Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by djsunyc »

i have a bad feeling that the hum behind the door in the basement is where the woodsmen will appear from and we will see the end of james on his birthday.
sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Post by sycamore »

Part 14 is absolutely a stunning. i read the spoilers from our German fans last week about Monica Bellucci and Jack Rabbit's Palace before they were deleted and have been biting my tongue all week! Even still, I was totally blown a away by all this!

Lois Duffy. Case number 1. Gordon Cole and Phillip Jeffries. Olympia Washington. 1975. "I'm like the blue rose." A blue rose does no occur in nature. A tulpa.

"A Tulpa is a thoughtform, or being created from the collective thoughts of separate individuals. The concept of Tulpas is theoretical in nature and originates from Tibetan mythology, where Tulpas are described as extra bodies that were created from one person's mind in order to travel to spiritual realms."
http://theslenderman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tulpa_Effect

... so much to begin learning ...
Last edited by sycamore on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Did anyone notice the left hand floating in Sarah's face had the ring finger enlarged and dirty? "The spiritual mound" finger, right? I'm sure that'll be important at some point.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

I'm still reeling from this Revival. Lynch has thoroughly shattered all my exceptions. Kyle's dual role performance between Dougie Jones / Mr. C is by far my favorite aspect of this Revival. But Part 14 still managed to raise the bar and may be my favorite installment despite the lack of Dougie. Lynch has to do a Season 4, right? I've got to see at least one more season of this with Agent Cooper reinstated in the FBI.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
blackcoffeemoonlight

Post by blackcoffeemoonlight »

Who predicted James future employment would be night security at The Great Northern?
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

djsunyc wrote:i have a bad feeling that the hum behind the door in the basement is where the woodsmen will appear from and we will see the end of james on his birthday.
There's some unspeakable Evil lurking behind that door. Perhaps newly-found footage of Evelyn Marsh.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Still thinking those coordinates lead to the Palmer house. Evil Coop is looking for the Mother.
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Did anyone notice the left hand floating in Sarah's face had the ring finger enlarged and dirty? "The spiritual mound" finger, right? I'm sure that'll be important at some point.
Nope. Didn't notice it at all... ... I posted a screenshot of that about 10 posts before yours. Maybe lost in the delay, or maybe nobody reads anything here.
Last edited by wxray on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

...Is it the same boiler room from the European pilot?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Thought James was going to run into Bob in the basement...
metrojoe82
Roadhouse Member

Post by metrojoe82 »

rocketsan22 wrote:Thought James was going to run into Bob in the basement...
I thought he was going to find Laura!
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

sycamore wrote:Part 14 is absolutely a stunning. i read the spoilers from our German fans last week about Monica Bellucci and Jack Rabbit's Palace before they were deleted and have been biting my tongue all week! Even still, I was totally blown a away by all this!

Lois Duffy. Case number 1. Gordon Cole and Phillip Jeffries. Olympia Washington. 1975. "I'm like the blue rose." A blue rose does no occur in nature. A tulpa.

"A Tulpa is a thoughtform, or being created from the collective thoughts of separate individuals. The concept of Tulpas is theoretical in nature and originates from Tibetan mythology, where Tulpas are described as extra bodies that were created from one person's mind in order to travel to spiritual realms."
http://theslenderman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tulpa_Effect

... so much to begin learning ...
So epic. Makes me wonder to, is this the nature of the doppelgangers that they've been using all along? Are we somehow in Cooper's dream right now, another level of his subconscious? This seems to imply that may be where his doppelganger originated from, his own mind? Which goes along with the Black Lodge annihilating your soul, too.

Do we think the Blue Rose name adheres to everything "unnatural" or strictly doppelganger cases? There was no sign of a doppelganger with Teresa Banks, right?
blackcoffeemoonlight

Post by blackcoffeemoonlight »

N. Needleman wrote:...Is it the same boiler room from the European pilot?
That was in the twin peaks hospital.

This is in the dungeon depths of the great northern hotel
sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Post by sycamore »

ok everyone, I need assistance on this one. I'm keeping the cast and character list updated (see the link in my signature). In part 14, Nathan Frizell is credited as "Voice" ... he is not on the original cast list. Is this possibly the voice of Phillip Jeffries? Can anyone tell if David Bowie is speaking this line from FWWM or TMP or if it's a voiceover? thanks!
Last edited by sycamore on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

N. Needleman wrote:...Is it the same boiler room from the European pilot?
I wondered the same thing -- and half expected James to stumble on Bob crouched down.

That footage is actually from the hospital (in the show), isn't it? A while since I saw that ending.