POLL: EVERYONE'S A TULPA! (S3E16 spoilers)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

POLL: Who will be revealed as a tulpa in parts 17/18?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:23 am

Nobody
20%
Everybody
10%
Good Coop (from the whole series)
2%
Good Coop (only since coming through the electrical outlet)
3%
Gordon Cole
2%
Albert
No votes
Tammy
7%
Phillip Jeffries
2%
Janey E/Sonny Jim
8%
The Mitchums
No votes
Candie
7%
Naido
3%
Wally Brando
5%
Laura Palmer
No votes
Sarah Palmer
5%
Annie Blackburn
12%
Audrey/Billy
5%
Big Ed/Norma
3%
Everyone in the Roadhouse scenes
5%

Total votes: 59
Rik Renault
Roadhouse Member

POLL: EVERYONE'S A TULPA! (S3E16 spoilers)

Post by Rik Renault »

So with one week to go and Diane confirmed as a tulpa, people are in a feverish state and no one is safe from being labeled the dreaded T-word. Cast your vote/s for who else will be revealed as a tulpa/doppelganger in the finale on Sunday!
Denise's Pieces
Roadhouse Member

Re: POLL: EVERYONE'S A TULPA! (S3E16 spoilers)

Post by Denise's Pieces »

Where's Jeff Foxworthy?
"If you're seeded from a gold ball, you might be a tulpa."
"If your arm goes numb while with a hooker, just before you disappear into the Lodge, you might be a tulpa."
"If a text message turns you into the Manchurian Candidate, you might just be a tulpa."
Denise's Pieces
Roadhouse Member

Post by Denise's Pieces »

Doppleganger post.
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

There should be the option "other".

I think Frank might be a tulpa of Harry. If tulpas in Twin Peaks don't necessarily have to be manufactured intentionally but can also emerge from thoughts like in the Tibetan myth, maybe when Harry got sick and couldn't work at the Sheriff's Department anymore, he or his colleagues wished him to be there very strongly, and Frank was created by their thoughts (maybe they aren't even aware of this). If Harry always had a brother who worked as a sheriff or deputy, where was he in the original series and why was he never mentioned? His sudden appearance and take-over of the same duties when Harry can't be there anymore and his knowledge of old cases that he didn't work on is too convenient. I know that the simplest answer is that this character wasn't mentioned before because he was just created for the new show, but he isn't really necessary. Hawk could have been the new sheriff, he is doing most of the work in the Twin Peaks investigation plots, anyway.

Frank could also be seen as a tulpa in a meta-sense. Lynch and Frost wanted Harry to return but they couldn't get Ontkean, but since they still wanted Harry to be part of the series, they got Forster, who had been the first choice for Harry in the original series, to play a different version of the sheriff. Frank evolved from thoughts about Harry. Therefore he would be the perfect candidate for a tulpa, if there are more of them in the series.
Cipher
RR Diner Member

Post by Cipher »

Constance Talbot was my favorite new tulpa this season.
Rik Renault
Roadhouse Member

Post by Rik Renault »

Dreamy Audrey wrote:There should be the option "other".
There definitely should be. It only let me create the poll with a maximum of 20 options and I should have just sacrificed Wally Brando for this, but he seems to be a fairly popular choice! haha

Hopefully people will just comment below other options as I'm scared to change it now for fear of wiping the whole poll as happened on another poll.
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

This whole season might well turn out to be a Tulpa.
StealThisCorn
RR Diner Member
Location: Laying on Laura's lap in the Red Room / Gorging on garmonbozia with Bob Above the Convenience Store

Post by StealThisCorn »

Phyllis Hastings should be on this list. And maybe the Major Briggs that popped up on the radar dozens on times in the past 25 years.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Dreamy Audrey wrote:There should be the option "other".

I think Frank might be a tulpa of Harry. If tulpas in Twin Peaks don't necessarily have to be manufactured intentionally but can also emerge from thoughts like in the Tibetan myth, maybe when Harry got sick and couldn't work at the Sheriff's Department anymore, he or his colleagues wished him to be there very strongly, and Frank was created by their thoughts (maybe they aren't even aware of this). If Harry always had a brother who worked as a sheriff or deputy, where was he in the original series and why was he never mentioned? His sudden appearance and take-over of the same duties when Harry can't be there anymore and his knowledge of old cases that he didn't work on is too convenient.
It's possible, although Frank simply might not have been living in the town during the time of the Laura Palmer case. We don't know when exactly he became co-Sheriff. I mean, both fellas are old, so they might have been sharing duties for a decade or more. We also don't know for how long Harry's been unwell. The whole Harry thing hasn't sat well with me anyway. I'd rather they'd simply said he'd moved to Hawaii 20 years ago than have one-sided phone calls reminding us that this Sheriff Truman is a piece of replacement casting.
I know that the simplest answer is that this character wasn't mentioned before because he was just created for the new show, but he isn't really necessary. Hawk could have been the new sheriff, he is doing most of the work in the Twin Peaks investigation plots, anyway.
Yes, that would have made more sense to me too.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

The Gazebo wrote:This whole season might well turn out to be a Tulpa.
Yes, the final episode has a gigantic plot reset back to the end of season two with a title card saying 'Coming soon: the real season three!' :lol:
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I've become more and more of a tulpa since 5/21. Where is the "Me" button?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

This site should be called tulpa.com, tbh.