Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Post by Rhodes »

boske wrote:Now, how is it that Lynch never said that the part where he got to kiss Shelley sucked?
You're asking me?

What's your point with this question? Are you contradicting anything I said?
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Rhodes wrote:
I always said that the worst parts of season 2 were NOT Little Nicky or Evelyn March, but:
1. Annie (rushed, unbelievable, not funny, making Audrey less relevant).
2. Windom Earle (the stupid chess plot, the fake moustache, the very WORST follow-up for the Laura-mystery).
Wow, how nice Lynch got to remedy all that this season with characters and storyarcs that were absolutely not rushed, believable, funny (when they had to be), relevant, intelligent and all around the very BEST possible follow-up to the original (whose 2/3 sucked anyway - those that didn't have anything to do with The Master, at any rate).
droolcup

Post by droolcup »

mlsstwrt wrote: Laura has always been the character I loved most and so I have to admit that the scenes with her were maybe the only ones in TPTR that I found gripping. But why did Lynch have to do this to her and Coop? The FWWM ending was so perfect.
The ending of FWWM could still be placed after series 3. There is no timeframe of the Angel with Laura and Coop, and none of that scene is ever mentioned or referenced to, so I still place it as the final ending of the whole Twin Peaks.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

If there gets to be a season 4, I hope EW has another one of those collectors issues with a set of custom TP covers. This time let them put Janey-E, Bushnell, Mitchums, Anthony, Cockney Glove Kid, and Ike the Spike on it. And why was the owl on it this time? Better put a very fine bottle of Bordeaux.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Rhodes wrote:
boske wrote:Now, how is it that Lynch never said that the part where he got to kiss Shelley sucked?
You're asking me?

What's your point with this question? Are you contradicting anything I said?
No, it was a rhetorical question.
waferwhitemilk
Roadhouse Member

Post by waferwhitemilk »

Leland's scenes made him look like an animatronic the way he was awkwardly filmed from above sitting in his chair saying "find laura". Maybe an idea for an attraction in TP: The amusement park.
Last edited by waferwhitemilk on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

Agent Earle wrote:- those that didn't have anything to do with The Master, at any rate).
Are you using "the master" in an ironical way? Because he truly is the master, as he''s shown us again (in his 70s!).

We should all be grateful to live in a time where we can co-exist with one of the great creators in the history of art.
SpookySculder
Roadhouse Member

Post by SpookySculder »

Those EW covers and the PEOPLE mag YT vids, etc... were definitely false advertising.
boske wrote:If there gets to be a season 4, I hope EW has another one of those collectors issues with a set of custom TP covers. This time let them put Janey-E, Bushnell, Mitchums, Anthony, Cockney Glove Kid, and Ike the Spike on it. And why was the owl on it this time? Better put a very fine bottle of Bordeaux.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Rhodes wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:- those that didn't have anything to do with The Master, at any rate).
Are you using "the master" in an ironical way? Because he truly is the master, as he''s shown us again (in his 70s!).

We should all be grateful to live in a time where we can co-exist with one of the great creators in the history of art.
Well, we are each entitled to our opinions. I would rather say that the emperor has no clothes.
waferwhitemilk
Roadhouse Member

Post by waferwhitemilk »

So many times the disappointed were reviled for supposedly being terminal nostalgics who just wanted the same old TP as the original, but when a big part of the finale is actually exactly that: footage of the fucking original FWWM, all of a sudden it's amazing beyond words. While to me reusing old footage is cheap, redundant and lazy, and also def a sign of being up your own ass quite a bit, and not being able to "let go" and create something new.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

SpookySculder wrote:Those EW covers and the PEOPLE mag YT vids, etc... were definitely false advertising.
boske wrote:If there gets to be a season 4, I hope EW has another one of those collectors issues with a set of custom TP covers. This time let them put Janey-E, Bushnell, Mitchums, Anthony, Cockney Glove Kid, and Ike the Spike on it. And why was the owl on it this time? Better put a very fine bottle of Bordeaux.
Ditto. Let us not blame EW though, we know who gave them this stuff. The "master" did.
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

Rhodes wrote:
And that's an undisputable fact? :roll:
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

droolcup wrote:
mlsstwrt wrote: Laura has always been the character I loved most and so I have to admit that the scenes with her were maybe the only ones in TPTR that I found gripping. But why did Lynch have to do this to her and Coop? The FWWM ending was so perfect.
The ending of FWWM could still be placed after series 3. There is no timeframe of the Angel with Laura and Coop, and none of that scene is ever mentioned or referenced to, so I still place it as the final ending of the whole Twin Peaks.
I'm going to cling to this.

Rhodes - it's time for this question to be answered and maybe you're the person to do it even though this applies to a number of posters. WHY post in this thread at all? Trolling? Wanting us to see the light? Insecurity? I'm genuinely interested.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

I just saw that a doppelganger to this thread has appeared, seriously: "Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Satisfied Support Group (SPOILERS)". All the best to the fine folks over there. :)
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

boske wrote:I just saw that a doppelganger to this thread has appeared, seriously: "Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Satisfied Support Group (SPOILERS)". All the best to the fine folks over there. :)
Let's all pile in there and tell them why they're wrong, lol.

I actually already did that but made it clear I was joking. See, I don't think many of us would go into that thread and tell people how much TPTR sucks would we? I can't understand why certain posters would do the same here. Curious about the psychology of it.

Nice to see Coop delivering Kyle Reece's Terminator line right there at the end!