The deceased dugpa spoiler thread's partial mirror

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Re: The deceased dugpa spoiler thread's partial mirror

Post by Major Briggs »

N. Needleman wrote:To be honest, I always suspected someone just mistook Denise's rather grand office for a courtroom (or maybe it was filmed at a courthouse). I know I thought the rumor was true and that was a courtroom when I first saw the still of her.
But if I remember correctly, the board member had a friend who played an extra on a trial scene with Denise. Wasn't that the case?
keatonshat
Roadhouse Member

Post by keatonshat »

Does anyone think this could be producer of Gold Box and Entire Mystery blu ray producer Charles De Lazurika on set?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (166.27 KiB) Viewed 18117 times
50938461_ffn_koa_twinpeaks_exc_092715_51862610.jpg
50938461_ffn_koa_twinpeaks_exc_092715_51862610.jpg (772.9 KiB) Viewed 18117 times
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Maybe my memory fails me but didn't someone witness a scene where Hawk and Betty Briggs were walking towards the Roadhouse?
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

^there was a 'rumored' scene of hawk, Betty, and the log lady at a bar that was not the roudhouse, but I remember when it was posted it sounded like it was meant to be taken with a grain of salt, maybe that's what you are thinking of
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

dud wrote:^there was a 'rumored' scene of hawk, Betty, and the log lady at a bar that was not the roudhouse, but I remember when it was posted it sounded like it was meant to be taken with a grain of salt, maybe that's what you are thinking of
Hmm, that must be it, although I remember that it was supposed to happen at the Roadhouse. Not sure if this can be true, though, solely based on Margaret's role in the series and Catherine's health condition at the time they were filming.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Panapaok wrote:
dud wrote:^there was a 'rumored' scene of hawk, Betty, and the log lady at a bar that was not the roudhouse, but I remember when it was posted it sounded like it was meant to be taken with a grain of salt, maybe that's what you are thinking of
Hmm, that must be it, although I remember that it was supposed to happen at the Roadhouse. Not sure if this can be true, though, solely based on Margaret's role in the series and Catherine's health condition at the time they were filming.
Funny you should mention that. I thought there was a scene with Sarah and Jacoby, possibly at a bar?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Yes, Charles De Lazurika was on set. That's him.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

what was the script page in The Art Life revealing? i couldn't read the small text so i just kept it rolling
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

claaa7 wrote:what was the script page in The Art Life revealing? i couldn't read the small text so i just kept it rolling
Don't remember the exact words but it was Gordon's Monica Belluci dream.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

mtwentz wrote:
claaa7 wrote:what was the script page in The Art Life revealing? i couldn't read the small text so i just kept it rolling
hah crazy.. thanks for the info
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

claaa7 wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
The context was a little different -- it said something about a bowling alley, crossing to a bar, and then something about "her TV." It then says we enter the film and the film becomes the reality...and then Gordon's dream plays out pretty much the same as in the show. (Sorry this is vague, the rest of it is too out of focus to read.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
mtwentz wrote: Don't remember the exact words but it was Gordon's Monica Belluci dream.
The context was a little different -- it said something about a bowling alley, crossing to a bar, and then something about "her TV." It then says we enter the film and the film becomes the reality...and then Gordon's dream plays out pretty much the same as in the show. (Sorry this is vague, the rest of it is too out of focus to read.
Very interesting but curious as to why Lynch wanted to show that specifically. If i remember right it was placed and filmed in such a way as to make sure we would take notice.

Wasn t The Art Life a beautiful film btw? There were so much insight into who DL is as a human being and as an artist. Much better than Lynch 1 imo.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Well, Lynch didn't direct the movie. There's no way he wanted that info out there before The Return aired.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

BGate wrote:Well, Lynch didn't direct the movie. There's no way he wanted that info out there before The Return aired.
I disagree. Did you see the movie? DKL makes a little wire sculpture and then very deliberately sets it directly on top of the notepad for the camera to do a close-up. He was in the frame, he chose the spot he put the thing down. He knew exactly what he was doing.

It does strike me as relevant to the speculation that security was uncharacteristically lax on the night they shot the final scene at the Palmer house (IIRC, DKL himself was even waving to fans...and maybe even chatting? Trying to remember the posts. That seems a lifetime ago). It's almost as if DKL decided to "leak" two of the more significant/telling scenes of the show because they really mean very little out of context anyway. One of my favorite reviews said TR is unspoilable -- even seeing the show itself can't spoil you.
claaa7 wrote:Wasn't The Art Life a beautiful film btw? There were so much insight into who DL is as a human being and as an artist. Much better than Lynch 1 imo.
I do have a soft spot for Lynch 1 because INLAND EMPIRE is one of my favorite films, and it's such a unique opportunity to see raw footage of DKL on set directing (as opposed to brief glimpses in an EPK). But the choppy editing makes it a pretty challenging watch. The Art Life certainly does a better job of summing up the man and the artist, as you say. I saw it months ago and still smile thinking of little anecdotes like DKL at the Dylan concert, or the scenes of him playing with Lula. You really do get the sense that he doesn't get out much when he's not working, tho'.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
BGate wrote:Well, Lynch didn't direct the movie. There's no way he wanted that info out there before The Return aired.
I disagree. Did you see the movie? DKL makes a little wire sculpture and then very deliberately sets it directly on top of the notepad for the camera to do a close-up. He was in the frame, he chose the spot he put the thing down. He knew exactly what he was doing.

It does strike me as relevant to the speculation that security was uncharacteristically lax on the night they shot the final scene at the Palmer house (IIRC, DKL himself was even waving to fans...and maybe even chatting? Trying to remember the posts. That seems a lifetime ago). It's almost as if DKL decided to "leak" two of the more significant/telling scenes of the show because they really mean very little out of context anyway. One of my favorite reviews said TR is unspoilable -- even seeing the show itself can't spoil you.
yes, i can't imagine that shot would have made it in the final cut if DL didn't want it there.. the producers/director of The Art Life has worked with Lynch for many years by now and built up a solid relationship. i'm sure if there was any footage DL absolutely didn't want them to use they wouldn't have used it.
I do have a soft spot for Lynch 1 because INLAND EMPIRE is one of my favorite films, and it's such a unique opportunity to see raw footage of DKL on set directing (as opposed to brief glimpses in an EPK). But the choppy editing makes it a pretty challenging watch. The Art Life certainly does a better job of summing up the man and the artist, as you say. I saw it months ago and still smile thinking of little anecdotes like DKL at the Dylan concert, or the scenes of him playing with Lula. You really do get the sense that he doesn't get out much when he's not working, tho'.
yes, i don't dislike Lynch 1, i thought it was a pretty cool film and i'm glad to have it on DVD (as a bonus on Eraserhead) but The Art Life felt like a real film whereas Lynch 1 felt more like bonus content.. i've been wanting to see Lynch 2 for a long time though, it doesn't seem to be available on DVD in Region 2/Europe. from what i've seen it seems to feature perhaps even more on set footage of Inland Empire (which i'm also a big fan of and highly recommend the Blu Ray release if you haven't got it)