Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Post by Jerry Horne »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:I'm mostly disappointed in this annoying nonsense https://twitter.com/TwinPeaksArchve/sta ... 1576328193
I know, who started this?
I'm not sure who started it. It seems there are some folks out there who want a fourth season. Interestingly enough, I've seen many crew members involved.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I don't see anything wrong with it. The campaigning was also effective in the spring of '15.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
waferwhitemilk
Roadhouse Member

Post by waferwhitemilk »

A couple of months on and i'm still profoundly disappointed, but mainly by other things than TP:TR now. Some of the things out of the new book actually seem kinda cool from the
Spoiler:
spoilers
i've read, wish they'd put those in the series more!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

This thread is for members who are "Profoundly Disappointed" in Season Three.

If you are here to tell them how wrong they are etc. then you will be sent to the Black Lodge. Permanently. No warnings. Enough.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Jerry Horne wrote: I'm not sure who started it. It seems there are some folks out there who want a fourth season. Interestingly enough, I've seen many crew members involved.
Cool. Have fun ya all
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Post by douglasb »

Jerry Horne wrote:
I'm not sure who started it. It seems there are some folks out there who want a fourth season. Interestingly enough, I've seen many crew members involved.
Maybe they are profoundly disappointed at the amount of screen time they got (and resultant cheque) so are lobbying for one - final - pay day.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

There could be some truth to that. Nobody gets rich working for David Lynch. Unless your last name is Lynch, Frost or MacLachlan.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

douglasb wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
Maybe they are profoundly disappointed at the amount of screen time they got (and resultant cheque) so are lobbying for one - final - pay day.
Or, some people need to be center-of-attention ~fandom organizers~. It doesn't matter if the creators want to do more or not, you better give them some more so they have something to do! :mrgreen:
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

What's wrong with people wanting more Twin Peaks? And what sign do you have that Lynch/Frost aren't interested? All their public commentary is at the very least open to the possibility. No one is forcing or pressuring them.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

N. Needleman wrote:What's wrong with people wanting more Twin Peaks? And what sign do you have that Lynch/Frost aren't interested? All their public commentary is at the very least open to the possibility. No one is forcing or pressuring them.
I never said anything was wrong with wanting more at all, nor did I say Lynch and Frost weren't interested.That's putting words in my mouth my bro, I'm fully aware they're open to doing more. We don't know if either want to do more soon or later, but Lynch has gone on the record saying if he does any more it won't be for awhile. Why is that not good enough for some people? Does that fly right over their heads?

I'm pointing a finger at people who, at this moment, do just that and act pushy on social media. It comes off as bad taste to me. There's "wow, it'd be cool if we got another season of Twin Peaks" and "119 119 Showtime renew Twin Peaks! I'm boycotting social media until you do it! Fans want it! More Twin Peaks!" completely ignoring the fact that Lynch has said he WOULDN'T MIND doing more but there would be a WAIT. The former is not annoying, the latter drives me crazy.

Y'all can go ahead and do what you want by all means, but I'd rather the whole thing happen organically. I don't want Showtime to inevitably pressure Lynch or Frost to do more TP if they want a break from it right now. That's all my point is. And I'd really rather not have a Frost only iteration if Lynch happened to want a break.

I'm grateful we got any at all, and I wouldn't mind seeing more. I, personally, don't feel it's necessary at this time personally to spread social media memes directed at Showtime to renew after it's been over since September.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:Lynch has gone on the record saying if he does any more it won't be for awhile. Why is that not good enough for some people? Does that fly right over their heads?
Who is saying it isn't other than you? All these campaigns do is show support for another season.
I don't want Showtime to inevitably pressure Lynch or Frost to do more TP if they want a break from it right now. That's all my point is. And I'd really rather not have a Frost only iteration if Lynch happened to want a break.
Yeah, there is absolutely zero chance of either of these things ever happening in this or any other Jowday-controlled universe.

If I thought there was any kind of pressure campaign designed to push Lynch and Frost I would denounce it. I don't see it. And it would never work. There's no harm here.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

N. Needleman wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:Lynch has gone on the record saying if he does any more it won't be for awhile. Why is that not good enough for some people? Does that fly right over their heads?
Who is saying it isn't other than you? All these campaigns do is show support for another season.
You're not listening; I said the way they're going about their message looks ungrateful. That's all. They may not MEAN to, but at a glance that's what SOME of it looks like, the key word being SOME. I did not say any mention of wanting more equated to this. I'll say it again: "Make more Peaks, Lynch & Frost!" is not the same as "SHOWTIME RENEW! SHOWTIME RENEW!" I'm not insinuating anything else.
Yeah, there is absolutely zero chance of either of these things ever happening in this or any other Jowday-controlled universe.If I thought there was any kind of pressure campaign designed to push Lynch and Frost I would denounce it. I don't see it. And it would never work. There's no harm here.
I didn't say it was a pressure-campaign, you're mincing my words here. I don't like the idea of Showtime potentially getting the idea to pressure L/F for more. I didn't say it would, but in the land of Hollywood you really never know. Nobody thought Lynch was going to walk away from The Return altogether at one point, so not a single thing is set in stone. You can't make a call as exactly what may or may not transpire. If the only pressure Showtime gave was more Twin Peaks 5 years from now, it's not really a big deal. Anyway, that's my piece. I'm out.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Why are we not allowed to question the tenuous claims of the disappointed? Why should this website be a safe space for them?
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:You're not listening; I said the way they're going about their message looks ungrateful.
I don't agree. YMMV.
I didn't say it was a pressure-campaign, you're mincing my words here. I don't like the idea of Showtime potentially getting the idea to pressure L/F for more.
And I'm telling you that would be literally impossible to do, given they own a stake in it and given Lynch simply cannot be pressured at this stage of his career.
Nobody thought Lynch was going to walk away from The Return altogether at one point, so not a single thing is set in stone.
And I never thought he would at any given point during that, either. It was simply a (pretty transparent) negotiation ploy, and as all parties have since said it was cleared up much more swiftly than any of us knew at the time.

It's just not worth worrying about, AFAIC. They're bulletproof.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

N. Needleman wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:You're not listening; I said the way they're going about their message looks ungrateful.
I don't agree. YMMV.
Getting a sequel you never dreamed of to a favorite show 27 years later, and then not even an entire year later going past the creators of said show to those who aired it and demanding they renew it over & over sounds kinda ungrateful to me. Especially when there's an overlap with the "Return isn't what I wanted, L/F need to fix it!" camp. YMMV indeed!
And I'm telling you that would be literally impossible to do, given they own a stake in it and given Lynch simply cannot be pressured at this stage of his career.
Understandable!
And I never thought he would at any given point during that, either. It was simply a (pretty transparent) negotiation ploy, and as all parties have since said it was cleared up much more swiftly than any of us knew at the time.
Negotiation ploy or not it still happened. I get you though!
It's just not worth worrying about, AFAIC. They're bulletproof.
It's not that I don't think they are, but bad vibes still. Or maybe I'm just being silly! :lol: