Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Rhiannon wrote:I don't mind the cover, i really hope Lynch and Frost do audio commentary over certain scenes, to give us an insight to maybe what and how they were thinking about a particular scene/person/character.
There's no way Lynch will ever do an audio commentary. I'm hoping for a very long "Stories"-type feature which could cover the same ground, as on Eraserhead.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Rhiannon wrote:I don't mind the cover, i really hope Lynch and Frost do audio commentary over certain scenes, to give us an insight to maybe what and how they were thinking about a particular scene/person/character.
Lynch is on record as stating he would never do an audio commentary.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon »

mtwentz wrote:
Lynch is on record as stating he would never do an audio commentary.
OK, wasn't aware of that...cheers.
TheGum
RR Diner Member

Post by TheGum »

Re: all the debate on 4k, per an interview with Peter Deming:

"The problem is that with the amount of special effects required for the new season of “Twin Peaks,” smaller, less expensive DSLR cameras have a “rolling shudder” and don’t supply a constant frame, which makes it extremely difficult for visual effects artists. In addition, Showtime, like Netflix and Amazon, wants its original shows to not only to deliver in 4K resolution, but shoot in 4K. This made Lynch’s preferred, smaller digital cameras an impossibility. The happy medium became the Arri Amira, which is popular in the documentary community and been used on indie films like “Goat” and “The Fits.”

“The Amira is essentially the same sensor as the Arri Alexa, records at 3.2K which is easily up-res’d to 4K and Showtime was nice enough to say, OK, you don’t have to originate in 4K,” said Deming. “It was the smallest camera that could do that and I had a lot of experience with the Alexa, which I love, so when I tested the Amira it was basically an Alexa in smaller housing to me. So I was please we went out with that camera and I think at the end of the day David was as well.”

They rented older 1960 ultra speed lenses from Panavision to “rough up” or soften some of the sharpness of the digital image."
I'm back in style!
Tosker

Post by Tosker »

Amazon UK are still dragging their heels putting Season 3 up for pre-order. I hope that the European release is still going to be December 5th.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Tosker wrote:Amazon UK are still dragging their heels putting Season 3 up for pre-order. I hope that the European release is still going to be December 5th.
It's not up anywhere as far as I know. The final specs haven't even been revealed. I assume it'll go gold shortly after they announce what's going to be inside.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Now looks like 7 discs for the Blu-Ray and 8 for the DVD.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

In terms of data/time, how much space for extras would there be?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

Soolsma wrote:In terms of data/time, how much space for extras would there be?
It would all depend on how they split the content up on the discs. We could get 4 episodes on a disc which could leave room for two and a half discs worth of special features. Or they could do 3 episodes a disc with featurettes on every disc and one disc dedicated to larger special features. If it's true that On the Air would be included then I'd guess something more along the lines of the first option.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I would bet money against On the Air being included. Maybe this is my own personal bias at play to some extent, but — as with Criterion leaving The Cowboy & the Frenchman off the Eraserhead Blu Ray — OtA is a lesser work and tonally inconsistent with TP S3. It would just feel “off” having it there (it would have made a lot more sense on The Complete Mystery, where there was more overlap in style and cast/crew between OtA and TP S2). And I would much rather the space be devoted to extras relating to S3.

OTOH, if there were a L/F “TV shows” superset with OtA, the wonderful Hotel Room, American Chronicles (which I’ve never been able to track down in full), Buddy Faro, All Souls, and any other curiosities, I’d snatch it up in a heartbeat! All those shows are short enough that they could easily fit on one set.
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

Does anyone know anything about this from the BBFC?

It lists the following extras(put them in spoilers, just in case)
Spoiler:
TWIN PEAKS 2017 - A BLOODY FINGER IN YOUR MOUTH [Additional Material] - 25m 43s
TWIN PEAKS 2017 - A POT OF BOILING OIL [Additional Material] - 36m 58s
TWIN PEAKS 2017 - DO NOT PICK UP HITCHHIKERS [Additional Material] - 25m 39s
TWIN PEAKS 2017 - SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE DEAR FRIEND [Additional Material] - 28m 49s
TWIN PEAKS 2017 - TELL IT MARTIN [Additional Material] - 27m 57s
TWIN PEAKS 2017 - THE MAN WITH THE GRAY ELEVATED HAIR [Additional Material] - 28m 27s
TWIN PEAKS 2017 - TWO BLUE BALLS [Additional Material] - 23m 13s
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

And what about this?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.08.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.08.13 AM.png (56.87 KiB) Viewed 9853 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

That seems like a huge chunk of extra material. Very exciting!
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I really hope this turns out to be additional scenes.

3 hours might just tie up all the plot threads that were left hanging. :lol:
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

Oh man, I didn't even see that one. It sounds like an actual featurette, while all the other ones sound like deleted scenes to me. But, from what I know, there wasn't that much deleted material. Am I mistaken on that?