Lynch attends BV screening at Cinevegas last week

Discussion of Blue Velvet

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MrBungle

Lynch attends BV screening at Cinevegas last week

Post by MrBungle »

Hello all,
Figured it was time I signed up to this board.
I live in Vegas and was a part of this years Cinevegas film festival which screened Blue Velvet last Thursday.
David showed up as a last minute surprise and did a Q&A with the chairman of the festival Dennis Hopper!
I was a little upset that the festival didn't select Inland Empire - being the only chance Vegas will get a screening, but I'll take it.
Dennis was kind of an asshole and didn't give any real insightful answers accept that when they did hte first scene where Frank enters Dorothy's apartment and he asks her to "show it to him". He then said that he didn't know if Lynch or anyone was aware that she actually did during that scene! Lynch then confirmed that he was "Aware".
David as always was very kind and open to the fans Q's. He was asked about a haiku that Laura Dern was asked to repeat but wouldn't repeat it. ANyone know about this?? I can't remember much else that stood out since it's been a 10 day long fest and I'm burnt from it still. Lynch then ended the Q&A with his short poem about the spiders and dreams, weaving the path of life etc... which was so cool to see/hear from the man.
I then got to say hello and shake his hand after they left the theater. He also kindly accepted some dvds I made. I feel lucky to have had this experience, especially in a town where it's the most unlikely to happen!
Hope you enjoyed the review.
MrBungle

Post by MrBungle »

Also lynch was asked about the Ronnie Rocket script and if digital video might be an outlet for it. He said he had recently read it again and just doesn't know what to do with it.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Welcome MrBungle! Anybody who posts on the Blue Velvet thread gets my vote; that 10 day festival sounds really fun. Feel free to introduce yourself in David Lynch>>>Introductions and vote for your favorite movie. That's really cool that David was there for a Q & A. I've never met the man! Thanks!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.