What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What chance do you think there is we will see a season 4?

Very unlikely
13%
Unlikely
32%
50/50
35%
Likely
12%
Very likely
7%

Total votes: 82
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Post by Soolsma »

If this has anything to with either Lynch or TP I will drink a bottle of tabasco and post the video.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

One Saliva Bubble: The Series. The most dangerous show in the history of television. ;)
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:If this has anything to with either Lynch or TP I will drink a bottle of tabasco and post the video.
Be careful what you wish for
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

krishnanspace wrote:
Soolsma wrote:If this has anything to with either Lynch or TP I will drink a bottle of tabasco and post the video.
Huh? That tweet isn’t on DKL’s twitter feed. Nor is the retweet on Showtime’s feed, that I can see. Think that’s photoshopped.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
Huh? That tweet isn’t on DKL’s twitter feed. Nor is the retweet on Showtime’s feed, that I can see. Think that’s photoshopped.
:lol:
So actually FunnyorDie retweeted it.So case closed
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Perhaps you guys and gals already put this rumor to rest, but I still found this article interesting: https://thefilmstage.com/news/is-david- ... h-netflix/

The reason is because of the speculation regarding why Netflix would want Lynch: to dangle a new film in front of Cannes and see if they'll take the bait. Netflix has the resources to give Lynch whatever budget he might need, and the company is so hungry for recognition on every level, including the festival circuit, that I could actually see them doing such a thing, now that they've been banned from Cannes. Now I'm not saying that's what's happening, but I do think it's a very interesting and plausible impetus for them to want to work with Lynch. And no, I don't think he should leave Showtime if more Peaks is in the works because even if he did get less budget than he wanted, Showtime still gave quite a lot and I'm very grateful. So if he was going to be doing anything with Netflix, I would think it would be a film. Though, Netflix's deep pockets would insure that Lynch got exactly what he wanted no matter what project, and I don't know if he'd be able to pass that up. I also suspect that if it was a series that Lynch wanted to be doled out week by week, Netflix would agree; I think they'd be open to that kind of release experimentation. It's a different circumstance and for different reasons, but they did just release only half of the newest season of Arrested Development, with the rest to be released later in the year.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

baxter wrote:hmmmm

I saw the same advert on Stan yesterday (as a gif, not a video trailer), and of course my first thought was Twin Peaks! Then it turns out it is a Showtime thing (makes sense- Stan distributes all Showtime shows in Australia as far as I can tell).

Surely this must have absolutely nothing to do with Twin Peaks at all, or indeed David Lynch.
Hi. Care to find out about this? (sorry if this already is commented on)

Sabrina Sutherland on her facebook: "I'm told that Australian Twin Peaks fans should know that they should have their TV sets switched on to Channel 7 at 7.40 am tomorrow morning…" (13 hours before this post)

https://www.facebook.com/sabrinassuther ... _dqtxx8yNE
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Can anyone tell who is in that photo on Sabrina's account? The one in front of Abbey Road studio I think?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Jerry Horne wrote:Can anyone tell who is in that photo on Sabrina's account? The one in front of Abbey Road studio I think?
Damion Champe, Amy Shiels and Sean Bolger are tagged, then Connie Woods is there as well and it looks like Michael Horse to me. Don't know about the brunette at the far left side of the photo.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

If There is a new movie or something, BYE BYE TWIN PEAKS SEASON 4. Lynch hasn,t time for two things.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

LateReg wrote:Perhaps you guys and gals already put this rumor to rest, but I still found this article interesting: https://thefilmstage.com/news/is-david- ... h-netflix/

The reason is because of the speculation regarding why Netflix would want Lynch: to dangle a new film in front of Cannes and see if they'll take the bait. Netflix has the resources to give Lynch whatever budget he might need, and the company is so hungry for recognition on every level, including the festival circuit, that I could actually see them doing such a thing, now that they've been banned from Cannes. Now I'm not saying that's what's happening, but I do think it's a very interesting and plausible impetus for them to want to work with Lynch. And no, I don't think he should leave Showtime if more Peaks is in the works because even if he did get less budget than he wanted, Showtime still gave quite a lot and I'm very grateful. So if he was going to be doing anything with Netflix, I would think it would be a film. Though, Netflix's deep pockets would insure that Lynch got exactly what he wanted no matter what project, and I don't know if he'd be able to pass that up. I also suspect that if it was a series that Lynch wanted to be doled out week by week, Netflix would agree; I think they'd be open to that kind of release experimentation. It's a different circumstance and for different reasons, but they did just release only half of the newest season of Arrested Development, with the rest to be released later in the year.
David Lynch doesn,t direct the movie. he is executive producer. Dwayne Dunham is the director.
Last edited by Harry S. Truman on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

N. Needleman wrote:I doubt it has anything to do with Twin Peaks.
It is not Twin Peaks.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Jasper wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:That's actually pretty intriguing, but I'm dismayed by the term "comedy" used in the pseudo trailer. Not such a big fan of Lynch's goofball brand of humour (nor, as a matter of fact, comedies in general - the genre mainly just tires me).
I'm not a fan of the genre, though I'm not sure if I dislike Lynch's goofball humor as much as you do. (I think I'd need specific examples.) That said, we're not just going ahead and assuming that this involves Lynch, are we? It could, going solely by the secrecy aspect, but I don't think that we've got any other reason to make the assumption (unless we reach really hard and tie it to Kimmy Robertson's comments about "July".) If it premiers on the 15th, we'd have to ask how the hell Lynch could have filmed and put together something so quickly, and without anyone finding out about it.

I don't think we're getting Where Am I?: The Dougie 2.0 Show, but I won't complain if we do. (Sorry Agent Earle :lol: ). I loved the brief glimpse of Cooper's goofy new tulpa, and I've watched that particular sequence a number of times. It would be a strange spinoff concept, but it would make more business sense than On The Air: The Return.

That being said, despite the curious level of secrecy, my money is on this project being non-Lynch.
It is not relationated with Twin Peaks. Kimmy Robertson could refer to another thing happening this month of July. I hope in news about Twin Peaks.
Last edited by Harry S. Truman on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

David Lynch's book Room to Dream just got released, and they write about an unproduced 2010 screenplay called "Antelope Don't Run No More." It seems to be the film Lynch mentions to Richard Beymer in the India documentary and how it lives in a similar world as Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire or something. It's said he needed $20 million to make it, but nobody was interested, but supposedly everybody who's read it says it's one of his best screenplays.

Maybe people at Netflix read about it during the book publicity and showed interest in a meeting. They've got $20 million to spare and would let him make whatever he wants, I bet.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Harry S. Truman wrote:If David Lynch doen,t want do more twin Peaks, SAY and finish YET with all this joke.
I actually believe that David Lynch does in fact want to do more Twin Peaks, but I also understand that he wants to do any number of other projects (directorial or otherwise). I think that the real question is which of his many desired pursuits will win out in the contest for his time. He's repeatedly lamented his lack of time recently, especially as it concerns the many distractions that interfere with his time spent working in his art studio.