Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

thunderclap82
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Post by thunderclap82 »

Cancelled with Amazon and walked to a local Best Buy. They had it in stock for $48. No muss, no fuss. Thanks for nothing, Amazon.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Screwing over Europe proper by releasing the set three months late, without even having the decency of announcing it officially, is the most nostalgic thing I've seen this show pull off yet. The Nineties called, they want their marketing strategies back. :x

I'm furious, this was supposed to be a Christmas present. You'll forgive some mild schadenfreude as I observe how they've fucked up the US-UK release too.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

laughingpinecone wrote:Screwing over Europe proper by releasing the set three months late, without even having the decency of announcing it officially, is the most nostalgic thing I've seen this show pull off yet. The Nineties called, they want their marketing strategies back. :x

I'm furious, this was supposed to be a Christmas present. You'll forgive some mild schadenfreude as I observe how they've fucked up the US-UK release too.
What is this nonsense that several people post about europe getting it late? it's out, we got it a day earlier than the US.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

eyeboogers wrote:
What is this nonsense that several people post about europe getting it late? it's out, we got it a day earlier than the US.
I am admittedly going only by this board's info - it's supposed be a Christmas present for me, so I haven't looked it up personally. Non-UK posters said more than once that it's slated to February for us continental peasants?
riesje
Roadhouse Member

Post by riesje »

only the UK has its releasedate now, the rest of europe follows at the end of march.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

riesje wrote:only the UK has its releasedate now, the rest of europe follows at the end of march.
So what on earth is the problem with ordering from the UK?
riesje
Roadhouse Member

Post by riesje »

I dont have a problem, maybe you.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

My copy is being held for pickup at Best Buy. Screw Amazon.
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

Cancelled with Amazon, because it had not yet shipped, and placed an order with a local Best Buy. Well, turns out that Best Buy ran out of stock before they received my order. Luckily, there's another one five miles further away that had some stock and they have one held for me to pick up on my lunch break. I don't understand what the issue with the rollout of this and Final Dossier have been, wonder if demand was underestimated.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

bowisneski wrote:Cancelled with Amazon, because it had not yet shipped, and placed an order with a local Best Buy. Well, turns out that Best Buy ran out of stock before they received my order. Luckily, there's another one five miles further away that had some stock and they have one held for me to pick up on my lunch break. I don't understand what the issue with the rollout of this and Final Dossier have been, wonder if demand was underestimated.
That’s been my thought as well.

Was there a problem with TFD? I must have missed that; I got mine quickly. I know there were delays with the audiobook.
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Jeez, how many copies did they print, 10? Out of stock everywhere...
eyeboogers wrote:
riesje wrote:only the UK has its releasedate now, the rest of europe follows at the end of march.
No subtitles I suppose...
"Your log and I are on the same page."
TimG

Post by TimG »

MoondogJR wrote:Jeez, how many copies did they print, 10? Out of stock everywhere...
eyeboogers wrote:
No subtitles I suppose...
The UK version only has English SDH subtitles.
Which is annoying for me :lol:
riesje
Roadhouse Member

Post by riesje »

amazon uk just removed the item, its currently only for sale from zoom and filmnight (both who only ship to UK, however if you go to the main site of zoom you can order outside of UK).
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

Amazon still claiming mine will be delivered by 8 pm tonight, yet it hasn't shipped. Time to check with Best Buy...
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

So for the lucky owners, which audio and which subtitle tracks are included in the blu ray?
eyeboogers wrote:
International shipping costs and times come to mind? Possibly having to make a new account too, I'm not sure. The fact that a problem isn't technically unsurmountable doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
bowisneski wrote:I don't understand what the issue with the rollout of this and Final Dossier have been, wonder if demand was underestimated.
Yeeeeeah. And TSHOTP before them, at least over here.