Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sugarhigh
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Post by sugarhigh »

kitty666cats wrote:No deleted scenes :'(
I'm sure there will be deleted scenes included....a few years from now when they re-package the "Limited Season 3 Return" with the other two seasons & FWWM.
A salamander spit donuts.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

sugarhigh wrote:
kitty666cats wrote:No deleted scenes :'(
I'm sure there will be deleted scenes included....a few years from now when they re-package the "Limited Season 3 Return" with the other two seasons & FWWM.
There are no deleted scenes PERIOD. We been talkin aboot this already.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
sugarhigh wrote:
Says who? Sabrina Sutherland said in one of her talks there were some deleted scenes, but not too many.

Didn't lurkers who saw filming in WA confirm there was a cut restaurant scene between Dr. Jacoby and Nadine? And one between Big Ed and Steven at the gas station?
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

bosguy1981 wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
sugarhigh wrote:
Says who? Sabrina Sutherland said in one of her talks there were some deleted scenes, but not too many.

Didn't lurkers who saw filming in WA confirm there was a cut restaurant scene between Dr. Jacoby and Nadine? And one between Big Ed and Steven at the gas station?
Sabrina Sutherland said that they used everything. If there's any unused content at all, it's probably alternate takes and whatnot.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:

Sabrina Sutherland said that they used everything. If there's any unused content at all, it's probably alternate takes and whatnot.
That's not entirely accurate. Here's the AMA quote:
"Most of the footage we shot is used in the film. David always likes to experiment and we always were ready for him writing new scenes and adding new visuals to shoot.!

That doesn't rule out that there were a few scenes left on the cutting room floor. But perhaps they simply didn't work. Another thing that I would have loved to have seen, but for sure never will, is Duwayne Dunham's original cut - before Lynch stretched out most of the scenes.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

eyeboogers wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:

That's not entirely accurate. Here's the AMA quote:
"Most of the footage we shot is used in the film. David always likes to experiment and we always were ready for him writing new scenes and adding new visuals to shoot.!

That doesn't rule out that there were a few scenes left on the cutting room floor. But perhaps they simply didn't work. Another thing that I would have loved to have seen, but for sure never will, is Duwayne Dunham's original cut - before Lynch stretched out most of the scenes.
That's why I said if there's anything unused at all, it's probably alternate takes and such. The sort of content that certain fans would probably dogpile and call "worthless" if it included if they did! That said I would love to see it if any ever materialized.

IDK where you heard about this "first Duwayne Dunham cut" because the whole thing had been cut to Lynch's approval already. Do you mean a rough or "workprint" because that's probably what it is. IDK how I feel viewing something like that, it'd probably feel like it's missing something.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

SpookyDollhouse wrote: IDK where you heard about this "first Duwayne Dunham cut" because the whole thing had been cut to Lynch's approval already. Do you mean a rough or "workprint" because that's probably what it is. IDK how I feel viewing something like that, it'd probably feel like it's missing something.
It is defintely an incomplete thing, from very early in the editing process. I recommend reading this whole great interview with Duwayne https://www.provideocoalition.com/AOTC-TWIN-PEAKS. In general I thought the show worked best when the pacing was a tiny bit faster (ep.13 f.ex.).
Robin Davies
Roadhouse Member

Post by Robin Davies »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I’m getting whiplash with the title changes. TP:ALES is kinda dumb. It sounds too much like it came from marketing. Kinda wish they’d just stuck with TR. I wonder what terminology we’ll eventually settle on. TP2017?
There's a picture of John Thorne's ticket to the May 19 premiere in the second issue of Blue Rose magazine and it says "TWIN PEAKS. A LIMITED EVENT SERIES".
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

Bluray and DVD both temporarily out of stock on Amazon.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Robin Davies wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:I’m getting whiplash with the title changes. TP:ALES is kinda dumb. It sounds too much like it came from marketing. Kinda wish they’d just stuck with TR. I wonder what terminology we’ll eventually settle on. TP2017?
There's a picture of John Thorne's ticket to the May 19 premiere in the second issue of Blue Rose magazine and it says "TWIN PEAKS. A LIMITED EVENT SERIES".
This is nothing new. Showtime was using that label publicly all along, on promo materials and in comments made by Nevins/Levine etc.
The Archivist
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Archivist »

The soundtrack states "Limited event series" too.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

So aside from the option to watch the first four as aired (or individually), all the other parts will be as aired, with credits, correct? I'm glad at that because that's how they were edited. It would be nice if the damn packaging would be just conventional plastic rather than cardboard. I got empty BD cases online for the original set.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Terence
Roadhouse Member

Post by Terence »

CBS have said the blu-ray set comes with a hidden surprise in the package?

Well i doubt it will be hidden that much but i guess its something to be found also in the blu-ray set in the same way the Entire Mystery set had that hidden Fire Walk with Me note.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

A little golden orb?
sugarhigh
Roadhouse Member

Post by sugarhigh »

Terence wrote:CBS have said the blu-ray set comes with a hidden surprise in the package?

Well i doubt it will be hidden that much but i guess its something to be found also in the blu-ray set in the same way the Entire Mystery set had that hidden Fire Walk with Me note.
I'll bet the hidden surprise is the Jack Rabbits Palace coordinates scroll in a hidden compartment like the complete mystery blu-ray.
A salamander spit donuts.