Season 3 Magazine Coverage and Articles Worldwide

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

piero
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 3 Magazine Coverage and Articles Worldwide

Post by piero »

This is an interview I did last saturday with Luca Di Medio. He was my school mate and he's in the new season.
enjoy.

http://twinpeaksitalia.blogspot.it/2017 ... ks_97.html
Roomservice...
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

piero wrote:This is an interview I did last saturday with Luca Di Medio. He was my school mate and he's in the new season.
enjoy.

http://twinpeaksitalia.blogspot.it/2017 ... ks_97.html
The infamous Irish gangster speaks! :lol: Glad they didn't ding him too hard for his violation of the NDA.
Mace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mace »

IMG_0404.JPG
IMG_0404.JPG (122.37 KiB) Viewed 10883 times
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Not sure if there are any fans here from Japan but the October issue of SCREEN Magazine has a feature on Twin Peaks. From Google Translate: "Twin · Peaks The Return" Kyle · McLaklin visits Japan
Attachments
cover.jpg
cover.jpg (47.25 KiB) Viewed 10786 times
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Didn't see this posted: Interview with Sherilyn.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

N. Needleman wrote:Didn't see this posted: Interview with Sherilyn.
Seems like she hasn't watched much of the show. I respect that her priorities are with her kids, but that's rather disappointing.
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Seems like she hasn't watched much of the show. I respect that her priorities are with her kids, but that's rather disappointing.
Or she doesn't trust herself to comment in any depth on it without giving certain things away. The few final paragraphs gave me the impression that she might just be claiming she hasn't watched it much, in order to dodge questions of a kind that would probe her feelings towards other characters. You could draw all kinds of conclusions from that.

I find it hard to believe that, even with family commitments, watching the show would not be a big deal to her.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Novalis wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Or she doesn't trust herself to comment in any depth on it without giving certain things away. The few final paragraphs gave me the impression that she might just be claiming she hasn't watched it much, in order to dodge questions of a kind that would probe her feelings towards other characters. You could draw all kinds of conclusions from that.

I find it hard to believe that, even with family commitments, watching the show would not be a big deal to her.
The transcript makes it sound like she was genuinely confused by the reference to a very memorable motif from Part 8. The typical interview response would be something like, "(laughs) Wasn't that great?" But of course it's tough to be fully sure without hearing her intonation. I'd like to believe you're right, but kinda doubt it.
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

You're probably right of course, I just like to entertain the idea Audrey/Sherilyn is brimming with knowledge we're as yet forbidden. Plus it's hard to know exactly how one is supposed to respond to what that facebook fan quoted from the show, even if you're an actor from it. I can't imagine having a pat answer, and 'yeah, wasn't that great?' sounds, I dunno, something too trite to even say. If she really doesn't get the reference then, yeah, that is a sadness.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

Well, she's indicated she can't watch her own performances so perhaps is not so invested in the wider project.
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

Novalis wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Seems like she hasn't watched much of the show. I respect that her priorities are with her kids, but that's rather disappointing.

Then again, it could be her little protest against the show as a commercial 'product' post-completion, because her personal affection for DKL is seemingly still - and probably always has been - pretty strong.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

WaPo on the deeper impact of the show in summer 2017.

The Wrap says Showtime's numbers gamble paid off.
Rigpa
Roadhouse Member

Post by Rigpa »