'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31 (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: Final Dossier Spoilers

Post by krishnanspace »

Mr.C-Hows Annie?
Annie-I'm Fine
Woh Thats cool!
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Man, I wish that would've been worked into the series... SIGH.
Thanks for the reply.
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

TFD does not exist in Lynch's universion. Any explanation derived from TFD is plain, bad, lazy binoculars.
a whole damn town

Post by a whole damn town »

Rik Renault wrote:My apologies, I think I must've been getting confused! His answer to this was:
Spoiler:
After the events of Episode 29, Annie was rushed to the hospital, where she acted consciously for about a day. Then she fell into the catatonic state we witnessed in The Missing Piece. Her recovery was slow, but eventually she managed to recover enough to be taken in custody from Norma, all while never speaking a word. Her recovery seemed to be pretty fast, but then she attempted suicide again by slitting her veins. They brought her to the hospital again, where she fell back into the catatonic state she began with, although she DID speak a phrase, a single unasked phrase. Afterwards, when it was evident that shee needed special care, she was brought (on the basis of community donations) in a private care center, where she still is. Today, she's out of the catatonic phase and seems very lively, although she doesn't speak but in one occasion: every year, on the anniversary of her return from the lodge, she tells to no one in particular the same sentence she spoke in the hospital room after her second attempt.
"I'm fine."
Are you sure that these people aren't just posting bullshit "spoilers" for their own amusement? This seriously reads like the most laughable spooky meme.
I'm not just three men on a fishing trip.
samhayel

Post by samhayel »

Indeed, the "spoilers" seem more and more weird and unaligned with TSHOTP...
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I quite like the Annie resolution.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Spoiler:
Wow, that bit of Annie information really hit me. Mostly because she's not really fine, at least not in this world.

I really like it.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

a whole damn town wrote: Are you sure that these people aren't just posting bullshit "spoilers" for their own amusement?
Yeah - I've had a bit of skepticism reading some of them, but I guess we'll all find out soon enough if they are legit. - Going to make a second attempt this weekend of finding a copy. I was able to buy TSHOTP last year a couple of days before the official release.
powerleftist
Roadhouse Member

Post by powerleftist »

I can't find spoilers anywhere else, even though some people already have a copy. Strange.
Rik Renault
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Final Dossier Spoilers

Post by Rik Renault »

a whole damn town wrote:
Rik Renault wrote:My apologies, I think I must've been getting confused! His answer to this was:
Spoiler:
After the events of Episode 29, Annie was rushed to the hospital, where she acted consciously for about a day. Then she fell into the catatonic state we witnessed in The Missing Piece. Her recovery was slow, but eventually she managed to recover enough to be taken in custody from Norma, all while never speaking a word. Her recovery seemed to be pretty fast, but then she attempted suicide again by slitting her veins. They brought her to the hospital again, where she fell back into the catatonic state she began with, although she DID speak a phrase, a single unasked phrase. Afterwards, when it was evident that shee needed special care, she was brought (on the basis of community donations) in a private care center, where she still is. Today, she's out of the catatonic phase and seems very lively, although she doesn't speak but in one occasion: every year, on the anniversary of her return from the lodge, she tells to no one in particular the same sentence she spoke in the hospital room after her second attempt.
"I'm fine."
Are you sure that these people aren't just posting bullshit "spoilers" for their own amusement? This seriously reads like the most laughable spooky meme.
Without a doubt huge pinch of salt needed, but the guy seems genuine and the storylines sound pretty Frostian (which has never been my cup of tea, personally). I dont think the answers are verbatim either, so they may be better in context in the actual text where it isnt filtered through someone whose first language likely isnt English.

I'm unsure on the treatment of Annie's storyline too. Again, I think I'll need to read the actual copy before judgment.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Well, to be fair, the whole table of contents reads like it was put together by this or that (former) rabid TP fan who's been disappointed with what he's witnessed with The Return as the official TP continuation and that table of contents is genuine enough, is it not?
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

Part of the Annie section from the Google preview
Spoiler:
image.png
image.png (233.82 KiB) Viewed 9900 times
Not sure how it lines up with the spoilers, besides the one not in spoiler tags being correct.
powerleftist
Roadhouse Member

Post by powerleftist »

That Google preview proves that these spoilers are authentic.
Last edited by powerleftist on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
a whole damn town

Post by a whole damn town »

Well, that's... profoundly disappointing, as some would say.
I'm not just three men on a fishing trip.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

bowisneski wrote:Part of the Annie section from the Google preview
Spoiler:
image.png
Not sure how it lines up with the spoilers, besides the one not in spoiler tags being correct.
She reminds me of the 119 woman