Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

ShelleyAgedWell

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by ShelleyAgedWell »

Dreamy Audrey wrote:
wxray wrote:
wxray wrote:
When Sarah takes off her face, there is a male voice that comes out of the darkness. I do not believe this is Grace's voice. I think this is The Voice in the credits.
Watched it again with headphones. Now I'm doubting myself.
The Roadhouse scene was interesting because now it seems like Billy and Tina are real people. However, a few things were off. The two women were mentioning the nuthouse twice. There was also the jail scene where Chad said to the bleeding man, who could be Billy: "What the fuck is wrong with you?" and "Fucking nuthouse." Why is there so much talk about the nuthouse? Is this an indication that Audrey (or someone else) is actually crazy and some of the scenes are delusions?

Like a lot of the other Roadhouse scenes, there was mention of drugs/medication. Ella (the rash girl) said she was fired for being high, the women in Part 12 said that Angela was off her meds and now Megan (Tina's daughter) said she was getting high in her room. Is this all part of the Sparkle drug plot?

Megan couldn't remember if her uncle was with them when Billy came to their house bleeding from the mouth and nose and later when she and her mom were cleaning up the blood. Why would she not remember this detail, considering the importance of the event? Does she have a mental condition or is it the effect of the drugs or is it an indication of a corrupted timeline? And who is her uncle? Is it someone we already know, maybe Charlie?
I've shortened your original post when quoting. I hope you don't mind.

I was left with the impression that Megan's use of drugs may be causing her forgetfulness. I perceived the "Nuthouse" to be The Return's version of One-Eyed Jacks, a place full of vice. A corrupt cop like Chad visiting such a place, which I considered due to his use of the term "nuthouse" wouldn't be surpising. I can see Balthazar Getty/Red owning it.

Maybe Billy, and Drunk (if they're not the same person) go there too, which explains their strange behaviour.

Speaking of locations, there's now this "Nuthouse" which we are yet to see, like the Dutchmans. where Ray Monroe said Phillip Jeffries was last seen. I believe the Farm where the arm-wrestle took place is the same place Ray and Dopple Coop were going when Ray shot Dopple Coop. Jack Rabbit's Palace has also now been revealed, and Bobby said that was on, or near to the location of the government facility where it was thought Major Briggs died in a fire 25 years ago.
Are there any more locations mentioned that we either have now seen, or are yet to?
Manwith
RR Diner Member

Post by Manwith »

thedarktrees wrote:
Manwith wrote:
crazyscottishguy wrote:I think Diane was supposed to direct Gordon and the team to Jane-E and Dougie and i have a feeling it's part of a bigger ploy. Remember when Mr. C asked Diane via text messsage if there were news about Vegas? yeah, this confirms to me that Diane and Mr. C have all well planned out and i don't believe that Jane-E is her half sister at all. It acually reinforces the idea that Jane-E and her son are manufactured as Dougie.
This doesn't make sense to me because Mr. C. wanted Dougie dead by now, things have not been going as planned...

The suggestion that she's working for Jeffries though.... that still also seems possible.
I think Diane is working for Jeffries and playing a difficult spy game- essentially being a triple agent. I think this because Good Cooper trusted her so much in the original show, I just have a hard time believing she'd become corrupted. I also got a "spy game" vibe from when Jeffries appeared to call Mr. C. on the phone.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

With all the eventful scenes that followed, and the frantic pace of the episode as a whole, I've only just remembered how I proper belly laughed at the very first scene; mainly at Cole's reaction to Lucy's quick anecdote of her and Andy's trip to Bora Bora. I wasn't sure whether he didn't hear her finish, or if he was just so uninterested that he didn't have anything at all to say about it, but I was really laughing. Especially when she asks if he'd like to speak to Sheriff Truman and he says "YES!" before she even finishes her sentence. Brilliant comic timing once again from Lynch. :lol:
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

hopesfall wrote:With all the eventful scenes that followed, and the frantic pace of the episode as a whole, I've only just remembered how I proper belly laughed at the very first scene; mainly at Cole's reaction to Lucy's quick anecdote of her and Andy's trip to Bora Bora. I wasn't sure whether he didn't hear her finish, or if he was just so uninterested that he didn't have anything at all to say about it, but I was really laughing. Especially when she asks if he'd like to speak to Sheriff Truman and he says "YES!" before she even finishes her sentence. Brilliant comic timing once again from Lynch. :lol:
Golden indeed! :D I was kind of waiting for him to bring up some misinterpretation of Bora Bora, but the silence worked out excellent as well.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Turns out I accidentally left Twitter up, and have Frizzell's status. For the record. Again, no new news here. Not shown, is one reply mentions "this and that", but later is corrected to say the difference was in The Missing Pieces. Then there are a few more pleas to expose more, and whether he has more VO work in upcoming episodes. I saw no replies to that...
frizzell2.JPG
frizzell2.JPG (70.29 KiB) Viewed 10263 times
Last edited by wxray on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
1derpalm

Post by 1derpalm »

gary2381 wrote:The experiment is now in the real world. I think Mr. C is doing her bidding. He is trying to find the entrace to the White Lodge, which I think is what Andy found.
That would make sense with the opening scene of the series. I suspect that the good guys don't win. Cooper talking to the giant at the beginning is in the future, after these events, and the taint is in their house. That is what Cooper and the giant are listening to. Perhaps Hawk's scene is as well (when he is in the woods alone).
1derpalm

Post by 1derpalm »

gary2381 wrote:The experiment is now in the real world. I think Mr. C is doing her bidding. He is trying to find the entrace to the White Lodge, which I think is what Andy found.
That would make sense with the opening scene of the series. I suspect that the good guys don't win. Cooper talking to the giant at the beginning is in the future, after these events, and the taint is in their house. That is what Cooper and the giant are listening to. Perhaps Hawk's scene is as well (when he is in the woods alone).
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

claaa7 wrote:now his Twitter account is private. i wonder if he got chastised by Lynch and/or Frost for revealing something he shouldnt?
His instagram account is private now, too. I don't know why they would make such a big deal out of his revelation, though. It wasn't really a revelation, more of a confirmation. He was credited in the episode as "voice", Jeffries was the only logical role he could have voiced (and it was noticeable that Jeffries had a different voice from FWWM), and I'm sure if we compared Frizzell's voice from other work to the line in Twin Peaks, we would also be able to figure out it's him. If they wanted to keep it secret, they should not have credited him in this episode.
sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Post by sycamore »

Dreamy Audrey wrote:
claaa7 wrote:now his Twitter account is private. i wonder if he got chastised by Lynch and/or Frost for revealing something he shouldnt?
His instagram account is private now, too. I don't know why they would make such a big deal out of his revelation, though. It wasn't really a revelation, more of a confirmation. He was credited in the episode as "voice", Jeffries was the only logical role he could have voiced (and it was noticeable that Jeffries had a different voice from FWWM), and I'm sure if we compared Frizzell's voice from other work to the line in Twin Peaks, we would also be able to figure out it's him. If they wanted to keep it secret, they should not have credited him in this episode.
Next question: might it also be Nathan Frizzell's voice in one of the final scenes in part 2 - when Mr C talks with Jeffries on the phone? Anyone wanna do a comparison? In part 2, the voice is uncredited.
Enig

Post by Enig »

The portal east of Jack Rabbit's Palace is open one more day. Speculated at first that if they went back there the next day as well they would stumble over American Girl, since they found Naido there the first day. But American Girl didn't launch herself into space. What we did see in space though was Major Briggs' head. Brace yourself, Bobby :(
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

What about the machine in Buenos Airies? We've seen it once yet never again. MYSTERY
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Really hoping that we see Phoebe Augustine return as Ronette and not just American Girl. Not counting on it, though.
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

sycamore wrote:
Dreamy Audrey wrote:
Next question: might it also be Nathan Frizzell's voice in one of the final scenes in part 2 - when Mr C talks with Jeffries on the phone? Anyone wanna do a comparison? In part 2, the voice is uncredited.
Someone asked Frizzell this before the account went to protected status. I didn't see a reply.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

My guess is the voice in part 2 is someone we would know, hence them keeping it from us.
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

let the good guys win for once
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward