What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What chance do you think there is we will see a season 4?

Very unlikely
13%
Unlikely
32%
50/50
35%
Likely
12%
Very likely
7%

Total votes: 82
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Post by krishnanspace »

I would love to see a "Desmond escaping wherever he is stuck" spinoff with the weird people of Deer Meadow.Desmond's fate was something I thought would be resolved in The Return but alas
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Kimmy’s reference to July was obviously alluding to San Diego Comic Con — i.e., if the second-hand rumor she heard was true, it would more appropriately be officially announced at SDCC, rather than being leaked by Kimmy at an Oregon convention. It definitely wasn’t an indicator of any insider knowledge re: an announcement date, just common-sense speculation.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

A friend of mine knows a cast member who appears late in the series and told me this. The subject came up of how small his part was and Lynch told him don't worry we'll have more for you in the next season. Now, I've never put too much into that, it's the sort of thing you might say to make someone feel better or whatever, but the fact that he even mentioned another season after the script was written gives me a glimmer of hope that more is possible.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jerry Horne wrote:A friend of mine knows a cast member who appears late in the series and told me this. The subject came up of how small his part was and Lynch told him don't worry we'll have more for you in the next season. Now, I've never put too much into that, it's the sort of thing you might say to make someone feel better or whatever, but the fact that he even mentioned another season after the script was written gives me a glimmer of hope that more is possible.
That's some great news to hear!!!
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Soolsma wrote:I would also be super satisfied with pretty much anything TP related.

For example, I would love it if Frost would write more. How about him dropping the epistolary format and writing a more standard fictional novel following the life or lives of beloved TP characters. Just imagine how cool it would be to read about the life of Harry, starting from the disappearing of Cooper.

Also here, fat chance. But hey, one can dream..
It would be wonderful a new book about Twin Peaks, the life of Harry and the disappearing of Cooper and more.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

baxter wrote:The persistent rumours/wishful thinking on a series 4 or series 3B that is ready to drop (mostly on reddit) are almost certainly nonsense, but part of me of course is counting down the days til July to see if anything materialises.

Failing that, even if a series is announced, it only starts another nail-biting few years where we all hope that everyone is healthy enough to make it to the end. Until I see it on my TV, it does not exist as a possibility.
I hope on July. we wil see if happen something.
If there is a Fourth season, it would be in 2021 more or less.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Kimmy’s reference to July was obviously alluding to San Diego Comic Con — i.e., if the second-hand rumor she heard was true, it would more appropriately be officially announced at SDCC, rather than being leaked by Kimmy at an Oregon convention. It definitely wasn’t an indicator of any insider knowledge re: an announcement date, just common-sense speculation.
When Kimmy said this, she was talking about Lynch, his wife, and possibily a friend. Kimmy said he heard… i better don,t say. these he heard was David Lynch. it can be something more that a rumour.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Jerry Horne wrote:A friend of mine knows a cast member who appears late in the series and told me this. The subject came up of how small his part was and Lynch told him don't worry we'll have more for you in the next season. Now, I've never put too much into that, it's the sort of thing you might say to make someone feel better or whatever, but the fact that he even mentioned another season after the script was written gives me a glimmer of hope that more is possible.
Wow!! It would be wonderful!!
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

"Somebody I know was recently in a car with his wife, and she was talking about how much he enjoyed it and why he wanted to do more if there was ever more. He had never experienced anything like it. She didn't know that this person knew anything about Twin Peaks or anything, and she said that, "He heard that..." oh I better not say it!"

That's what Kimmy said, having just looked it up again. The "he" being referred to is David Lynch based on the rest of the conversation.

So as much as I'm hoping for something this July, that quote indeed indicates nothing at all, and also it could be anything! There is nothing on there that relates to Season 4 at all! Why would David Lynch hear that more Twin Peaks was happening? It doesn't make any sense. We all know it would happen if he decided to do more.

I do think that they really set it up to continue though, and that they clearly want to do it. I'd be surprised if DL commits to another epic slog like S3, but then I don't understand why the Rolling Stones continue to tour at their age either.

I also don't see why they wouldn't have written more already. It's what I would do, knowing that it could probably get picked up.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Harry S. Truman wrote:
baxter wrote:The persistent rumours/wishful thinking on a series 4 or series 3B that is ready to drop (mostly on reddit) are almost certainly nonsense, but part of me of course is counting down the days til July to see if anything materialises.

Failing that, even if a series is announced, it only starts another nail-biting few years where we all hope that everyone is healthy enough to make it to the end. Until I see it on my TV, it does not exist as a possibility.
I hope on July. we wil see if happen something.
If there is a Fourth season, it would be in 2021 more or less.
Mmm wouldn’t an announcement in July mean no Emmy’s for limited event ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

People have been speculating that they will wait until after some important date, then announce it, for which there is apparently a precedent.

I don't know what that date is though, or what the rules are.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

baxter wrote:People have been speculating that they will wait until after some important date, then announce it, for which there is apparently a precedent.

I don't know what that date is though, or what the rules are.

Showtime holds I believe quarterly press conferences for programming announcements and promotion. Keep watching those and maybe we will here something.

I'm thinking if we hear anything at all, it will be in the fall after the Emmy Awards. I also think showtime doesn't care if or how many awards they receive. They are pleased enough with the show they will certainly renew it if Lynch/Frost are interested. In fact, Showtime has made statements to this effect on more than one occasion.

Final point. I've been a huge Lynch fan for decades. I remember when INLAND EMPIRE was announced it was a total suprise. That film was in production for I believe years before anybody really knew. Lynch produced that film under the guise of doing Web based content for his website. Rabbits and AxxonN. Lynch holds his cards close to his chest and can be somewhat secretive. So although Lynch and Frost haven't made any comments to really suggest Twin Peaks is returning it wouldn't suprised me if they were already hard at work with pre-production and writing.

Here's hoping...
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

S3 was announced in a totally nontraditional way. I doubt news of a potential S4 would drop at a quarterly press conference alongside news about the renewal of SMILF or whatever.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:S3 was announced in a totally nontraditional way. I doubt news of a potential S4 would drop at a quarterly press conference alongside news about the renewal of SMILF or whatever.
You are probably right on this point. I was kind of hoping for an announcement at the festival of disruption. Which I thought was more likely.

Probably not an announcement per se. But some kind of hint.

Maybe we will see more festivals of disruption, and this is where we hear something.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

I don’t think they will announce before the Emmy’s as I think they would lose the nomination (I believe there are precedents).

The main clue for a new season is that Showtime is still advertising TP, and so are the actors. Kyle keeps posting TP related pics, even Laura Dern published at least a TP related picture on her socials, Showtime’s TP social media channels are active, and they are even doing a full marathon today. It means that they are willing to spend resources on this one year later and they want to keep the brand alive.
It’s doable. Heck, showtime’s CEO Nevins even replied to my email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk