What were the most impactful scenes of TP:TR?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rhiannon

Re: What were the most impactful scenes of TP:TR?

Post by Rhiannon »

The Convenience store scenes, how it was created, the inhabitants, the stairs, the darkness/evil of it all....absolutely top notch by Lynch.
The Archivist
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Archivist »

I loved the Big Ed - Norma scene with Otis Redding in the background. The music, the acting, the rythm, photography, the trees... I know it might look cheesy but it is so powerfully shot and executed that it stuck with me. Also, it offers resolution in a show that seldom has given us any, at least not to this extent.

There's plenty of powerful moments but this I remember with a smile.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Can't believe no one has mentioned Margaret's death. I teared up three times during the season, twice were to do with Margaret, but I full-on wept during her last sequence. The only other time in TP history I can remember crying was the end of Episode 14.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Can't believe no one has mentioned Margaret's death. I teared up three times during the season, twice were to do with Margaret, but I full-on wept during her last sequence. The only other time in TP history I can remember crying was the end of Episode 14.
yes, that entire last scene with Margaret and the light going out in her cabin was certainly one of the strongest moments of the entire run of Twin Peaks. what a gift that she had the strength to do that. the treatment of Margaret and especially that final scene should be ample evidence to dismiss all claims of the series being incredibly "mean spirited"
Firewalkwithme91
Roadhouse Member

Post by Firewalkwithme91 »

Agreed on the Log Lady´s death. It was just expertly paced, giving you enough room to grieve for her before the story continues. The Farewell theme is so incredibly sad, it always rips my heart out.
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

mtsi wrote:Second favorite would be the entire "this is the chair" sequence. It was so 1990 and made me feel good inside, especially with Bobby's bittersweet smile.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
This might have been the worst scene of the entire run for me. I really didn't like the bonding of Bobby with his dead father. And I didn't like that Garland was no longer just an interesting man, but some kind of God/superhero/cosmic schemer thinking 25 years in the future.
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

For me the 5 seconds that Audrey wakes up are the most powerful of the entire series.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

There are so many impactful scenes but yeah Log Lady's death is so very powerful, not only as a scene of a TV series but also based on the real-life circumstances.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

You guys mention a lot of scenes that I seriously didn't like :wink:

To each their own!

For the moment, without any rewatches, I would pick the "purple room" as the best sequence (longer part) and Dougie's dinner with the Mitchums as the best single scene.
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
oxyboldine
Roadhouse Member

Post by oxyboldine »

If I had to chose one scene only: the accident in Part 6. That scene created too much deep feelings inside of me. I never had such an experience before. Well, later, Cooper "saving" Laura in 1989 in Part 17 was also... "big"!

But, if I can make a list:

- The Glass Box murder (Part 1)
- Purple room (Part 3)
- The accident (Part 6)
- 1945 nuclear explosion (Part 8)
- Shelly jumping on Becky's car (Part 11)
- Gordon seeing the vortex (Part 11)
- Cooper listening to the piano (Part 11)
- Monica Belluci dream (Part 14)
- Andy and the Giant (Part 14)
- Mister C. going into the Convenience Store (Part 15)
- Cooper seeing Sunset Blvd (Part 15)
- Lucy crying when she learns that Margaret died (Part 15)
- Richard death (Part 16)
- "I am the FBI" (Part 16)
- Mister C. enters the Sheriff Station (Part 17)
- The One-Armed-Man saying the Fire walk with me poem again (Part 17)
- Cooper saving Laura (Part 17)
- "What year is this?" (Part 17)
PsychoFox
Roadhouse Member

Post by PsychoFox »

The 2 scenes with Tracey Barberato, the purple room, Diane and Evil Coop in the prison, the dream with Monica Bellucci, Andy and the giant, Cooper saving Laura and the last scene.
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

Nighthawk wrote:The things that stuck to me the most in the end was everything surrounding the Palmer house and Sarah. I was really creeped out watching her in that dilapitated room filled with cigarette butts and trash, just waiting for something horrible to walk into the field of vision. Of course nothing did, most of the creepiness happened offscreen including Sarah's awful moaning and noise in the kitchen during Hawk's visit.
A game changer for me. Hawk's visit, and the atmosphere/ambience surrounding it was the highlight of the season...and then it just fizzled out. Man, think what could have been done with this if it had been in the original series (and what would have been done). We'd been talking about it for ages.