Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BGate
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Post by BGate »

Jerry Horne wrote:
BGate wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
Yes.
And was that the person people mistook for Bonnie Aarons?
Yes! To be fair, it does look like her.
Wow. Must've been surreal seeing them film this. So folks there saw Kyle in his Evil Coop get-up? If so great job keeping the mystery alive!
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

MarFRELL wrote:
Esselgee wrote:
I hope that if I talk to someone on the phone right before I die that it's someone who can carry a compassionate conversation better than Hawk.
I felt the same way. I was willing him to say something full of love, on behalf of all of us who loved the Log Lady. I really wanted him to tell her thank you, on my behalf.
It was so perfect. What do you say to someone who is dying, or to someone who has lost a loved one? NOTHING. Words are idiotic at that point.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
430RichardandLinda

Post by 430RichardandLinda »

WHAT AN EPISODE. WOW. SO DID COOPER FINALLY WAKE HIMSELF UP WITH ELECTROCUTION????

I can't believe they turned Jeffries into a Dalek. I audibly snorted but I love it.

I think Ruby might be Laura. Her scream in the middle of the Roadhouse was very similar to Laura's screams in FWWM. Plus, I imagine the way those men were treating her would "bring back some memories" :(

Bonus FWWM detail in that scene: the saw from the Deer Meadow Sheriff's Department was hanging over Ruby's booth in the Roadhouse. I only noticed because I just rewatched FWWM and I always found that set decoration puzzling.

Speaking of FWWM, I find it totally plausible that Coop in that FWWM FBI scene was Dopplecoop. It might have even been Dopplecoop for the whole movie. When I first watched it, some time after I watched the series, I thought that the Cooper character seemed off and too different from his character in the TV series... a friend and I actually had a whole argument about it. :lol: So, there might be something to the idea that Jeffries would say "You ARE Cooper" to Dopplecoop. Maybe Dopplecoop is the only Cooper Jeffries knows.

Finally, when Norma mentioned her family, all I could think was HOW'S ANNIE??????? With all those hints about supporting her family financially, perhaps we'll soon find out...
RoddimusPrime

Post by RoddimusPrime »

cgs027 wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:He said "you've already met", right? Not met her. Maybe Judy is a man or a thing. Or Sarah as the Mother.
Is Audrey ever going to get out that door?
Ha, my thought, too. I loved the Mr.C/convenience store stuff and the Log Lady eulogy, but maybe I'm in the minority here... This seemed to plod along too much for the third act when we're down to the wire. Yes, it set up a bunch of stuff for the next episode (who is the 2nd hit in Vegas, etc.), but to have the same pacing as the middle section of the series at this point was a little bit of a bummer... (Not to mention that I was never given a reason to give a sh*t if that Steven character kills himself or not -- seems like a lot of time was taken up for this thread).
The 2nd hit in Vegas must be Dougie.
RainingPostToasties
Roadhouse Member

Post by RainingPostToasties »

Another great week for Twin Peaks!

That Todd and Roger would be unceremoniously gunned down and forgotten was among the few things (only thing?) I accurately predicted about The Return. The jury rigged special effects of Todd's death made it all the more unnatural, jarring.

I had been taking the Jumping Man's role in Fire Walk with Me for granted; just another prop in a scene chock full of the uncanny. Tonight was a reminder that he is indeed a lodge spirit with his own sinister autonomy. The imagery last week, combined with this week's, strongly suggests that the Jumping Man now inhabits Sarah. Then it's not the Mother as was almost unanimously believed?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Yeah, "certifiable" Chuck is Renee's husband.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Taperecorder
Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

blue_tomorrows wrote:
misterroundheels wrote:
blue_tomorrows wrote: As much as I've come around to loving this show, that's the kind of stuff that drives me up the flippin' wall. Seriously, who WRITES shit like that???
David Lynch and Mark Frost
I know, I know...it was a rhetorical question lol.
I think they are both absolutely first-rate writers for the most part, but unmotivated garbage like that makes me pause sometimes.

I didn't find it to be garbage at all. Not coming from a fucked up mentally paranoid junkie like Stephen. I found it to be spot on.
-
As above, so below.
-
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Was anyone else expecting Ed to lose his sh!t and go haywire at the diner?
cgs027
RR Diner Member

Post by cgs027 »

RoddimusPrime wrote:
cgs027 wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Is Audrey ever going to get out that door?
Ha, my thought, too. I loved the Mr.C/convenience store stuff and the Log Lady eulogy, but maybe I'm in the minority here... This seemed to plod along too much for the third act when we're down to the wire. Yes, it set up a bunch of stuff for the next episode (who is the 2nd hit in Vegas, etc.), but to have the same pacing as the middle section of the series at this point was a little bit of a bummer... (Not to mention that I was never given a reason to give a sh*t if that Steven character kills himself or not -- seems like a lot of time was taken up for this thread).
The 2nd hit in Vegas must be Dougie.
Yep, would tend to agree, but they could pull a 180 and have it be Janey-E.
430RichardandLinda

Post by 430RichardandLinda »

rocketsan22 wrote:Was anyone else expecting Ed to lose his sh!t and go haywire at the diner?
Yes! The way his face was contorting reminded me of Sarah and I was really hoping he wouldn't eat anyone's face :shock:
Taperecorder
Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

Deep Thought wrote: It was so perfect. What do you say to someone who is dying, or to someone who has lost a loved one? NOTHING. Words are idiotic at that point.
Exactly! Hawk was perfect. That scene was absolutely stunning. I don't think I took a breath during the whole thing.
-
As above, so below.
-
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

Good job to whoever spotted the Tremond photo wall paper, and also the stairs to the convenience store leading nowhere.

I really liked the geography that led Mr C to the Red Diamond from the convenience store which is ... where?

My friend's theory that Cooper was always Mr C and it was C who entered the Lodge and did everything on purpose. never sold for me.

I was always firm on Mr C/Cooper were definitely part of an integrated whole that split in the Lodge.

Not Bowie or Bowie's voice, oh well. Richard is Audrey's, and still possibly C's coma rape conception.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Voltaire wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Voltaire wrote:
Another cock tease of getting Cooper back. No matter how I try not to be disappointed with these teases...they have gotten me every time.
How was it a "cock tease". The last we saw of him he looked like Dale Cooper. He didn't go back to acting like "Dougie". Instead he almost certainly either died or jolted himself all the way back to Cooper by doing something like getting the rest of his memory/wits via electricity. So while it's not guaranteed, I think it's likely we'll see Cooper acting like Cooper in the psychic/spiritual world like we did in the first three parts, or Cooper will wake up in the hospital in Las Vegas as Dale Cooper. I think it's relatively unlikely that we'll see Cooper acting like Dougie-Coop again.

Poor Janey-E and Sonny Jim. I hope their story doesn't end in pure tragedy.
It was a cock tease in that when he heard Gordon Cole you thought that was it and also that he would awaken this episode...which he has not and there is no guarantee that he will next week although I admit that it is likely.
He seemed pretty awoken to me. I don't know about all of his memories in that sequence, but his spirit (sense/cognition/mind) seemed to be there. "Dougie" may be no more.
Cooper_.jpg
Cooper_.jpg (304.02 KiB) Viewed 8064 times
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

Ashok wrote:
JohnPalSki wrote:Did anyone else get the feeling that the Cooper in the scene from FWWM with Jeffries, Cole, and Albert.... that that may have been the Bad Coop??...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I actually had that feeling ever since Episode 14. Not sure how that would even work logistically but that theory certainly crossed my mind.
I suppose it's possible given that time doesn't necessarily seem to work the same way in the Lodges as it does in the real world, hence Cooper and Laura sharing dreams even though they never met in person and she was dead before Cooper ever entered the Black Lodge. Unless maybe Mr. C existed *before* Cooper ever came to Twin Peaks and was just waiting in the Lodge for a chance to replace the real Cooper?

I still think it's more likely that Jeffries was just disoriented, and doing some time-traveling of his own, and that he thus confused the real Cooper with Mr. C. Though I'm stumped as to what Jeffries' real agenda is - the new series has generally made it seem as if he's part of the Black Lodge forces or at least has been captured and doppelgangized by them, but then why make that appearance at the FBI building at all? Maybe there are two Jeffries as well? Or maybe his appearance at the FBI happened at a time when he hadn't yet been fully brought under the Black Lodge's control?
Mallard
RR Diner Member

Post by Mallard »

sylviecerise wrote:(taken from reddit)

Someone caught what appears to be Sarah's face superposed over the Jumping Man

And from the last episode, when Sarah removes her face, we saw something that looked like the Jumping Man's nose.
That's one of the creepiest images I've ever seen, Sarah or not.
Welcome...to the third...place.