David Lynch Lime Green Box Set Discussion

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Re: New David Lynch DVD Box - the Lime Green Set

Post by dugpa »

coolspringsj wrote:Need details of the Mystery Disc.

Call me cynical, but I hope Lynch is making something for the fans, not something solely to make money off of the fans.

Hope they sell Industrial Symphony at some point separately.
So far, no word on what the contents of the mystery disc are. What I've been told is that it will be content that has never been released on home video before.

Most curious is how Lynch was able to obtain the rights to distribute his older films and whether any effort is being made to someday obtain the rights to Twin Peaks: FWWM...

Also, I have verified that Industrial Symphony will be exclusive to this set. (At least for the initial release) and that it has been transferred from the original negative.

-B
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

dugpa wrote:Also, I have verified that Industrial Symphony will be exclusive to this set. (At least for the initial release)

-B
Bites tongue and reaches for my laserdisc of IS#1
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
whatif
Roadhouse Member

Post by whatif »

Well, they better have some deleted scenes from Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart on that mystery disc for me to spring for this set. I already own all of the DVDs and don't care for industrial symphony that much.

Why on earth didn't Lynch grab up the rights to FWWM and release the deleted scenes to that!!!!??? I would have paid $180 just for the deleted scenes to FWWM alone. :evil:

Another thing... I know Lynch digs those mysteries, but how can he not give the details of that disc when it is so obviously the top selling point of the set?
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

Deleted.
Last edited by Christian1989 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

whatif wrote:Another thing... I know Lynch digs those mysteries, but how can he not give the details of that disc when it is so obviously the top selling point of the set?
Because it's the only way to get many fans to double dip for this box set.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Hopefully unreleased TP stuff will be on the upcoming Mauve Set...
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

Apart from Industrial Symphony No. 1, the Mystery disc and the Elephant Man special features (which are available as part of the new UK special edition) I have everything in that set many times over. If the Mystery disc included the Fire Walk With Me deleted scenes I'd happily fork out $180 for this set on Betamax tapes if necessary but I don't want to keep handing over new money for old rope and probably won't buy this box set. My curiosity was immense and I can't help feeling massively underwhelmed by the specifications.

However, the chances of a future Blu-Ray release must be pretty high and that's a horse (or box) of a different colour (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Tasteful Black next time). I'm practically wiping the drool from my chin at the prospect of a Blu-Ray release.
"Look at the light climbing up the aerial"
shemsha
Roadhouse Member

Post by shemsha »

Nice but I don't plan on buying it.
I own blue velvet, elephant man, eraserhead and wild at heart and I am not a big fan of dumbland and the short films.
kernunrex

Post by kernunrex »

Wow, this is a bummer. I'm not sure who the target audience of this box set is supposed to be? I can't imagine many Lynch fans not already having -- at a minimum -- Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart and Eraserhead. I can't imagine many casual fans caring about IS#1 or Dumbland or a soundtrack CD.
DigitalGhost wrote:I'm practically wiping the drool from my chin at the prospect of a Blu-Ray release.
Ditto. Now here's the question: hold out for a BD box and risk this set going out of print (losing out on IS#1 and the hopefully neat-o Mystery Disc), or grit my teeth and buy it now? I suppose I can make some of that $180 back from ebaying my duplicate DVDs... Ugh.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

That looks GREAT!!! But I have lots of questions about it; any contests where we could win one? Pretty pricey! :mrgreen:
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
thepope79

Post by thepope79 »

Up to now, I've always had to have the best available release of every Lynch work.

At this price, though... I think I'll be waiting for the first Blu-ray releases now.
bobkind3

Post by bobkind3 »

Hope the packaging is changed - looks pretty cheap IMO. Searching for some significance for the title I found that apparently "Lime Jell-O is the official state food of Utah and Utah is a state in the Jell-O Belt". Cream corn indeed!
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

I think its a disgrace - I love Lynch's work and so i have bought everything in that box that is currently available - including his deluxe Eraserhead 2000 & the short films. And this is how I'm repaid - buy it all again sucker - for the 3 new DVDs. He can take his TM and go to hell.
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

This thing is weird, lime green, expensive, and i don't get it.
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

I hope its sales are thoroughly wretched. The last couple of Lynch DVDs I've bought have been very disappointing - Dumbland only lasts about half an hour and that DYNAMIC: 01 which shows "highlights" from DL.COM illustrates well that they should have stayed on the site. It's largely forgettable. The big highlights from the site are Rabbits & the Thank You Judge videos and we don't get those. Then we have this TPGold Box which is unavailable to the UK (not Lynch's fault this time) & now this expensive, pointless compilation with Industrial Symphony locked inside. Mystery disc? If its anything like DYNAMIC ONE he can keep it.

So much for loyally buying the DVDs and not getting bootlegs or downloading illegally. And as for his TM crusade - I've had a gut full of celebrities and their wacked out religious beliefs.

And then this incessant teasing about the FWWM scenes - bloody well do it or not - make up your mind. He could do it if he really wanted to - i mean he can live off the proceeds from his coffee brand or some of his other rip=off merchandising products while he's doing it.

I'm very upset - almost hurt! I guess i made the mistake of thinking that Lynch had too much integrity to do stuff like this but i was wrong. Money talks, people mutter.