Pabst Blue Ribbon - Blue Velvet "TV commercial"

Discussion of Blue Velvet

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob
Roadhouse Member

Pabst Blue Ribbon - Blue Velvet "TV commercial"

Post by Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob »

At last, the TV commercial Lynch did for Pabst Blue Ribbon sees the light of day! (Ok, so this is obviously a fake TV commercial for Pabst Blue Ribbon, edited from Blue Velvet, but it's a good job): http://youtu.be/3Sm8JM-K1dc

I wonder how long it's going to last online, as it's infringing on the Pabst copyright! Better grab it while you can! ;)

When I saw Blue Velvet when it came out, it never occurred to me that the mentions and showings of Heineken and Pabst Blue Ribbon beers could have actually been product placements (ah, to be young and naive again!). It all seemed so much a part of the story that I never really noticed. It fit the characters and the scenes so well!

Now that I see this "commercial" I can't help but thinking that this was indeed product placement in Blue Velvet! Which is maybe strange in retrospect, as Lynch is against product placement these days.

Has Lynch ever commented on this product placement in Blue Velvet? I've never seen him mention it anywhere, and I've read a lot of his interviews.
"Now it's dark....."