Sabrina Sutherland Reddit AMA on Sun., Sep 10 @ 3PM PT

Discussion of Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
LonelySoul

Sabrina Sutherland Reddit AMA on Sun., Sep 10 @ 3PM PT

Postby LonelySoul » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:39 am

The Reddit crew is excited to share with you that Sabrina Sutherland will be doing a Reddit Ask Me Anything event next Sunday. Please see the link for details. We can't wait!

UPDATE:
We're live:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6zb65w/im_sabrina_sutherland_executive_producer_of_twin/
Last edited by LonelySoul on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
N. Needleman

Re: Sabrina Sutherland Reddit AMA on Sun., Sep 10 @ 3PM PT

Postby N. Needleman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:47 am

Hooooo boy.

(nice avatar, btw)
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
N. Needleman

Postby N. Needleman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:24 am

Hmmmm:

I had the opportunity to meet Sabrina at this year's Twin Peaks Fest and I can assure you that this will be a very interesting event. She is extremely knowledgeable and very willing to answer questions. However, I must tell to you that she has warned me that there are still things she can't answer, despite the series finishing. Make of that what you will.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Panapaok

Postby Panapaok » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:30 am

Nice, it should be an interesting AMA for sure.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
claaa7

Postby claaa7 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:44 am

nice!! i was very suprised to learn that S. Sutherland was a production coordinator on the original TP series as well
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:09 pm

claaa7 wrote:nice!! i was very suprised to learn that S. Sutherland was a production coordinator on the original TP series as well

I love that DKL works with the same crew on project after project, letting many work their way up the ranks. Southerland seems to have sort of become DKL's mouthpiece for TR, as he seems less happy doing interviews than ever. (The GQ interview was hysterically 90% a meta piece on the fact that DKL wouldn't answer anything.)
claaa7

Postby claaa7 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
claaa7 wrote:nice!! i was very suprised to learn that S. Sutherland was a production coordinator on the original TP series as well

I love that DKL works with the same crew on project after project, letting many work their way up the ranks. Southerland seems to have sort of become DKL's mouthpiece for TR, as he seems less happy doing interviews than ever. (The GQ interview was hysterically 90% a meta piece on the fact that DKL wouldn't answer anything.)

true, Cronenberg is the same as well.. it does a lot for the consistant world building. no film project is the work of one man alone
Saturn's child

Postby Saturn's child » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:02 am

N. Needleman wrote:Hmmmm:

I had the opportunity to meet Sabrina at this year's Twin Peaks Fest and I can assure you that this will be a very interesting event. She is extremely knowledgeable and very willing to answer questions. However, I must tell to you that she has warned me that there are still things she can't answer, despite the series finishing. Make of that what you will.

Hmmmm, indeed! Some secrets you take to the grave, I guess (or she just has no fucking idea, haha)
asmahan

Postby asmahan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Damn, I really want to ask about who voiced the Evolution of the Arm, but I'm worried I'm going to forget lol
Soolsma

Postby Soolsma » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:59 am

asmahan wrote:Damn, I really want to ask about who voiced the Evolution of the Arm, but I'm worried I'm going to forget lol

Great question. I've been wondering the same for a while. From past AMAs I remember /u/iswitt or Lonelysoul is pretty helpful with asking questions for other people. I might have to come up with some questions beforehand as well, since I won't be able to attend at given time.
I believe all these phenomena that our putted-up egos and busy ant minds persist in trying to label, categorize, penetrate, and comphrehend, all spring from this same uncanny source. This is the mother of all "others".
krishnanspace

Postby krishnanspace » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:03 am

I wanna ask her when is season 4 going to come out :D
Panapaok

Postby Panapaok » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:23 am

Hmm, I have many questions in mind for her but I'll try to focus and find questions that she will actually be able to answer.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
AgentEcho

Postby AgentEcho » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:37 am

I'm definitely going to try and get on there and ask her about how they did the young Laura scenes in 17 and 18. I hope someone drops that question to her.
N. Needleman

Postby N. Needleman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:35 am

Makeup, a wig and low lighting.
AgentEcho

Postby AgentEcho » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:34 am

Is that a guess or confirmation? If it's a guess it's a good one, but one of the Twin Peaks Unwrapped guys is going around saying Francesca Eastwood who played the Odessa waitress doubled as her, which I'm fairly certain is incorrect (a bad guess). I'd like to hear someone involved with the production confirm it.

I also think CGI may be a possibility, it's a technology that's being used more and more frequently for de-aging and Scorcese will use it extensively for "The Irishmen". I think some fleeting shots of young Laura may have been in their budget. Part 8 proved Lynch doesn't shy away from using cutting edge tech when needed.

Return to “Twin Peaks”