What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What chance do you think there is we will see a season 4?

Very unlikely
13%
Unlikely
32%
50/50
35%
Likely
12%
Very likely
7%

Total votes: 82
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Post by N. Needleman »

It's an interesting if somewhat snide piece, while the comments on Trump are already getting picked up for clickbait headlines on other sites. (FWIW, he is not claiming to be pre-Trump.)
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed to read some of the political comments in the interview. I realize he's not endorsing or supporting anyone and he says he's not a very political person, but still . . .

I'm glad I love Lynch for his film work, and not wherever he lands on the political spectrum - I will just leave it at that.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

DKL talking about politics has always been a little like discussing politics with a kid who heard a few things on the playground. He’s self-admittedly naïve and ill-informed and will occasionally just pick up something that appeals to him and run with it. The most disappointed I ever felt in him was when he endorsed the documentary Loose Change a few years ago.

Anyway, the context of the full quote is important. Quoting just the one sentence misrepresents his larger point. And I have to wonder about the fact that the magazine conveniently seems to have left out a chunk of the quote where DKL may have been critical about the President. In the middle of his quote, the reporter interjects with a sentiment that may or may not be a paraphrase of something DKL said, an old journalism obfuscation trick allowing them to make the quote appear more controversial than it actually was without technically misrepresenting it. Not saying that’s definitely the case, but it’s suspicious.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Lynch certainly likes to to give people room to interpret his expression, whatever that may be. That's great for his art, probably not so great for political commentary, especially in the current, reactionary click bait atmosphere of the internet and social media.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I will also note, without further comment, that DKL has often said that he wouldn’t have a career if not for the AFI, which owes its existence to federal funding for the arts.

In other words, LBJ is indirectly responsible for Eraserhead. (In his autobiography, DKL is pretty derogatory about LBJ and outright says he thinks LBJ killed Kennedy. I’d love to be a fly on the wall when he and Mark talk :lol: .)
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

FWIW, in that Cahiers interview, Lynch was talking a lot about dark times and at that point Trump came up. It was brief but I understood from that point that he is certainly not pro-Trump, as if there was any doubt. It's a shame about the clickbait headlines and culture.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Let's go back to observing the no politics rule. It's there for a very good reason.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

A guy like Lynch- I doubt you'll ever know what he really thinks about public affairs. I am of the opinion he deliberately doesn't want to be pigeonholed as one type of person or another and wants to keep a certain mystique about him. I would be very surprised to ever see Lynch fully embrace any conventional system of political thought. Once he is seen as just another liberal or just another conservative, some of his aura is forever lost. I suspect most of what he says about politics is to ensure he keeps us all off balance.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

N. Needleman wrote:Either a signal to Showtime to give him what he wants, or an indication it will take time to work on. Either way, I take it as good news.
This is a very yrev good new!!!! Can Be Lynch negotiating with Showtime and starting send messages??
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

krishnanspace wrote:Image

Hmmmmm....
This Lynch,s words are music for my ears!! it sounds like a negotiation with Showtime.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

People are getting way ahead of themselves with this new season stuff. His quote above just means he is having a tough time coming up with an idea, or may not even have interest, not that negotiations are ongoing. I find no reason to look at this deal differently than what was the general feeling before, during, and after S3, that that was it as far as "TP".
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

IcedOver wrote:People are getting way ahead of themselves with this new season stuff. His quote above just means he is having a tough time coming up with an idea, or may not even have interest, not that negotiations are ongoing. I find no reason to look at this deal differently than what was the general feeling before, during, and after S3, that that was it as far as "TP".
I haven,t said that they are negotiating, i have said: IT SOUND LIKE that is very diferent. the Lynch,s quote above, is very optimist. it means he still thinking in Twin Peaks and it is A VERY GOOD NEW. you think you want, i will do the same. and i am very optimist because are good news.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

I Don,t know if this mean some, but Lynch has been seen in a Neftlix Headquarters. some Kind of conversation?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Harry S. Truman wrote:I Don,t know if this mean some, but Lynch has been seen in a Neftlix Headquarters. some Kind of conversation?
According to whom? I would tend to disbelieve this, and were it true, it would be very unlikely that it had anything to do with Twin Peaks.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Harry S. Truman wrote:I Don,t know if this mean some, but Lynch has been seen in a Neftlix Headquarters. some Kind of conversation?
Where did you hear that?

Did some googling and never knew this happened.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."