Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by vicksvapor77 »

dugpa wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:What do we make of the vortex portals? Can they all access the same varied locales and what the characters see in them can change? Or do we think the one in South Dakota only goes to the convenience store and the one in Twin Peaks only goes to the Fireman's residence?
Bad CG? Seriously though, I'm on board with everything else but the vortex swirls conjure up images of Sharknado.
Haha! Wait, what are you agreeing with? That the portals only go to one location each?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I think they are likely going to varied locales.
ryst

Post by ryst »

Deep Thought wrote:So the entrance to the White Lodge is marked by . . . what? A gold and white substance.

My first thought is that is an extra large Caffe Latte in a tree stump. :D
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Every time there's a new episode, I keep finding new appreciation for FWWM. Each installment seems to retroactively make the film even more epic.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

TP writers (Engels, etc.) have been hinting at portals to the Lodges all over the world since the FWWM days. I think this is finally coming to fruition.

Also, as to the portal, let us not forget: "Infuse the machine with gold."
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
ShelleyAgedWell

Post by ShelleyAgedWell »

Well, this is the episode I've had the most negative immediate reaction to. Eps 1 & 2 left me cold after first viewing but I'd gradually warmed towards the series as it's gone on, so much so, I've found myself eagerly anticipating Monday mornings (I'm a UK viewer). Unfortunately tonight, I was eager for the episode to finish.

My particular dislike is for the London glove man, and the Sarah Palmer scenes. Both feel like potential jumping the shark moments.
WindyTrees

Post by WindyTrees »

When the giant introduced himself as the fireman and put his hand up in the air, it made me think of scouts honor. He who helps others at all times.
fluorescent light

Post by fluorescent light »

Wasn't Log Lady's fireman husband a scout leader too? Forgetting the details from secret history...
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

N. Needleman wrote:TP writers (Engels, etc.) have been hinting at portals to the Lodges all over the world since the FWWM days. I think this is finally coming to fruition.

Yeah, different portals over the world. Time not matching up. And Truman driving backwards through a cornfield into the Lodge to save Cooper. Everyone potentially having a double.

Maybe Lynch and Forst didn't realize some of this info had been discussed through the years.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
beyondthesea

Post by beyondthesea »

The first episode since 1 & 2 that I have had to watch with my hand covering parts of the TV screen. I felt mild terrification throughout.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Have only briefly seen this mentioned on here but the roadhouse end scene I feel is very important to the story.

- This whole episode especially the beginning with Cole talked about dreams...
- Audrey is apparently suppose to be seeing Billy
- Many think Audrey is dreaming or in a dream like state.
- The girl in the roadhouse says her mom and Billy had a thing (This is not a coincidence nor is Billy just randomly with a bunch of women.)
- The girl says her moms name is "Tina" This is immidately followed by a weird look from the other girl and scary ominous music.
- The girl can't remember if her uncle is there. She says this a few times. Seems like an important point

There is a few questions I have..

Has there been a character thus far named Tina? or Christina?
Is Tina proof that we are in someones dream? Or is this part of Audrey's dream?
Is Audrey dreaming she has the life of Tina?
Who else looked for the name Linda in the credits tonight thinking the girl at the bar was her?
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
WindyTrees

Post by WindyTrees »

fluorescent light wrote:Wasn't Log Lady's fireman husband a scout leader too? Forgetting the details from secret history...
Not sure about that, but Dougie Milford and Andrew Packard were scouts for sure. Both claimed to see a "bigfoot like humanoid" in the woods...
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Jasper wrote:
blackcoffeemoonlight wrote:Why did that FBI guy in Vegas have a meltdown or go into a roid rage?
Because that's who he is, and because it was unexpected and hilarious. I loved it. What would have been a forgettable scene became a mini classic.
Also another instance of a failure of communication. The agent was too afraid of Cole to ask any questions, and Cole neglected to mention Janie E.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Audrey Horne wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:TP writers (Engels, etc.) have been hinting at portals to the Lodges all over the world since the FWWM days. I think this is finally coming to fruition.

Yeah, different portals over the world. Time not matching up. And Truman driving backwards through a cornfield into the Lodge to save Cooper. Everyone potentially having a double.

Maybe Lynch and Forst didn't realize some of this info had been discussed through the years.
Hey, I love it. I hope they use all of it.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

dugpa wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:What do we make of the vortex portals? Can they all access the same varied locales and what the characters see in them can change? Or do we think the one in South Dakota only goes to the convenience store and the one in Twin Peaks only goes to the Fireman's residence?
Bad CG? Seriously though, I'm on board with everything else but the vortex swirls conjure up images of Sharknado.
This might be your fault for watching Sharknado. :lol:

Wait...Sharknado = Shark Naido? I've cracked the case!