Shout Factory Collector's Edition Blu-ray out May 22, 2018

Discussion of Wild at Heart

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Re: Shout Factory Collector's Edition Blu-ray out May 22, 2018

Post by marchug »

The bonus features have finally been announced!

Bonus Features:

NEW Interview With Novelist Barry Gifford
Extended And Deleted Scenes (76 Minutes)
Love, Death, Elvis And Oz: The Making Of Wild At Heart
Dell's Lunch Counter: Extended Interviews
Specific Spontaneity: Focus On David Lynch
Lynch On The DVD Process
Original 1990 Making Of EPK
Original Theatrical Trailer
TV Spots
Image Gallery
-23-
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

marchug wrote:The bonus features have finally been announced!

Bonus Features:

NEW Interview With Novelist Barry Gifford
Extended And Deleted Scenes (76 Minutes)
Love, Death, Elvis And Oz: The Making Of Wild At Heart
Dell's Lunch Counter: Extended Interviews
Specific Spontaneity: Focus On David Lynch
Lynch On The DVD Process
Original 1990 Making Of EPK
Original Theatrical Trailer
TV Spots
Image Gallery
Very exciting. I’m glad the deleted scenes will finally be widely available for all fans (although the selfish part of me is a little sad they won’t be as exclusive anymore). I hope they do some restoration work on them, but I’m not optimistic.

I’m excited for the Gifford interview since I just read all his Sailor & Lula books last year!
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Very exciting. I’m glad the deleted scenes will finally be widely available for all fans (although the selfish part of me is a little sad they won’t be as exclusive anymore). I hope they do some restoration work on them, but I’m not optimistic.
I’m excited for the Gifford interview since I just read all his Sailor & Lula books last year!
How were the books? I've been meaning to get around to them. Might finally be time?
-23-
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

marchug wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Very exciting. I’m glad the deleted scenes will finally be widely available for all fans (although the selfish part of me is a little sad they won’t be as exclusive anymore). I hope they do some restoration work on them, but I’m not optimistic.
How were the books? I've been meaning to get around to them. Might finally be time?
They’re interesting. After the first one they’re very short quick reads with a lot of tangential, almost short story-like chapters. Each one moves the story forward by several years, so you see Sailor & Lula age. I enjoyed them. I wrote a more detailed analysis in another thread in this board, but it has spoilers about the books, so you may not want to look at it.
marchug
RR Diner Member

Post by marchug »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: They’re interesting. After the first one they’re very short quick reads with a lot of tangential, almost short story-like chapters. Each one moves the story forward by several years, so you see Sailor & Lula age. I enjoyed them. I wrote a more detailed analysis in another thread in this board, but it has spoilers about the books, so you may not want to look at it.
Thanks!
-23-
marchug
RR Diner Member

Post by marchug »

Uh oh.....

---
While reviewing Wild At Heart (Collector’s Edition), we discovered an error had occurred in the manufacturing process that affected early product. We have corrected the error for retail product, but will have to move the national street date to August 21st.

All customers who ordered this product from ShoutFactory.com on or before today’s date (May 16th) will be receiving a replacement disc correcting the error, which will be shipped within the next 8-12 weeks. If you have any questions, please reach out to info@shoutfactory.com.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we always strive to bring you the absolute best product, which means addressing this issue right away. Thank you.
---
-23-
pinballmars
Roadhouse Member

Post by pinballmars »

Amazon shipped out the uncorrected disc to many of those who pre-ordered, and met the original street date, and I was one of those people.

It's a terrific disc (even with the silent menu). If you have the earlier Blu-ray released by Twilight Time in a limited run that's long sold out, I've read that this new disc is the exact same transfer. And it's a pretty good one. It's not pristine, but it has a nice film-y quality that works for me.
marchug
RR Diner Member

Post by marchug »

pinballmars wrote:Amazon shipped out the uncorrected disc to many of those who pre-ordered, and met the original street date, and I was one of those people.

It's a terrific disc (even with the silent menu). If you have the earlier Blu-ray released by Twilight Time in a limited run that's long sold out, I've read that this new disc is the exact same transfer. And it's a pretty good one. It's not pristine, but it has a nice film-y quality that works for me.
Yeah, me too. I pre-ordered so I could get that kickass poster. Is that the only problem with the disc? A silent menu? I haven't noticed anything else so far.

BTW the deleted scenes were fantastic. What a sprawling epic it could have been.
-23-
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

pinballmars wrote:Amazon shipped out the uncorrected disc to many of those who pre-ordered, and met the original street date, and I was one of those people.

I assume the deleted scenes haven’t been touched up at all from the grubby workprint version on the Lime Green set? How do they look on Blu Ray?
pinballmars
Roadhouse Member

Post by pinballmars »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:

I assume the deleted scenes haven’t been touched up at all from the grubby workprint version on the Lime Green set? How do they look on Blu Ray?
They haven't been touched up, best I can tell. I think they look the same.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I just got my replacement disc and it has a silent menu, so I guess it was a rumor that this is what they fixed. The discs seem identical in every way except the packaging.

Does anyone know what they did?
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Diane wrote:I just got my replacement disc and it has a silent menu, so I guess it was a rumor that this is what they fixed. The discs seem identical in every way except the packaging.

I didn't get one yet, but recall a review from a few months ago that audio briefly drops out at one point. Don't know if that is what they fixed.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
marchug
RR Diner Member

Post by marchug »

Diane wrote:I just got my replacement disc and it has a silent menu, so I guess it was a rumor that this is what they fixed. The discs seem identical in every way except the packaging.

Same here. Mine seems exactly like the other one.
-23-
marchug
RR Diner Member

Post by marchug »

Also - does anyone know why the deleted/extended scenes start at 9-11? Where are 1-8?
-23-