The deceased dugpa spoiler thread's partial mirror

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BGate
RR Diner Member

Re: Pre-release Leaks vs The Return

Post by BGate »

BEARisonFord wrote:Yep, along with the set photos/descriptions of Bad Coop with Jennifer Jason Leigh, Madchen on the hood of the car, etc.

I'm more wondering, what did we get wrong, if anything, and did anything significantly change along the way. If I recall correctly, it was said here at one point that due to contract disputes, Sherilyn Fenn missed the scenes she was supposed to film in Washington with the other Horne's. That's definitely an eyebrow raiser considering what we ended up getting with Audrey.
I'm not sure about that specifically, but Fenn herself in a recent interview alluded to the fact that she had some sort of dispute with Showtime/Lynch (presumably over money). So, as you say, given that literally all of her scenes are either with one actor or that same actor and a bunch of extras, and the fact that her storyline is completely cut off from the rest of The Return, it's not hard to imagine that she held out well into the production, and when she finally signed on Lynch whipped up something on the fly for her.

I would love to hear if anyone has any actual inside info or insight about this, though.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Arbogast never claimed multiple surprise appearances. I'll say that much.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

These were posted in the old spoiler thread:

------------------------------
Big possible spoilery details:
These are all pretty cut up, as I imagine watching something being filmed with no context is.

A scene where the Sheriff(?) comes out of a diner with a gun drawn

A scene where a group of kids finds a dead woman, and its not pretty. Evidently lots of blood

A scene where a waitress (don't remember the actress) is hanging onto the hood of a car as it drives

A scene where a kid gets hit by a truck. David Lynch painted the blood on the street himself. Driver doesn't stop, Mom comes out and reacts understandably. Whats interesting is there is a woman in the scene who apparently witnesses it happen and its the same woman the kids find dead.

The man with a gun coming out of the diner is Bobby and yes he is wearing a badge.

The waitress hanging on to the car is Shelly and she was trying to stop Becky (Amanda Seyfried) from leaving Fat Trout.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Nope, and I definitely wasn't referring to him. I'm trying to think of anything he was wrong about. He said Buenos Aires was canon. He said Naomi Watts had the second largest role after Kyle, which may not technically be true but she clearly had a major role.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

akmonday wrote:the shots of the final scene, cooper and laura in front of the house, were some of the earliest leaks there were.
I didn't get exposed to any leaks except for a local news article someone posted about the Palmer house set and screaming coming from it, telling locals not to worry (damn, Sheryl has a great scream). I was anticipating that at some point. It's funny that for a show that was so totally secretive, some of the promo/commercial images came from the very final episode, including that final scene.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

BGate wrote:He said Buenos Aires was canon.
He was right.
He said Naomi Watts had the second largest role after Kyle, which may not technically be true but she clearly had a major role.
I think he was right about that. She filmed more than Laura Dern, which is what he meant.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

We'll have to wait for LostInTheMovies to do his calculations, but it seems feasible to me that Watts had the second most screentime. Who are the other possibilities? I think only Ferrer and DKL himself maybe. Possibly Hawk?
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

BGate wrote: I had (otherwise normal, reliable) people tell me in PMs that they had very good sources tell them that there would be "multiple" surprise appearances a la Ontkean, Chris Isaak, etc. I assumed they were either straight up trolling me or were being fooled by someone else themselves, and I was right. I never believed Lynch was playing games with the cast list, and he wasn't.
There were rumblings about that on here, and I never bought it either.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:We'll have to wait for LostInTheMovies to do his calculations, but it seems feasible to me that Watts had the second most screentime. Who are the other possibilities? I think only Ferrer and DKL himself maybe. Possibly Hawk?
Arbogast also nailed the importance of Albert and Gordon Cole to the story.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
PDCampbell

Re: The deceased dugpa spoiler thread's partial mirror

Post by PDCampbell »

Now this is interesting. From the night shoot of the final scenes at the Palmer house:
Jugger: Speaking of monitors, I spotted something that probably isn’t newsworthy but will share. Before they shot the scream scene, they had us fans move up onto the main street that they were filming on (we were on a different street in front of the house that ran north of the house originally) but for that scene they had us move up on the main street the house is on that runs east/west that they were filming on, however we were standing behind a large “Road Closed” sign followed by crew and equipment, and then Lynch sitting in his chair looking at a monitor with his back towards us but we could see the monitor as he prepped the actors.

Now just before this we were told photographs were ok but they really didn’t want video of the scene being taken and certainly not posted. I actually was filming at that time so I captured that moment when they say that I then I turned the video off and switched back to still photography. I want to say as they were still prepping the scene or perhaps after the first take, being one of the taller fans there, I could see Kyle walk up to David and talk to him and then he looked up at the house, he almost seem to be rehearsing the scene a tiny bit.

Looking back at the photos I took, on a few of them during this scene, on David’s monitor wasn’t of the street scene at all. As Kyle is talking to David, you can clearly see that on David’s monitor is a camera shot of inside the house in what appears to be one of the upstairs window as you can make out a lamp in a corner, as well as the window and some of the curtain. I just thought it was odd that was appearing on his monitor, as generally the director is looking at what is being filmed while the actors perform their scene, or maybe playback the previous scene. Just looked strange that on this large monitor was something not having to do with the scene they were working on.

I was then thinking that perhaps during the scream scene they had something in the window that the fans didn’t notice, since our attention would be focused on the actors in the street or what we could see of them as the crew made a nice semi-wall blocking most of what was being filmed (keyword “most”) while they were actually filming. That is probably far-fetched about something being in the window at that time, it’s probably something that they will shoot later or add later via CGI, etc. I just thought I would share even though it’s probably nothing at all.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Overall, very little bad information reached this site and nothing that truly spoiled the experience.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

mtwentz wrote:Overall, very little bad information reached this site and nothing that truly spoiled the experience.
Definitely.

One other bit I remember being leaked: Cooper in the green jacket in Las Vegas. I remember thinking to myself "That's weird. Must be a quick dream sequence or something." :D
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

Oh man, I'd been waiting all season (and months before) to say this, but a friend of mine has a friend who worked on the show (no clue in what role, but something minor or stagehand-y) who said: "Cooper is living in Las Vegas with a wife and kid and goes by Dougie."

At the time I had just finished Secret History, and was convinced there was a connection to Dougie Milford. :)
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

frahm9 wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:I thiought this was interesting:
UnderTheSycamores: [Oct 07] Well I went over to the Palmer house and they are indeed in full shooting mode there today, all the cast, crew, and equipment trailers are lining a side street and I spotted a tent right in front of the house. Couldn’t get close as they had rent a cops posted at both ends. Thought it was worth an ask if I could walk through but was predictably told no. Got to walk past the cast/crew trailers on the way back and spotted ones labeled for Sarah, Richard [Beymer, Chamberlain, or character name?], and Hawk, and of course the Director, AD, and wardrobe ones as well.
Nice. Someone else spotted it:
@vicksvapor77: saw Director, Richard, “Hawk”, “Red” & Sarah’s names on trailers today but will hit that area again tomorrow or Friday
It seems like that Red scene in Pigeon Creek was cut.
I spoke with someone from Everett (would have to dig the email out) but they said the Pigeon Creek location got rained out so they had to film in warehouse a few blocks from there instead. It's the Richard and Red scene we have in the final product, just shot in a different location than originally planned.
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

vicksvapor77 wrote:I spoke with someone from Everett (would have to dig the email out) but they said the Pigeon Creek location got rained out so they had to film in warehouse a few blocks from there instead. It's the Richard and Red scene we have in the final product, just shot in a different location than originally planned.
Oh, that settles it then. Thanks for the insight.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.