Will the finale reveal "How's Annie"?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Will the finale reveal "How's Annie"?

Post by Soolsma »

lol! I didn't even consider the option of romance. Now I want Coop and Annie to get back together in S4 :lol:
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Soolsma wrote:lol! I didn't even consider the option of romance. Now I want Coop and Annie to get back together in S4 :lol:
It was sweet, and I did prefer it to Audrey and Coop but honestly I am totally for him going back to Janey-E at the end. Cooper should be with a woman who can take care of him as well as he takes care of her.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

This is probably not the route Lynch/Frost would go, but I have suspected Annie of being Norma's secret daughter. Like, maybe Norma got pregnant with Ed in high school, but Vivian ("M.T. Wentz") didn't want the stigma of a teen pregnancy in the family, so it was all kept under wraps. Annie is raised thinking that Norma is her sister and Vivian is her mom, and Norma is made to feel guilty about the whole thing. Maybe this incident was instrumental in driving Norma into a relationship with Hank.

Again, I don't think this is the route the show would take, especially this late in the series, but Norma's comment about having a family did get me thinking.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Cappy wrote:This is probably not the route Lynch/Frost would go, but I have suspected Annie of being Norma's secret daughter. Like, maybe Norma got pregnant with Ed in high school, but Vivian ("M.T. Wentz") didn't want the stigma of a teen pregnancy in the family, so it was all kept under wraps. Annie is raised thinking that Norma is her sister and Vivian is her mom, and Norma is made to feel guilty about the whole thing. Maybe this incident was instrumental in driving Norma into a relationship with Hank.

Again, I don't think this is the route the show would take, especially this late in the series, but Norma's comment about having a family did get me thinking.
That would be really interesting.
Aerozhul
RR Diner Member

Post by Aerozhul »

Soolsma wrote:Someone told me it would be covered in Frost's new book. Not 100% on this as it was not verifiable. However, given that we know Frost originally wanted to include more post s2 finale stuff in TSHOTP (spanning the 25 year gap) but didn't because it might have been detrimental to what we see in the series; it does not seem unlikely we'll find out more about Annie.

She might be mentioned in the finale, but I think that'll be it; a mention tops, I would not hold my breath for it. Seeing we've now found out what DoppelCoop has done to the women that were important in his live, I think her fate was pretty grim as well.
I would be fine with just a mention, though they definitely had their chance with some of the other exposition in Part 7 and didn't go there for whatever reason. The way Hawk mentioned her, though, I thought that if she had died later, he would have mentioned it? Also strange that he didn't connect her to Norma in any way: "a girl who went into that place with him" rather than "Norma's sister that went into that place with him". Of course, that seems to align with TSHOTP.

Speaking of which, I'd be interested to hear more about the new Frost book - is it really going to do a deep dive into the characters during the gap, as was the original premise of TSHOTP, or will it be about the larger mythology like its predecessor? I can't imagine it won't follow the design of the original book.....
Aerozhul
RR Diner Member

Post by Aerozhul »

Cappy wrote:This is probably not the route Lynch/Frost would go, but I have suspected Annie of being Norma's secret daughter. Like, maybe Norma got pregnant with Ed in high school, but Vivian ("M.T. Wentz") didn't want the stigma of a teen pregnancy in the family, so it was all kept under wraps. Annie is raised thinking that Norma is her sister and Vivian is her mom, and Norma is made to feel guilty about the whole thing. Maybe this incident was instrumental in driving Norma into a relationship with Hank.

That would have probably fit in nicely with some of the soapier aspects of mid-Season 2, but you're right that's not really in the realm of the new show. Though I never expected to see James signing his song or Audrey dancing in the Roadhouse, so what do I know.....
Manwith
RR Diner Member

Post by Manwith »

I think it's unlikely that we'll get more Twin Peaks after season 3, but if we did I wonder if Annie could be the unresolved mystery that leads to season 4? The one final mystery that Dale has yet to solve?