Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

laughingpinecone wrote:The most likely option is that those are making of videos, interviews etc. But in the less likely event we're getting 4 hours of deleted scenes, I'm amused by the thought that TPTR would still have a "limited amount" of deleted scenes, like Sutherland (iirc? or was it Lynch himself?) mentioned... ...for the director who consistently overshoots by like 45% of the final cut :lol: anything under seven hours is subpar :lol:
I agree that it’s extremely unlikely that these are deleted scenes. But it would be hysterical if Red, Becky &c. end up having satisfying, full arcs that were cut for time, and the people complaining that the 18-hour runtime was excessive turn around and start lobbying for a longer director’s cut. ;)
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

Sneak peek of extras at Festival of Disruption, perhaps? (I'm not going, just throwing that out there.)
pinballmars
Roadhouse Member

Post by pinballmars »

I'll be happy with anything from the Blu-ray extras. Remarkably little behind-the-scenes material (photos, videos) for this ultra-secretive production has come out. If we get a lot of on-set footage (ala the INLAND EMPIRE DVD, the Criterion MULHOLLAND DR. Blu-ray), I will eat it up.

I'm not expecting anything in terms of deleted scenes, but if we get some of that, hooray!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

One of the extras will be a behind-the-scenes film ('Behind The Red Curtain') in the Red Room from Richard Beymer.

It will be in the "Limited Edition" DVD set.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

called "Behind the Red Curtain", according to Kristine McKenna. That's not among the titles we've seen yet, is it? Man, there's a ton of stuff on this thing.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Ohhhhhh yeah. (Presumably from the S2 finale?)
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

(Also hoping "limited edition DVD" is also available in Blu-ray.)
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

No, from the new series. She mentioned something about footage of Kyle acting out being sucked into the electrical socket.

I think the "limited edition" thing was just her way or referring to the blu ray.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Oh wow.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Great news! I'm hoping for as much BTS footage as possible!
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

BGate wrote:No, from the new series. She mentioned something about footage of Kyle acting out being sucked into the electrical socket.

I think the "limited edition" thing was just her way or referring to the blu ray.
And here I was all excited thinking it would be footage from ep 29. Silly me :(
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Is this thing really coming out December 5? It's just strange that there's still no pre-order or really any official announcement beyond Lynch tweeting it. Maybe he's hand-making each copy in his workshop.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
BGate wrote:No, from the new series. She mentioned something about footage of Kyle acting out being sucked into the electrical socket.

And here I was all excited thinking it would be footage from ep 29. Silly me :(
I think the Richard Beymer documentary "Behind The Red Curtain" is from season two. I doubt they let Beymer on set for the Red Room sequences for the new season given how secretive it all was, plus Beymer also only shot for two days on the new season. It's much more likely this is new BTS stuff from the season two finale, since we already know he was there taking BTS photos, coupled with the BBFC site saying "season one" (likely a BBFC typo, since it's not part of the feature's title) next to these two "episodes" that add up to about 55 minutes total.

This news is thrilling to me.

The other BTS stuff is likely a massive full-length making of documentary for season 3. Anyone a fan of The Hunger Games? I'm picturing a documentary that epic in scale and design, broken into smaller parts, which we see here with the numerous strange titles, highlighting different departments and roles. The documentaries included for each Hunger Games film really set the bar for home media special features IMO.

I would be surprised if that long BTS documentary and the Richard Beymer stuff are the sole special features on the season 3 Blu-ray. Perhaps there is more content that has yet to be reviewed? Or some of the content will be existing trailer or promotional footage that doesn't need to be rated again for some reason.
Last edited by vicksvapor77 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

But there's no Red Room stuff in the season one finale.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

The Jumping Man wrote:But there's no Red Room stuff in the season one finale.
You're right, I'm asleep at the wheel. I meant the season two finale. I think it was probably just mislabeled as season one on the BBFC site, since the classification "Additional Material, Season 1" is their own note, not the actual title of the feature which is "Twin Peaks - Behind the Red Curtain: Episode 1/2." The stuff for the new season all says "Twin Peaks 2017" in the titles.