The deceased dugpa spoiler thread's partial mirror

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Re: The deceased dugpa spoiler thread's partial mirror

Post by frahm9 »

The Art Life script page or the Everett scene weren't that harmful after all, as far as I observed on Reddit.

We allowed the script on Reddit, and yet it never as widely known as the Game of Thrones leaks. The Everett scene did come up often, but we deleted every spoilery information about it, so few people knew it even happened.

The most damage, paradoxically, was done by the TV providers. Stuff like early episode releases or spoilery synopsis were obviously juicier than anything Arbogast ever revealed. Sky Atlantic was a mess.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Not to get bogged down in this but, Lynch approving the shot (which is an assumption I don't agree with. Its not his film, he agreed to give them access knowing what that entails) doesnt mean he knew they would screen cap it and post it on Facebook before The Return aired.
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

Interesting bit from a interview the doc's producer gave:
There was a slight freak-out when someone took a frame from the film featuring a page of notes for Twin Peaks’ third season, as people tired to pick up what they could. Did that specific subject ever come up? Was there just a huge level of secrecy?

I never wanted to read what he wrote down, because I didn’t want to spoil anything, and I think it’s unfortunate that it leaked out there. We tried to put a lid on that, but hopefully… I guess it didn’t… I mean, I don’t even want to talk about it now, because it might draw people towards it. But, yeah, he was writing a lot during that phase, and as soon as I saw the word “Cooper” on the page, I was just like, “I don’t want to spoil it for myself.” Which is strange, because other people were drawn towards it and I was like, “Oh, I don’t want to see that!” [Laughs]

Did you watch him write? Or is that a secluded process?

Yeah. The cameras were rolling during that time.
https://thefilmstage.com/features/thous ... heir-work/
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Some additional BTS pics that are new to me. Posted on Instagram by Cori Glazer, Sabrina Sutherland, and lynnyuinsh.

Image Image Image Image
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
keatonshat
Roadhouse Member

Post by keatonshat »

Ashok wrote:Some additional BTS pics that are new to me. Posted on Instagram by Cori Glazer, Sabrina Sutherland, and lynnyuinsh.

Image Image Image Image
Peter Deming posted some BTS stuff recently on the American Society of Cinematographers instagram account

https://www.instagram.com/the_asc/?hl=en
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Just rewatched Part 5. Something weird to me: how did Arbo know Buenos Aires was canon? All we got of Buenos Aires was an establishing shot (presumably stock footage like the Vegas and NYC establishing shots) and an interior of a warehouse-type place that could have taken place anywhere without context! I obviously don't want to get into who his sources were, but I wonder if there was initially more to Bunos Aires?
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

keatonshat wrote:Peter Deming posted some BTS stuff recently on the American Society of Cinematographers instagram account
https://www.instagram.com/the_asc/?hl=en
Oh cool, thanks for the info! Here are all the new ASC BTS pics from the Instagram account.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Wonderful! I always loved the BTS aspect of the movies and shows I like. I hope we get as much BTS footage as possible in the Blu-ray.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

Oh wow, love these!
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Just rewatched Part 5. Something weird to me: how did Arbo know Buenos Aires was canon? All we got of Buenos Aires was an establishing shot (presumably stock footage like the Vegas and NYC establishing shots) and an interior of a warehouse-type place that could have taken place anywhere without context! I obviously don't want to get into who his sources were, but I wonder if there was initially more to Bunos Aires?
I guess that the fact those were set in Buenos Aires could easily be written in some schedule. Someone had to acquire he stock footage, for example. He even knew which characters were filming when, so it doesn't seem out of his range.

But... there was a tweet by ForLocations stating they were filming in a place called Langham Apartments. People speculated it was Buenos Aires, by the looks. I don't know what it ended up standing for, or if it's in the season at all.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Just rewatched Part 5. Something weird to me: how did Arbo know Buenos Aires was canon? All we got of Buenos Aires was an establishing shot (presumably stock footage like the Vegas and NYC establishing shots) and an interior of a warehouse-type place that could have taken place anywhere without context! I obviously don't want to get into who his sources were, but I wonder if there was initially more to Bunos Aires?
i don't think the NYC establishing shots are stock footage.. to me they look like they might be artificially generated, and i'm not saying that in any negative meaning as they look pretty fantastic. especially the establishing shot of the building in question is for sure computer generated.

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

They even used stock photos!
Attachments
DC9NlIbXYAE9lLW.jpg
DC9NlIbXYAE9lLW.jpg (102.96 KiB) Viewed 19213 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

claaa7 wrote:i don't think the NYC establishing shots are stock footage.. to me they look like they might be artificially generated, and i'm not saying that in any negative meaning as they look pretty fantastic. especially the establishing shot of the building in question is for sure computer generated.

I thought the same thing...I'm a native New Yorker and have never seen the City look like that. I thought for sure it was a gorgeous, artificially-generated/sweetened Lynchian candyland version. But a Twitter user found the footage on Getty Images: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3767#p104091
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Jerry Horne wrote:They even used stock photos!
So apparently the woman who was shopped out and replaced by Mr. C isn't a 'girl from Ipanema' ( :P ), it was Al Capone's grandniece (Deirdre Marie Capone), and this property was Capone's family retreat, bought in 1928. The same source claims he died there.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

A couple new BTS pics from Debbie Zoller.

Image Image
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

claaa7 wrote:
i don't think the NYC establishing shots are stock footage.. to me they look like they might be artificially generated, and i'm not saying that in any negative meaning as they look pretty fantastic. especially the establishing shot of the building in question is for sure computer generated.

I absolutely adore the zoom shot. It looks like miniature photography from a 50s sci-fi movie.