Music From The New Series

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4116
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby Jerry Horne » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:22 pm

Japanese Mp3 comp: Twin Peaks: The Return - Soundtrack highlights

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Twin-Peaks-Ret ... Twin+Peaks
Attachments
51W1yIO9RDL._SS500.jpg
51W1yIO9RDL._SS500.jpg (54.65 KiB) Viewed 826 times
claaa7
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby claaa7 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:53 pm

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
dunkrag wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Somebody messed-up big time, they put the WRONG RECORDING ENTIRELY on the disc. It's the one by Herbert Kegel.



Looks like we need to start sending some emails.


I suspect it's a rights thing and maybe they couldn't get the version they licensed for the show..


If it's a rights issue they credited the correct rendition and gave us a different one. I'm thinking it was less heinous than that and a genuine muck-up. Last I checked a lot of these Penderecki recordings are in the public domain or super cheap. Movies have been using them for years.


that's what i'm thinking, really doubt it was a rights issue.. well at least the composition is there and i really like the interpretation but it sure takes away a bit from the soundtrack.
claaa7
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby claaa7 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:55 pm

has anyone ordered from Italians Do It Better (at bigcartel.com)?

i can't find Johnny Jewel's "Windswept" CD in any of my usual stores here in Sweden and i would love to have that album, both to complete my Twin Peaks music collection but also just as an album on its own. if anyone got some recommendations on where to go with Jewel / Chromatics from there please let me know!
User avatar
bowisneski
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:51 am

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby bowisneski » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:43 am

claaa7 wrote:has anyone ordered from Italians Do It Better (at bigcartel.com)?

i can't find Johnny Jewel's "Windswept" CD in any of my usual stores here in Sweden and i would love to have that album, both to complete my Twin Peaks music collection but also just as an album on its own. if anyone got some recommendations on where to go with Jewel / Chromatics from there please let me know!


I can't speak for foreign shipping, but I ordered the Windswept vinyl on Friday and I've already got shipping confirmation and a tracking number. So, if they ship internationally, I'd say their bigcartel shop is the way to go.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby Ross » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:29 am

I'm a bit confused on the Threnody mix up. Is the correct version actually credited? Meaning the Witold Rowicki version is what was used on the show, but that is not the version heard on the CD? Even though it says its that version? Do I have that correct?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
SpookyDollhouse
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby SpookyDollhouse » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:30 am

Ross wrote:I'm a bit confused on the Threnody mix up. Is the correct version actually credited? Meaning the Witold Rowicki version is what was used on the show, but that is not the version heard on the CD? Even though it says its that version? Do I have that correct?


The correct version from the show is credited, but the wrong version was used. I can't speak for the CD but the US vinyl is definitely like this.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby Ross » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:14 pm

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Ross wrote:I'm a bit confused on the Threnody mix up. Is the correct version actually credited? Meaning the Witold Rowicki version is what was used on the show, but that is not the version heard on the CD? Even though it says its that version? Do I have that correct?


The correct version from the show is credited, but the wrong version was used. I can't speak for the CD but the US vinyl is definitely like this.

Ahhh. OK. So the show used the "Witold Rowicki" version. And the CD SAYS its the "Witold Rowicki" version, but isn't.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
SpookyDollhouse
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby SpookyDollhouse » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:28 pm

Ross wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Ross wrote:I'm a bit confused on the Threnody mix up. Is the correct version actually credited? Meaning the Witold Rowicki version is what was used on the show, but that is not the version heard on the CD? Even though it says its that version? Do I have that correct?


The correct version from the show is credited, but the wrong version was used. I can't speak for the CD but the US vinyl is definitely like this.

Ahhh. OK. So the show used the "Witold Rowicki" version. And the CD SAYS its the "Witold Rowicki" version, but isn't.


Well, looks like both the vinyl and CD were affected! I shot Rhino an email over the weekend. Waiting to see if they'll have anything to say about it.
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4116
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby Jerry Horne » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:03 pm

Received my Barnes & Noble exclusive vinyl w/ signed Badalamenti print. I get so nervous when vinyl is shipped in the post but these were mint. Gonna wait for the right time to open and file away the print.
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4116
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby Jerry Horne » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:03 am

Italians Do It Better just said that the U.S. red vinyl pressings are defective. Anyone have one and play it all the way through? I notice my green vinyl from Bull Moose is packaged and ready to ship but not the red wax. I wonder if they are waiting on a second press?

My Euro colored wax editions are in transit from Transmission.
claaa7
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby claaa7 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:10 am

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Ross wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
The correct version from the show is credited, but the wrong version was used. I can't speak for the CD but the US vinyl is definitely like this.

Ahhh. OK. So the show used the "Witold Rowicki" version. And the CD SAYS its the "Witold Rowicki" version, but isn't.


Well, looks like both the vinyl and CD were affected! I shot Rhino an email over the weekend. Waiting to see if they'll have anything to say about it.


yes CD is the same.. damn!

i shot Rhino an e-mail as well. i'm thinking it's a good thing anybody who is bothered by this contact them so that hopefully they will fix this on later pressings.
DSchoonover
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby DSchoonover » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:Italians Do It Better just said that the U.S. red vinyl pressings are defective. Anyone have one and play it all the way through? I notice my green vinyl from Bull Moose is packaged and ready to ship but not the red wax. I wonder if they are waiting on a second press?

My Euro colored wax editions are in transit from Transmission.


I ended up getting both the US colored releases and the black also. My red ‘Music from...’ sounded okay to me. I’m quite picky too... Will have to give it another close listen.

I got my cherry red ‘Windswept’ in the mail today. Sounds fantastic. They always throw in such amazing freebies too!
User avatar
SpookyDollhouse
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby SpookyDollhouse » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:36 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:Italians Do It Better just said that the U.S. red vinyl pressings are defective. Anyone have one and play it all the way through? I notice my green vinyl from Bull Moose is packaged and ready to ship but not the red wax. I wonder if they are waiting on a second press?

My Euro colored wax editions are in transit from Transmission.


Did they elaborate on what the defect is?
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4116
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby Jerry Horne » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:06 pm

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Italians Do It Better just said that the U.S. red vinyl pressings are defective. Anyone have one and play it all the way through? I notice my green vinyl from Bull Moose is packaged and ready to ship but not the red wax. I wonder if they are waiting on a second press?

My Euro colored wax editions are in transit from Transmission.


Did they elaborate on what the defect is?


Nope.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 6.05.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 6.05.54 PM.png (361.39 KiB) Viewed 611 times
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4116
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Music From The New Series

Postby Jerry Horne » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:21 pm

Green vinyl arrived from Bull Moose. They threw in a numbered print which is nice.

Return to “Twin Peaks Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests