Jeffries and the Monkey

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Meaxylon
Roadhouse Member

Re: Jeffries and the Monkey

Post by Meaxylon »

My conclusion from the FWWM scene of the monkey was that Judy was the monkey. And I also thought that Naido's speech is very monkey-sounding so I've been thinking that Naido might be Judy. But now I'm looking forward to seeing Jeffries played by a monkey then :)
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

I think I'm the only one here thinking 'WTF'
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Let's not forget that in part 8, when Ray was screaming in slow motion, the sound was actually monkeys.

But then again, maybe Lynch just likes monkeys.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

wxray wrote:Let's not forget that in part 8, when Ray was screaming in slow motion, the sound was actually monkeys.
it was?

this is really cool though.. i never heard the monkey's voice as Jeffries though? hmmm
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

double post
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

I just hope Jeffries doesn't return as "the monkey" fwiw. Of course, with Lynch you'd never know. If he does pull it off, I'm convinced he knows just HOW to stay fresh and not disappoint, at least that's my impression.

EDIT: That said, I don't wanna see him misspelled "JeffEries" again. You've probably seen the show and the movie, you made your way and registered in this forum, so why is it so hard to freakin' SPELL a name for Pete's sake? Puh-lease...
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

I don't really want to see Jeffries return as the monkey, either.
dronerstone wrote:That said, I don't wanna see him misspelled "JeffEries" again. You've probably seen the show and the movie, you made your way and registered in this forum, so why is it so hard to freakin' SPELL a name for Pete's sake? Puh-lease...
While I don't understand why it's hard for some people to spell names, I think there's no reason to be rude. No one's perfect...
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

Why dont they use scenes from another picture and use the voice Talent of Frizzel to voice Jeffries?
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

claaa7 wrote:
wxray wrote:Let's not forget that in part 8, when Ray was screaming in slow motion, the sound was actually monkeys.
it was?

this is really cool though.. i never heard the monkey's voice as Jeffries though? hmmm
Well, it *sounds* like a monkey. The sound is slowed 5x. When sped up 5x, "Moonlight Sonata" is plainly playing. Then when Ray cries out, it sounds like a monkey. There are a slew on the internet of the scene sped up. Here's one: https://youtu.be/Dq8bjIwNMW0
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Dreamy Audrey wrote:I don't really want to see Jeffries return as the monkey, either.
dronerstone wrote:That said, I don't wanna see him misspelled "JeffEries" again. You've probably seen the show and the movie, you made your way and registered in this forum, so why is it so hard to freakin' SPELL a name for Pete's sake? Puh-lease...
While I don't understand why it's hard for some people to spell names, I think there's no reason to be rude. No one's perfect...
Sorry, I wasn't meaning to offend, I'm just really pedantic about spelling mistakes in general. ;)
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

wxray wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
it was?

Well, it *sounds* like a monkey. The sound is slowed 5x. When sped up 5x, "Moonlight Sonata" is plainly playing. Then when Ray cries out, it sounds like a monkey. There are a slew on the internet of the scene sped up. Here's one: https://youtu.be/Dq8bjIwNMW0
Pretty sure they're not monkey screams. The screams are slowed down a lot less than the piano. Here I've slowed it to a different degree, and the screams sound EQ'd, but still very human.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1zmbSPpm0EX
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

alreadygoneplaces wrote:
wxray wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
it was?

Pretty sure they're not monkey screams. The screams are slowed down a lot less than the piano- on the video you posted, those screams are now sped up considerably. Here I've slowed it all to a different degree, and the screams sound EQ'd, but still very human.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1zmbSPpm0EX
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 10.41.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 10.41.11 PM.png (317.92 KiB) Viewed 12060 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Bad captioning by an over assuming fan. LOL
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

I don't think it's that much of a stretch that only a fan could make. In FWWM, Jeffries is the only person who talks about Judy, and repeatedly so.

Well, teaches a lesson on wishful thinking.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.