Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Xavi
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Post by Xavi »

Venus wrote:
Xavi wrote:"Thank you, Mr David. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

This Twin Peaks The Return was beyond incredible. I for one loved how the hero Dale Cooper turned into a vegetable for about 16 long lasting hours and especially its climax when he literally showed how to connect the dots to all these die hard fans all over the world.

At the very end not only did the hero die, no he did not even exist at all. His name was Richard.

I am sure that I will watch and re-watch this Twin Peaks The Return over and over again for the rest of my days and I will write about its superbness forever more.

"Thank you, Mr David. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

[not one millimeter of irony intended, just saying]
It's always nice to know we are in such mature company on here, irony or not. Life has opposites. It has people who like things and people who don't. I don't necessarily agree with everything on here that has been said against the show or the way it has been said but I also don't agree with what has been said pretty much, positively about the show though have greatly enjoyed reading posts in this thread by fans like Mr Reindeer who is always incredibly respectful to all, which is appreciated. I am though mature enough to say that the last two episodes did intrigue me and I only wish the rest of the the 16 episodes had been more like it. If you are going to post in this thread Xavi a modicum of balance and maturity would be appreciated, unless you are 13 years of age then in which case, you have a few more years to go before reaching the intellectual brevity required for the majority of this thread.
Please read the rules.

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Xavi wrote:
Venus wrote:
Xavi wrote:"Thank you, Mr David. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

This Twin Peaks The Return was beyond incredible. I for one loved how the hero Dale Cooper turned into a vegetable for about 16 long lasting hours and especially its climax when he literally showed how to connect the dots to all these die hard fans all over the world.

At the very end not only did the hero die, no he did not even exist at all. His name was Richard.

I am sure that I will watch and re-watch this Twin Peaks The Return over and over again for the rest of my days and I will write about its superbness forever more.

"Thank you, Mr David. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

[not one millimeter of irony intended, just saying]
It's always nice to know we are in such mature company on here, irony or not. Life has opposites. It has people who like things and people who don't. I don't necessarily agree with everything on here that has been said against the show or the way it has been said but I also don't agree with what has been said pretty much, positively about the show though have greatly enjoyed reading posts in this thread by fans like Mr Reindeer who is always incredibly respectful to all, which is appreciated. I am though mature enough to say that the last two episodes did intrigue me and I only wish the rest of the the 16 episodes had been more like it. If you are going to post in this thread Xavi a modicum of balance and maturity would be appreciated, unless you are 13 years of age then in which case, you have a few more years to go before reaching the intellectual brevity required for the majority of this thread.
Please read the rules.

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Yes Xavi you are completely correct with that red quote from the forum rules so I suggest you abide by them and think before you decide to post on this thread and deliberately antagonise others on purpose with inflammatory posts.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

Venus wrote:Yes Xavi you are completely correct with that red quote from the forum rules so I suggest you abide by them and think before you decide to post on this thread and deliberately antagonise others on purpose with inflammatory posts.
I'm very sorry for having interrupted this wonderful thread, where disappointed "fans" can freely express their, well for the lack of a better word, frustration.

This is good bye from a Pinocchio friend.

PS. Enjoy analysing part 17 and 18, but don't forget that Lucy already spilled the beans a long long time ago.
Twin Peaks Podcast
Roadhouse Member

Post by Twin Peaks Podcast »

Xavi wrote:
Venus wrote:I'm very sorry for having interrupted this wonderful thread, where disappointed "fans" can freely express their, well for the lack of a better word, frustration.
This is seriously the most aggravating thing people can say to another person.

Most everyone on here was a fan of the original show. This show is not like the original show. Lynch and Frost pulled a fast one and changed what Twin Peaks is. We were bamboozled. That doesn't make us not fans.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

22119363_1663515793709019_1625094873_n.jpg
22119363_1663515793709019_1625094873_n.jpg (46.37 KiB) Viewed 10671 times
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:22119363_1663515793709019_1625094873_n.jpg
I literally cannot stop LOL-ing! Thanks for the laughs, man!
depechehenke

Post by depechehenke »

I finally feel that I need to let go of Twin Peaks. This group has been amazing to participate in when trying to
come to terms to what season 3 turned into. Thank you all for that! Sorry to say that I no longer is comfortable calling me a TP-fan as I cannot
be associated with the atrocity that is season 3. Just let me say that when these frail shadows we inhabit now have quit the stage we'll meet and raise a glass again together in Valhalla!
Signing off.
SpookySculder
Roadhouse Member

Post by SpookySculder »

I'm so saddened that some of us feel the need to part with Twin Peaks completely because of our disappointment with TPTR. One good thing about Season 3 for me was that it was such a completely different show that I don't see it as a continuation at all. I can just forget about it. I mean I literally CANNOT connect the two in my mind. And like some others here, I pretty much already forgot about TPTR. A footnote in my life that has come and gone. The original and FWWM still hold a very special place in my heart. It's still a place I can always return to.
Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Post by Troubbble »

Laughed out loud at the idea of the 'profoundly disappointed' reuniting again in Valhalla.
Poiuyt
Roadhouse Member

Post by Poiuyt »

i'm at the point where i'm able to call myself a twin peaks fan while disregarding season 3 completely. i really sympathize with everyone who's been negatively affected by its meta-cruelty, but i also want to try and respect the genuine fans for whom it's a meisterwerk. i think it's possible for both to coexist peacefully. :D
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

SpookySculder wrote:I'm so saddened that some of us feel the need to part with Twin Peaks completely because of our disappointment with TPTR. One good thing about Season 3 for me was that it was such a completely different show that I don't see it as a continuation at all. I can just forget about it. I mean I literally CANNOT connect the two in my mind. And like some others here, I pretty much already forgot about TPTR. A footnote in my life that has come and gone. The original and FWWM still hold a very special place in my heart. It's still a place I can always return to.
Yeah. It's been a couple of weeks now, I've been busy helping my girlfriend – with whom I got together during TPTR's run – move home and I'm in a very different headspace from the one I was in when the show started. Don't get me wrong, I still think the new show's a load of crap, but it doesn't make me angry or anything. I cancelled my Now TV subscription a few days ago and used the freed up money to go back to Spotify, so after October 2, the whole thing will seem like a strange dream I've woken up from, shrugged over and basically forgotten about.

I'll always love the proper Twin Peaks TV show and the film (yes, 'proper' – so let some talifan shoot me! ;)) The 16 weeks of mostly lazy, amateurish nonsense that was TPTR is something I care about less and less every day. I'm actually looking forward to a day soon where I can go back to speculating and discussing aspects of the real show and film and simply ignore everything in TPTR.

Life moves on. Twin Peaks was a TV/film obsession that lurked in my life from my teens through to the beginning of middle age. TPTR has removed that tie for me. I still like the proper show and movie, but I no longer care about it that much. Now it's just another old show I liked and I've accepted there have been continuations/follow-ups I choose to ignore. I feel the same about the unsurpassable original Star Trek series and the original Doctor Who.

And I'm happier for it...

... the only sadness is that David Lynch no longer commands my respect. That's been the toughest pill to swallow.
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

question for profoundly disappointed support group,

i enjoyed season three quite a lot (not without my own mixed feelings), but i'm curious:

anybody here who hated parts 1-17.5 but loved the final 90 min? seeing as the last 90 min was so different from what preceded it and that the whole bob-orb sequence felt like an ending to all that we had seen thus far at that point

i feel like 1 - 17 1/2 was 'season 3' and the rest was like a 'sequel' movie to season 3 strictly in the sense that FWWM could be considered a 'sequel' to twin peaks seasons 1 & 2
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

dud wrote:question for profoundly disappointed support group,

i enjoyed season three quite a lot (not without my own mixed feelings), but i'm curious:

anybody here who hated parts 1-17.5 but loved the final 90 min? seeing as the last 90 min was so different from what preceded it and that the whole bob-orb sequence felt like an ending to all that we had seen thus far at that point

i feel like 1 - 17 1/2 was 'season 3' and the rest was like a 'sequel' movie to season 3 strictly in the sense that FWWM could be considered a 'sequel' to twin peaks seasons 1 & 2
I had my reservations about parts of the story and while the last 90 minutes took an unexpected, but beautiful turn, the more i think about it the more consistsnt with the rest of the show. This became more obvious when rewatching the series in a few days. With all the We live inside a dream occurences, the constant question of is it future or is it past and of course all the cryptic clues from The Giant and Gerard thats been embeded in his subconscious

Thats my reading on why Cooper immrfidý drawn to TP. HIs doppel on the loose, Diane suzoichhhhu
Aqwell
RR Diner Member

Post by Aqwell »

dud wrote:anybody here who hated parts 1-17.5 but loved the final 90 min? seeing as the last 90 min was so different from what preceded it and that the whole bob-orb sequence felt like an ending to all that we had seen thus far at that point
It was indeed something else than a fist fight against the BOB flying ball, but it didn't make much sense either. So Coop and real Diane crossed over an interdimensional portal. How did Coop guessed "430" was a distance leading to portal on that precise highway? Lodge thing, electricity, don't bother... They ended up having a sad fuck in a cheap motel room, like Fred and Renee from Lost Highway (love is for the youth, grown-ups are bored). But oddly, even if they have already entered another reality, things began to change only the morning after (different motel, car), because of course "it was all a dream", silly us. Diane now Linda is gone and left a note to Richard which is Coop even if he still remembers his old/dream self. Then the ultimate evil "JUDY" is now a restaurant where works Laura Palmer's double and Richard/Coop wants nothing more than bring her back to her beloved home from another dimension/dream. Of course she jumps at the opportunity because of the stinky corpse rotting in her living room (which don't seem to bother our FBI agent by the way). After a very long and silent night drive sequence: 6 minutes of basically nothing, just before the final scene of a show miscalled Twin Peaks, Laura finally returns, doing what she does best... screaming. Like Audrey Horne reduced to her 'famous' dance gimmick. Flashes of electricity, THE END.

And now we have the most pretentious and worst tv show ever made, an obvious 18 hours piece of crap so bad that most of the fans loved it.
Thank you Mr Lynch, for nothing. And above all, thank you people who praised it.