Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ashok
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by Ashok »

ScarFace32 wrote:Also the CGI with Diane was beyond bad. It was like something from a cellphone App.
The effects reminded me of something from one of those old 1990s FMV point-and-click adventure games like The 7th Guest, Myst, Riven, Gabriel Knight, Phantasmagoria, etc. That being said I found the effects rather creepy and kinda loved it. :D
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

People are still going off about the CGI? Has everybody been conditioned so widely that CGI must inherently equal realism, and that intentionally wanting to look like something else is unthinkable/nigh implausible? I'm not saying "you have to like it" but jeez louise is it getting old. "MUH BUDGET!" all you want I guess. lol
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

ScarFace32 wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:Perfectly stated! Also don't forget where they grew up, and the fact that they never had parents.
My feeling is that they mostly "played the part" in Vegas, that is they faked it until they made it in Vegas and beating a guy that they are sure cheated them of $500K is a small price all things considered.
I don't think they ever murdered anyone, what they wanted to do to Dougie seems more out of rage and impulsivity rarher than experience (there was even a witness that THEY involved), and the job on Ike was probably in self defense as they knew that Todd wanted them dead.
That's a great point about the limo driver. He struck me as a decent, sweet guy who really liked DougieCoop. Their having him bring them to the murder scene was pretty inept.
Could be or they are gangsters, bosses of a crime ring and that limo driver is a loyal soldier in their organization. I mean as soon as they saw FBI agents they ran but I don't know they seemed OK with Coop being FBI
I don't think so. He had a surprised reaction when Bradley pointed the gun. I am sure he was a loyal member of the Mitchum gang but I don't think he was used to murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Ashok wrote:
ScarFace32 wrote:Also the CGI with Diane was beyond bad. It was like something from a cellphone App.
The effects reminded me of something from one of those old 1990s FMV point-and-click adventure games like The 7th Guest, Myst, Riven, Gabriel Knight, Phantasmagoria, etc. That being said I found the effects rather creepy and kinda loved it. :D
OMG all of the games you mentioned (and their sequels, Phantasmagoria 2 was also good; the 11th hour was a bit underwhelming but great puzzles, Gabriel Knight were all great!)!!!!

Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

On a rewatch, it sounds like there's a voice during the backwards Audrey's Dance right at the end of the credits before the Lynch/Frost sign pops up. Did anyone else hear this? Is it the announcer saying 'thank you' backwards or is it just a sound effect from the music?
TheGum
RR Diner Member

Post by TheGum »

ScarFace32 wrote:I'm still reading this thread but did Diane say that the Convenience Store (Gas station in her words) was next to the Sheriff's station? Does that mean the convenience store is right in Twin Peaks next to the sheriff's station? Are they going to have a shot of the sheriff's station and pan out and the Convience Store is right there lol?

Also the CGI with Diane was beyond bad. It was like something from a cellphone App.
I hate to be harsh, but what?

She did not say that, it does not mean that, and man, it was NOT "bad Cgi" it was exactly what Lynch wanted. Do you have a better video of what REALLY happens when a tulpa breaks down to seed? Its not meant to be realistic. Its art. It looks exactly like Lynch wanted it to.
I'm back in style!
cgs027
RR Diner Member

Post by cgs027 »

TheGum wrote:
ScarFace32 wrote:I'm still reading this thread but did Diane say that the Convenience Store (Gas station in her words) was next to the Sheriff's station? Does that mean the convenience store is right in Twin Peaks next to the sheriff's station? Are they going to have a shot of the sheriff's station and pan out and the Convience Store is right there lol?

Also the CGI with Diane was beyond bad. It was like something from a cellphone App.
I hate to be harsh, but what?

She did not say that, it does not mean that, and man, it was NOT "bad Cgi" it was exactly what Lynch wanted. Do you have a better video of what REALLY happens when a tulpa breaks down to seed? Its not meant to be realistic. Its art. It looks exactly like Lynch wanted it to.
Yeah, I actually thought the tulpa-deseeding process looked very Terry Gilliam-esque, and was apropos. Now, the real world Duncan Todd headshot is another story -- I much prefer the practical effects of something like Bobby shooting the guy in the head in the woods in FWWM, but given that it was not a close-up, so be it... (but still thought it looked unintentionally cheesy -- it's not like they had a Microsoft Paint burst of red appear when Mr. C shot Ray).
Last edited by cgs027 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Has anyone noticed a post by Julie Cruise on Instagram. BEWARE. I think she has given away a massive spoiler. So disappointed that I saw it.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:Has anyone noticed a post by Julie Cruise on Instagram. BEWARE. I think she has given away a massive spoiler. So disappointed that I saw it.
It's a fake/joke. Supposedly the pic of Julee is lifted from a 2011 concert.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
JohnPalSki
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnPalSki »

I had a hard time with a lot of Diane's dialogue this last episode... I thought D said "I'm in the sheriffs station" or just "the sheriff's station"... the former would point to Naido and the latter just to a sudden realization that "oh shit- they're going to end up at the sheriffs station!"

John Pal
---------------------
"Don't expect a turkey dog here."
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by yaxomoxay »

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:Has anyone noticed a post by Julie Cruise on Instagram. BEWARE. I think she has given away a massive spoiler. So disappointed that I saw it.
Yeah I saw it if you mean what's written on the picture (been vague on purpose).
Unacceptable spoiler by a member of the cast.

JohnPalSki
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnPalSki »

I saw it too. And I'm pissed.
Not the slightest bit cool, and worthy of a consequence.

John Pal
---------------------
"Don't expect a turkey dog here."
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

JohnPalSki wrote:I saw it too. And I'm pissed.

Definitely. I am seriously pissed. She should pay for it, what a jackass. I am livid.

cgs027
RR Diner Member

Post by cgs027 »

yaxomoxay wrote:

Definitely. I am seriously pissed. She should pay for it, what a jackass. I am livid.

Yikes, I'm outta here!
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

cgs027 wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:

Yikes, I'm outta here!
It is a very bad move by her, unappreciative of the fans.