge »

Hello,

I have the R2 MK2 DVD version of Lost Highway and do agree with Dugpa, it is well worth the effort obtaining it. What most people don't know is that almost all DVD players can be set to Region 0, which enables them to be region free. Look to see if your player is listed in this link and and if it is - you're all set to play any region! Good Luck!

BL

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?
Rodrick

Post by Rodrick »

I was at Lynch's signing at Scarecrow Video last week and asked him about the possiblity of Lost Highway or Hotel Room coming out on DVD this year and he said "I doubt it."

And speaking of the R2 DVD, can anyone point me to a good site to order it from?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Go with the UK version. It is supposed to be a straight port of the MK2 French version but with Engish menus.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Highway-Bi ... UTF8&s=dvd

Best of all, no need to run the site through a translator.

-B
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Yes I bought the English MK2 set of Lost Highway at amazon.co.uk, it's a good one. It comes with 2 dvd's. 1. The feature and 2. Extras: which includes an unpublished interview with Lynch 2005 (multi angle options), interview with Lynch 1996 and interviews with Bill Pullman, Patricia Arquette, Robert Loggia. The making of the film. Who's Who?. Featurette. Teaser Trailer. Trailer. Mine has a clear plastic cover with the digi-pak to keep it all clean.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
Rodrick

Post by Rodrick »

Thanks guys. I should have thought of that myself. :oops:
Medard

Post by Medard »

snikgrif wrote:Yes I bought the English MK2 set of Lost Highway at amazon.co.uk, it's a good one. It comes with 2 dvd's. 1. The feature and 2. Extras: which includes an unpublished interview with Lynch 2005 (multi angle options), interview with Lynch 1996 and interviews with Bill Pullman, Patricia Arquette, Robert Loggia. The making of the film. Who's Who?. Featurette. Teaser Trailer. Trailer. Mine has a clear plastic cover with the digi-pak to keep it all clean.
Wow, that sounds good. I have a region 2 DVD of LH with one disc.
It contains a couple of extra's like short interviews with the cast and the trailer but that's it.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

snikgrif wrote:Yes I bought the English MK2 set of Lost Highway at amazon.co.uk, it's a good one. It comes with 2 dvd's. 1. The feature and 2. Extras: which includes an unpublished interview with Lynch 2005 (multi angle options), interview with Lynch 1996 and interviews with Bill Pullman, Patricia Arquette, Robert Loggia. The making of the film. Who's Who?. Featurette. Teaser Trailer. Trailer. Mine has a clear plastic cover with the digi-pak to keep it all clean.
I too have this, and agree that it's a great DVD set of what is also one of my favourite Lynch works.

RR
Brassy Boy

Re: LH on DVD in the US?!?!?

Post by Brassy Boy »

gregoreverb wrote:Anyone have any info on this?

I emailed Universal Studios and this is what I got........

Thank you for taking the time to contact Universal Studios Home Entertainment. We strive to provide the highest standard in product quality and customer care.

A multitude of factors, including contractual issues, influence the timing and content of our DVD releases. Unfortunately, we have no information as to when 'Lost Highway' will become available.

We appreciate your interest in this title, and we hope that you will continue to enjoy our current and future releases.

Sincerely,

Universal Studios Home Entertainment
:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Regards,
BB
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I am a region 1 guy. I have a VHS player for one reason now. With Twin Peaks 2nd Season on the way Lost Highway is the only reason for me to keep this last century VHS tape machine !

Hello Annie, its Raymond from TPG.
knowthyself

Post by knowthyself »

Its the only Lynch film without a decent Region 1 DVD releaese.

Very frustrating for completists.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I emailed Universal and got a reply similar to Brassy Boy. Guess I'd better check if I have a DVD player that can be reset to region 0.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Raymond wrote:I am a region 1 guy. I have a VHS player for one reason now. With Twin Peaks 2nd Season on the way Lost Highway is the only reason for me to keep this last century VHS tape machine !

Hello Annie, its Raymond from TPG.
I think the only way to go is have a region free player. They are as cheap as chips and it instantly doubles the amount of material you can watch. If I stuck with region 2, about half of my favourite films would no longer be available to me! For a start i wouldn't be able to view any Criterion DVDs. Free your mind and abandon the regions! :lol:
kgobel

Post by kgobel »

Is the VHS version that is readily available on Amazon/eBay a full screen or a widescreen version? Is sounds like the Canadian release is terrible, so is the VHS release preferable? I know it is VHS, but I would rather have a VHS of the original aspect ratio than a crap DVD with an altered ratio.