Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rik Renault
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by Rik Renault »

Finally caught up on all of the pages and surprised nobody has mentioned what the connection of 'the seed' and tulpas has to do with the box in Buenos Aires.

I'm particularly convinced too by an earlier poster's idea of Albert being involved with the 'Jeffries' call in episode 2. Maybe he is still working with Jeffries and the coordinates he so carelessly allowed Diane to crib were trying to set Doppelcoop up by matching with Jeffries'.

Also think there seems to be a lot of conflation in this thread between doppelgangers and tulpas. I may have misunderstood the wiki pages i read on the subject but I don't think tulpas are necessarily 'people' much less are required to look like anything at all. They are simply ideas or imaginations which are 'willed' into reality. The Blue Rose is not a doppelganger of a red one IMO.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

With this last episode so heavy on tulpa exposition and explanation, I'm guessing at least one more will be created before all is said and done.

I'm thinking that it will be Laura ("Laura is the one," "I am dead yet I live," on and on and on). She could confront Bob, Mr. C, her mom, or the Mother.

I guess I just don't know how a Laura tulpa could be created since Laura is already dead, or if a copy of Laura has the same "power" as the real McCoy would.

I'm not sure about Audrey. I think she's just been imprisoned in the Lodge or Dutchman's like she was in One-Eyed Jack's. But considering all the Diane parallels, who knows.
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

I think we're gonna get fucking blasted next week.

Coop's been working very hard over there.
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

as said in Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

enaiD = SOUL
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Ashok wrote:
garethw wrote:
Novalis wrote:
You know, you had me rethinking for a minute there, because during the Hutch-Chantal stakeout scene I kept thinking the DOM (119) woman would pipe up, but then I realised, she's squatting in the foreclosed house in Rancho Rosa, opposite the house Jade-2-rides and Dougie Jones used, and not on Lancelot Court. Did we make the same mistake?
Heh. Yup. :)
Haha, wow. I was thinking Hailey Gates was across the street from Janey-E's too. There's so much information I need to reprocess from this Revival.
It's crazy, isn't it? I watched MD a dozen times, still seeing new things, feeling it in different ways...

This is about 7 or 8 times the size of that, and we don't even have the full picture to contectualize everything.

Wonder if we'll ever see 1-1-9 again. i worry about that poor little boy. :/
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

ThumbsUp wrote:Hutch: "You hear that bird this morning?"
Chantal: "Sure as shit did."

Thoughts? Owl?
Meadow Lark?
mammajamma

Post by mammajamma »

Since Diane was a tulpa, was it the physical act of shooting her that caused her to cease existing, or was it the three others' resolve once she pulled the gun that she could not exist? There was no blood on the seat behind her and the painting that was knocked after the shooting snapped back in place in an unnatural way as she disappeared.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

ThumbsUp wrote:With this last episode so heavy on tulpa exposition and explanation, I'm guessing at least one more will be created before all is said and done.

I'm thinking that it will be Laura ("Laura is the one," "I am dead yet I live," on and on and on). She could confront Bob, Mr. C, her mom, or the Mother.

I guess I just don't know how a Laura tulpa could be created since Laura is already dead, or if a copy of Laura has the same "power" as the real McCoy would.

I'm not sure about Audrey. I think she's just been imprisoned in the Lodge or Dutchman's like she was in One-Eyed Jack's. But considering all the Diane parallels, who knows.
Utterly unsubstantiated pet theory of the moment: the "real" Coop was a Tulpa, created by Laura herself.
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

In the scene where Gordon is alone in the room with all the equipment and taking time to "listen to the sounds" it sure seemed like he was trying to discern patterns. There has to be a reason for all of that gadgetry, is this the last of the stuff from the off-the-books Doug Milford/Blue Pine project?
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

The pine weasel is a tulpa!

I really dislike the idea of Laura being reborn as a tulpa. If she's going to return, we need the real Laura reborn with her own soul.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

HagbardCeline wrote:In the scene where Gordon is alone in the room with all the equipment and taking time to "listen to the sounds" it sure seemed like he was trying to discern patterns. There has to be a reason for all of that gadgetry, is this the last of the stuff from the off-the-books Doug Milford/Blue Pine project?
That scene really stuck out for me- how deliberately wedged in the middle of Cooper's coma scene it was. Wondered if Gordon was questioning the reality of his existence. The cut from Gordon's machines to Cooper's monitor could just have been a cool little transition, but it seemed like it was meant to be more. I'm not saying Gordon's not real, but it adds to the sense of uncertainty over what is and isn't 'real' which has got us scratching our heads for the entire series.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

chromereflectsimage wrote:How can Coop be awake with BadCooper still out there? Didn't Mike say back in episode 2 that two Dales couldn't be out at the same time and one would have to come back in for him to go out?
Maybe there's some sort of grace period/time limit? Obviously MIKE/Phillip Gerard told Cooper that Mr. C is still out there and sent him to Twin Peaks to presumably to send him back to the Lodge/kill him.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Cooper should have insisted on adding one more person to the trip to Twin Peaks: Jade. Like the Mitchum brothers, she also has a heart of gold. Cooper owes her a "ride". She could run One-Eyed Jack's maybe.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Ross wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:I'm surprised more people aren't more annoyed with the Cooper age discrepancy. Gahhhhhhhhh. I'll stew in my own pain haha.
Is there a discrepancy, though? Maybe the doppelganger was created when Cooper entered the Red Room. That'd make him 25 years older than Richard.
No it wouldn't. That would make them the SAME age - both 25!!
I'm so confused by the whole argument regarding age.

I simply took it to mean BadCoop exited the Lodge and raped Audrey, causing Richard to come about.

The line from BadCoop above being 25 years his senior is meant to drive home the point that he was conceived 25 years previously. I'm genuinely not getting why people are reading more into this compared with all the other things that we're still looking for answers for. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Rik Renault wrote:Finally caught up on all of the pages and surprised nobody has mentioned what the connection of 'the seed' and tulpas has to do with the box in Buenos Aires.

I'm particularly convinced too by an earlier poster's idea of Albert being involved with the 'Jeffries' call in episode 2. Maybe he is still working with Jeffries and the coordinates he so carelessly allowed Diane to crib were trying to set Doppelcoop up by matching with Jeffries'.

Also think there seems to be a lot of conflation in this thread between doppelgangers and tulpas. I may have misunderstood the wiki pages i read on the subject but I don't think tulpas are necessarily 'people' much less are required to look like anything at all. They are simply ideas or imaginations which are 'willed' into reality. The Blue Rose is not a doppelganger of a red one IMO.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I'm convinced as I've said a few times, that Albert is not what he seems.

I also asked in previous threads about the significance of the seed in Buenes Aries appearing after the phone seemed to shrink into it following the text message from the lady (can't remember her name)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk