What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What chance do you think there is we will see a season 4?

Very unlikely
13%
Unlikely
32%
50/50
35%
Likely
12%
Very likely
7%

Total votes: 82
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Post by IcedOver »

I don't particularly want another season, but if it happens, I doubt he would have any issue getting what he wants from Showtime in terms of freedom. They know this show is a special case. The only anchor would be budget. The network wouldn't want to fork over too much or any more than they did. That's why doing half the amount of hours, maybe with the same or a bit less overall budget, would be preferable. That way, they wouldn't have to deal with being spread too thin.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

IcedOver wrote:I don't particularly want another season, but if it happens, I doubt he would have any issue getting what he wants from Showtime in terms of freedom. They know this show is a special case. The only anchor would be budget. The network wouldn't want to fork over too much or any more than they did. That's why doing half the amount of hours, maybe with the same or a bit less overall budget, would be preferable. That way, they wouldn't have to deal with being spread too thin.
It’s impossible to read Lynch’s mind, but I don’t think he’s up for another 18 hour stint. It must’ve been stressful to an unprecedented level for him and the crew. However Showtime might not like cutting down the time because it would mean less subscription time for those that subscribe only for TP, so who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

yaxomoxay wrote:
IcedOver wrote:I don't particularly want another season, but if it happens, I doubt he would have any issue getting what he wants from Showtime in terms of freedom. They know this show is a special case. The only anchor would be budget. The network wouldn't want to fork over too much or any more than they did. That's why doing half the amount of hours, maybe with the same or a bit less overall budget, would be preferable. That way, they wouldn't have to deal with being spread too thin.
It’s impossible to read Lynch’s mind, but I don’t think he’s up for another 18 hour stint. It must’ve been stressful to an unprecedented level for him and the crew. However Showtime might not like cutting down the time because it would mean less subscription time for those that subscribe only for TP, so who knows?

Well, for what it's worth, season 3 played out the opposite... it was Lynch who insisted on 18 hours when Showtime originally approved and budgeted for 9 hours. The budget for the extra episodes will be just as much a factor as subscription time, and at least traditionally, that's always been something that financiers would be more concerned about. Though S3 certainly marked a shift in the industry in terms of how much subscription driving the content factors into the decision making. If that was the case I would think content providers would want to experiment with how episodes are rolled out.... maybe a monthly series.... but there's no indication that is the case. Things are trending more towards the Netflix model of releasing everything at once for binge viewing.
Last edited by AgentEcho on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Lately there has been this feeling inside me that keeps telling me that a Season 4 is incoming and an announcement will be made in about 2 months
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

krishnanspace wrote:Lately there has been this feeling inside me that keeps telling me that a Season 4 is incoming and an announcement will be made in about 2 months
I hope!! As possible dates of a annoucement i would see two: one would be in the Showtime,s TCA in August, and two after of the Emmys. we are going to see happen.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

krishnanspace wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:I think they've been working on it awhile.
Someone should just hack into their Skype calls ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Harry S. Truman wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:Lately there has been this feeling inside me that keeps telling me that a Season 4 is incoming and an announcement will be made in about 2 months
I hope!! As possible dates of a annoucement i would see two: one would be in the Showtime,s TCA in August, and two after of the Emmys. we are going to see happen.
SDCC is also sometime in the coming 2-3 months. GOT and Westworld are skipping this year. So, I hope Showtime shines their light
Last edited by krishnanspace on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I'd be very surprised if anything was announced that soon.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

N. Needleman wrote:I'd be very surprised if anything was announced that soon.
Maybe after the nominations are announced?
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Kimmy Robertson said a few months ago that something could happen in July.

She said this:

"Somebody I know was recently in a car with his wife, and she was talking about how much he enjoyed it and why he wanted to do more if there was ever more. He had never experienced anything like it. She didn't know that this person knew anything about Twin Peaks or anything, and she said that, "He heard that..." oh I better not say it!"

"It's a good thing for maybe in the future like in July."

we will see if this mean some good with twin Peaks. could be that Showtime want talk yet with Lynch about this Fourth season?? Showtime has their TCA in August and i am sure of that people will want know some new about twin Peaks.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

N. Needleman wrote:I'd be very surprised if anything was announced that soon.
What would be the most probably date or month for you?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Harry S. Truman wrote:Kimmy Robertson said a few months ago that something could happen in July.

She said this:

"Somebody I know was recently in a car with his wife, and she was talking about how much he enjoyed it and why he wanted to do more if there was ever more. He had never experienced anything like it. She didn't know that this person knew anything about Twin Peaks or anything, and she said that, "He heard that..." oh I better not say it!"

we will see if this mean some good with twin Peaks. could be that Showtime want talk yet with Lynch about this Fourth season?? Showtime has their TCA in August and i am sure of that people will want know some new about twin Peaks.
Well SDCC is in July
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

krishnanspace wrote:
Harry S. Truman wrote:Kimmy Robertson said a few months ago that something could happen in July.

She said this:

Well SDCC is in July
I don,t know if will happen some good in the SDCC. I believe there is more possibilities of have some news in the showtime,s TCA in August, or after of the Emmys. I believe we will know some news. The key is in David Lynch saying: FOR NOW, i don,t want talk about these. In some momento, he will talk. The question is when?
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

We went through this exercise before with the elusive trailer we kept expecting at this event or that convention. The best strategy is not to expect anything at any of these events then we won't be disappointed :-).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

mtwentz wrote:We went through this exercise before with the elusive trailer we kept expecting at this event or that convention. The best strategy is not to expect anything at any of these events then we won't be disappointed :-).
We are TP fans. We don’t want to be disappointed, we need to :) it’s in our blood.