The deceased dugpa spoiler thread's partial mirror

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: The deceased dugpa spoiler thread's partial mirror

Post by mtwentz »

asmahan wrote:Someone (maybe it was Arbo idr) knew that Knepper and Belushi were playing gangster brothers in Vegas. Someone also said that James was working at the Great Northern. I also remember people knew about Jacoby and Nadine talking in front of the store. I don't know HOW but someone it became common knowledge Amanda Seyfried's character's name was Becky, but I remember hearing of that before even going on Dugpa.
I think it was Arbogast who gave the James at the Great Northern information. I assume Becky (and Steven's) names became public since they shot those scenes in Washington.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Brad D wrote:Also, someone was completely full of it about an Irish gang.
Most of the other info in that leak was accurate tho' (Renzo's name).

A user here (presumably the same person who posted the rumor) posted an interview with the actor/extra who leaked that a few weeks ago: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3454&p=104193&hilit=Irish#p104193

It sounds like Italian is the guy's first language and the "Irish gangster" thing might have been a weird language barrier misunderstanding? Or maybe he and DKL worked out a private offscreen backstory that his background character was an Irish gangster who lost at arm wrestling to Renzo? Definitely weird, but I think it was an innocent misunderstanding.
Jo. Dunfer

Post by Jo. Dunfer »

frahm9 wrote:
dugpa wrote:Feel free to bring back any photos or on set stories worth bringing back.
Nice! It's only going as far as page 80 for me, however. Can anyone go further?

Does anyone remember someone posting a pic of the Convenience Store part by part?
I remember the convenience store photos. I also remember that someone posted pics of an outdoor/plaza shoot with a 'little person' (they were taken from a distance and a little hard to make out) - in retrospect, that must've been the Ike Vs. Dougie scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

IIRC Arbogast did not willingly release any of that information to the board at large. Not everybody was discreet.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

Jo. Dunfer wrote:I remember the convenience store photos. I also remember that someone posted pics of an outdoor/plaza shoot with a 'little person' (they were taken from a distance and a little hard to make out) - in retrospect, that must've been the Ike Vs. Dougie scene
LOL yes. Someone said The Arm would be filming that day. Everyone assumed it was the MJA recast.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

frahm9 wrote:
Jo. Dunfer wrote:I remember the convenience store photos. I also remember that someone posted pics of an outdoor/plaza shoot with a 'little person' (they were taken from a distance and a little hard to make out) - in retrospect, that must've been the Ike Vs. Dougie scene
LOL yes. Someone said The Arm would be filming that day. Everyone assumed it was the MJA recast.
I knew it was not. But IIRC MJA was supposed to film around then as well.

Should add I knew nothing about the Dougie plotline, though I knew Naomi was Coop's love interest in Vegas.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jo. Dunfer

Post by Jo. Dunfer »

N. Needleman wrote:
frahm9 wrote:
I knew it was not. But IIRC MJA was supposed to film around then as well.

Should add I knew nothing about the Dougie plotline, though I knew Naomi was Coop's love interest in Vegas.
The Evolution of the Arm was in that scene, so perhaps MJA 'was' supposed to have been there on that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

IIRC, people seemed to "guess" that Dern was Diane very early on, but I don't recall anyone in the "know" confirming this. Was this a case of stuff being shared in PMs and then blurted out (personally, I was happy just limiting myself to the tidbits Arbo, cowwithfivelegs &c. floated publicly)? Or was it just an accurate guess at something that I guess was sorta an obvious thing to do?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I think it was a good guess. I did get it confirmed later.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Yeah Dern as Diane and Cera as Lucy and Andy's kid were both just cases of too perfect not to be true.

I still wanna know who Peter Sarsgaard was going to play.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

frahm9 wrote:
dugpa wrote:Feel free to bring back any photos or on set stories worth bringing back.
Nice! It's only going as far as page 80 for me, however. Can anyone go further?

Does anyone remember someone posting a pic of the Convenience Store part by part?
There are multiple snapshots but no guarantee whether they crawled the entire thread or partial thread.

Here is another snapshot.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161022101 ... tart=12000
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

An assortment of BTS pics I had on my harddrive. Probably lots of duplicates here but I never had time to sort anything.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Awesome to read back! It works pretty well for me so far :D

Such a spoiler-horny bunch we were :lol:

Edit: Wow, Ashok!! You hero!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Re: Pre-release Leaks vs The Return

Post by Major Briggs »

BGate wrote:Nope, and I definitely wasn't referring to him. I'm trying to think of anything he was wrong about. He said Buenos Aires was canon. He said Naomi Watts had the second largest role after Kyle, which may not technically be true but she clearly had a major role.
The person who strongly hinted at surprise appearances was Mordeen. He also claimed there would be a clear connection with Mark's book, and we all know that turned out not happening at all.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Additional BTS pics.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday