Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by Troubbble »

djsunyc wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:It looks like Audrey is seeing herself for the first time after 25 years, right? My initial read was that she was simply confused as to her surroundings or situation but now I dunno, seeing that GIF.
probably. you know what else i think - that'll be the last time we see audrey.

Not a chance. She'll absolutely be back.

The real question is: will RICHARD be back?

I expect he will, as well...
430RichardandLinda

Post by 430RichardandLinda »

THIS WAS SO GOOD.

I had the goofiest grin on my face through all the Coop scenes. I can't believe he's finally back.

So, Audrey is the dreamer then. What happened to the real Diane????? HOW MUCH OF THIS IS REAL?????? So many questions!

Did anyone else yell "SHUT UP DONNA!" when Sonny Jim kept yelling "You're my daddy!" :lol: It was like a Pavlovian response for me.

Also, Great Northern noise as MIKE theme confirmed. Woo hoo! What a ride.
KHAN Games

Post by KHAN Games »

Anyone notice the continuity error from the text that DoppleCoop sent Diane? Two different time stamps between cuts, one from an iMessage and one from a Text Message. Haha. Probably not relevant.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

djsunyc wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:It looks like Audrey is seeing herself for the first time after 25 years, right? My initial read was that she was simply confused as to her surroundings or situation but now I dunno, seeing that GIF.
probably. you know what else i think - that'll be the last time we see audrey.
Oof, I hope not. Based on the storytelling we saw in this episode, Lynch and Frost seem intent on wrapping up the various subplots. Plus, I think ending the penultimate episode with Audrey in such a disorienting way gives the thread too much weight to ignore heading into the finale, especially now that they've established further ties between the Diane and Audrey characters.
Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Post by Troubbble »

430RichardandLinda wrote:Great Northern noise as MIKE theme confirmed. Woo hoo! What a ride.
Agree. But then, what is he making a racket about in the Great Northern? Trying to get Ben's attention, because Dale's key has arrived? Or for another reason..?

With only two hours left, Beverly is a biiiiig question mark for me. Something very significant about her role in all of this, perhaps.
TPDpz

Post by TPDpz »

I was blown away with a couple of things that I did not expect. I was looking at boy were my speculations of some situations all wrong until the last scenes of Audrey first dancing and then the reality swap that took the rug off from that.

Questions and some sensations and speculations that arose from this episode to me:

Cooper
-Must enter through the red door? What does that red door symbolize or is it something actual inside the lodge?
-Clearly he feels for Janie & the family and has affection for the life he had for a brief moment. The seed will be used for creating another tulpa for
A) Be a father for the family and he sticks to the role of Dale Cooper
B) To act as Dale Cooper and then return to the family life, I mean after 25 years what is left for Dale anyways. If this is the case it might be sad that there might be no reunion for Cole & the real Dale.

Candy = Laura reborn
-"When you see me again it won't be me" -Laura
-The age fits
-The looks on her face to somewhere beyond
-Also commenting on the heart of gold and being able to see that
-Coop will come back for her and they will be connected and friends for life, this suggests that Dale might choose the option B

Richard
-Getting shocked. First thing I was thinking was - like father like son if this is a story of multiple personalities within -> Dale shocked -> Richard shocked.

Audrey
-Were the other performers on the roadhouse performing with their own names? Why was Vedder using not his own? -> If the others used their real names then this should be an interpretation of not being part of reality.
-The call for Audrey's dance was a clear implication of dream. All the audience rounding up for an audience while she is doing that is often a bad dream for many. All that was missing was that she was naked all the sudden while everyone staring at her dance.
-Indications of the backwards stuff is just enforcing the mirror scene. She's in her own headspace due to a coma, being dead or perhaps heavily drugged in a nuthouse + anything else that Lynch can come up with.
-Mirror symbolises reflection of the self and your consciousness. She's come in to realization of something looking at herself from a perception outside of wonderland by "waking up", how she seemed was like that she's in a shock how she looks after 25 years or so, like in shock.
-The bright white light surrounding is often depicted as limbo in other popular culture movies / series like Harry Potter & The Matrix (oh yes, Morpheus the god of dreams).
-At least Audrey was dreaming, perhaps she is the dreamer, but I was fairly sure it looked like to be Dale, everyone dreams.
-I am most curious about the reality she snapped in to, what or where is that and how she got there

The ring
-In FWWM the ring was assosiated with people disappearing / dying. It happened to Teresa, then Desmond finding the ring also Laura put on the ring in the train wagon and then Leland was shouting "no, don't make me do it". I don't know if it was Leland shouting for Bob or if it was Leland shouting for Laura because of putting on the ring. The ring will be used to kill Mr. C, perhaps green glove is required to hold him in place while it's being put on him?
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

TPDpz wrote: Richard
-Getting shocked. First thing I was thinking was - like father like son if this is a story of multiple personalities within -> Dale shocked -> Richard shocked.
Oh, good call. Another parallel I just now noticed, duh, but that Coop and Audrey both seemed to "wake up" this episode.
Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Post by Troubbble »

TPDpz wrote: -In FWWM the ring was assosiated with people disappearing / dying. It happened to Teresa, then Desmond finding the ring also Laura put on the ring in the train wagon and then Leland was shouting "no, don't make me do it". I don't know if it was Leland shouting for Bob or if it was Leland shouting for Laura because of putting on the ring. The ring will be used to kill Mr. C, perhaps green glove is required to hold him in place while it's being put on him?
It doesn't kill, but seems to tie the wearer to the lodge upon death... (Laura, Ray)

And occasionally, to bring them there while living, too? (Jeffries, Dougie, maybe Desmond.)
Last edited by Troubbble on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elric99
Roadhouse Member

Post by Elric99 »

I tried pausing it during Audrey's dance, and I really do think there may be a symbol/tattoo on her left arm. It looks a little too "angular" to be a bruise, but so far I haven't got a good screenshot of it.
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

Troubbble wrote:With only two hours left, Beverly is a biiiiig question mark for me. Something very significant about her role in all of this, perhaps.
I think so...
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

Elric99 wrote:I tried pausing it during Audrey's dance, and I really do think there may be a symbol/tattoo on her left arm. It looks a little too "angular" to be a bruise, but so far I haven't got a good screenshot of it.
I did notice all the purple light shining on her (Mauve Room? Purple Sea? White Lodge?).
pixletwin
Roadhouse Member

Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by pixletwin »

TPDpz wrote: -Were the other performers on the roadhouse performing with their own names? Why was Vedder using not his own? -> If the others used their real names then this should be an interpretation of not being part of reality.
Edward Louis Severson III IS Eddie Vedder's real name.
Last edited by pixletwin on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
430RichardandLinda

Post by 430RichardandLinda »

Also, to feed the Dian-L theory with Linda...

Diane got Mr. C's text at 16:31. That's 4:31. Probably because it didn't send right away (this happens to me a lot on my phone haha). 4:30 PM in Buckhorn should be light, as it is shown to be, but then it definitely shouldn't be dark in Twin Peaks (we can assume they're in the vicinity because of Jerry). Clearly that message sent with a significant delay. Or it was sent into the future... regardless the timelines aren't matching AT ALL.

430. Richard and Linda (E). 2 birds with one stone. They're both no longer on Earth. There was one stone; the golden pebble that was Diane. HMMMMM
Last edited by 430RichardandLinda on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nonemoreblack
RR Diner Member

Post by nonemoreblack »

For episode 15 I had a theory that Ruby screaming at the Roadhouse purposefully mirrored Dougie crawling towards the outlet because it was supposed to represent Dale and Audrey both waking up. I think I might've been right?

Really satisfying episode. Although the fact that we were right about Diane and Audrey being raped by Evil Coop is a hard pill to swallow. :(
Jadegive2rides

Post by Jadegive2rides »

Elric99 wrote:I tried pausing it during Audrey's dance, and I really do think there may be a symbol/tattoo on her left arm. It looks a little too "angular" to be a bruise, but so far I haven't got a good screenshot of it.
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 9.22.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 9.22.10 PM.png (441.37 KiB) Viewed 9617 times
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 9.22.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 9.22.18 PM.png (314.11 KiB) Viewed 9617 times
Very faint and not visible in any of the beginning shots. Almost looks like it develops to me.

*edit to switch picture order in sequence.
Last edited by Jadegive2rides on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call for help