Poll: Would you like to see a 4th season happen? (SPOILERS PERMITTED)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Would you like to see a 4th season happen?

Yes
65%
No
17%
Unsure
18%

Total votes: 264
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Re: Poll: Would you like to see a 4th season happen? (SPOILERS PERMITTED)

Post by Novalis »

I think it's fine to end where it does, but I gotta admit, during latest rewatching of S3 I'm warming to the idea of a S4.

Now Tammy has been groomed in the absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence, she can lead an investigation into the disappearance of former agents. She can start with Cooper, if necessary, but I want me some Chet Desmond.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Only if it's of a piece, and follows the plot threads of The Return sparingly. I would not want to hear more second-hand details of Major Briggs' inter-dimensional exploits, or protracted exposition. Any further seasons have to feel like they're their own thing, not just a simple continuation.

I would like to see a season where Cooper was helping, or guiding, Carrie though some kind of 'Laura epiphany'. They could try and make it back from between worlds in all kinds of vignettes and ideas, while Carrie's coming to terms with Laura. Who knows, they could somehow meet Audrey in their abstract journeying? I would like more focus on Cooper and Carrie as central protagonists, and less peripheral characters and plotlines. It's strange, I felt the Laura story had no mileage left, and in some respects it doesn't, but seeing it through Carrie's eyes is a very disorienting, different experience.
EddyEdson

Post by EddyEdson »

I'd probably prefer a prequel to a sequel - for example, there was so much happening in Buckhorn before S3E1 that I just can't get a handle on & I'd leap at anything which offered a faint prospect of illumination. And a bunch of other stuff: Mr C and "Jeffries"; Cole, Cooper & Briggs; How Dougie met Janey-E etc etc etc. You can imagine something by way of a prequel which didn't have additional probs with actors with who have passed away or retired.

But really I prefer the idea of a new Lynch non-TP project.
firefly2193
Roadhouse Member

Post by firefly2193 »

If Lynch has a compelling story to tell, yes. I really imagine Lynch has learned a lot from having to film and then edit and 18 hours piece of work, and if given another go it would be a much improved work. If he has both story ideas and visual ideas, yes please.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I think I'd be curious to see a S4 written by Lynch and Engels. No Frost. Maybe the reason The Return didn't work was the incongruity in their working relationship. Or maybe it would be just as bad as S3. I'll be watching either way!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

JERRY WHAT THE HELL!!!

Are you stoned in the woods, just teasing for the fun of it or dangling information over our heads?

If the latter, spill that garmonbozia already!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Sorry :) Today is the third anniversary of Lynch/Frost putting out that Tweet.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

I have no desire to watch another season after the disappointment and debacle of this one. However, if there are people who are dreaming, hoping, longing for season 4, I hope your dreams are fulfilled.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Jerry Horne wrote:Sorry :) Today is the third anniversary of Lynch/Frost putting out that Tweet.
:D Thanks for the heart attack.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Snailhead wrote:I think I'd be curious to see a S4 written by Lynch and Engels. No Frost. Maybe the reason The Return didn't work was the incongruity in their working relationship. Or maybe it would be just as bad as S3. I'll be watching either way!
I would also like to see this. Engels writing was some of my favourite during the original. And FWWM.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mr. Jackpots wrote:
Snailhead wrote:I think I'd be curious to see a S4 written by Lynch and Engels. No Frost. Maybe the reason The Return didn't work was the incongruity in their working relationship. Or maybe it would be just as bad as S3. I'll be watching either way!
I would also like to see this. Engels writing was some of my favourite during the original. And FWWM.
It’s tough to tell what exactly Engels wrote, besides Episodes 4 and 10, because everything else with his name on it is a joint venture. And he seems to talk more in interviews about the general TP writing process than his specific contributions.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Mr. Jackpots wrote:
It’s tough to tell what exactly Engels wrote, besides Episodes 4 and 10, because everything else with his name on it is a joint venture. And he seems to talk more in interviews about the general TP writing process than his specific contributions.
I always got the sense Engels contributed a lot to the mythology-science-fiction stuff. Considering the episodes he worked on and his work history in the genre.

Side note: I really enjoyed season 1 of the show Channel Zero which i believe he's a producer.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mr. Jackpots wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Mr. Jackpots wrote:
I always got the sense Engels contributed a lot to the mythology-science-fiction stuff. Considering the episodes he worked on and his work history in the genre.

Side note: I really enjoyed season 1 of the show Channel Zero which i believe he's a producer.
Harley Peyton works on Channel Zero, not Engels! I have’t seen it, but it’s on my list. I definitely get the sense that Peyton was responsible for a lot of the “mythology science fiction stuff” along with Frost, and the common narrative from most cast/crew seems be that Peyton took on the thankless job of running the show in mid-to-late season 2, for good or ill (despite some pretty dodgy choices with Nadine, Lana &c., I do believe Peyton did some incredible work on the mythology/Lodge end of things while L/F were being deadbeat dads — and I also feel comfortable saying that he writes Albert WAY better than either Frost or Lynch). I’m sure Engels contributed a lot as well during that period as Peyton’s second in command, and of course FWWM is brilliant, but it’s really tough to pin down what exactly Bob can take ownership of.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

i would love to see a new season happening, but as mentioned before the enemy here is time.. there's already many important characters who passed away but i guess as long as Kyle and Sheryl Lee is game it's possible. the biggest indicator that we might get a Season 4 is that they changed the name of The Return to Season 3 in time for the home market release.

just like i wouldn't want a TP without David Lynch i wouldn't like Lynch to continue without Frost either.. i could see them doing more of a traditional season with them overseeing, co-writing and co-directing the series but they both need to be the main guys involved. even FWWM (where Frost was still an executive) was based on everything that Frost and Lynch had built up before so in a way he really was involved in telling that story too (something that is further evidenced by the mentions of Deer Meadow and Sherrif Cable in Scott Frost's book).