Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Post by LateReg »

Jasper wrote:The deadpan remaining in place through the emergence of the Bob ball, the subsequent battle, and all of the bananas stuff that follows. It's just like when he's facing the blistering wrath of his wife.

I thought it was interesting, and possibly more suspenseful, because Frank didn't know Cooper, so the presence of this creepy dead-eyed reptilian individual wasn't as jarring as it would have been for Harry. Harry's alarm bells presumably would have been going off right away. Instead we were left with the tension of wondering if poor Frank would have time to pick up on just how wrong things were with "Cooper".
Ha, yeah. That whole sequence was incredibly tense, but also felt weirdly jarring - in a good way - because of the uncertainty and mélange of tones, along with the suddenly heightened pace building off the momentum of the previous Part. Bad Coop also seems to have a fun time thinking about the existence of two Trumans.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

I hope to see the behind the scenes of the last episode with Carrie Page and Cooper in Odessa and Twin Peaks. I asked Mary Reber if she remembers Jason filming at her home but she doesn't. So let's hope! Obviously I would love to get some new never seen before footage from the Pilot and the Season 1 and 2. I would kill to see some "making of" the Pilot. But I guess it's only a dream. And I live inside a dream.
Roomservice...
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

piero wrote:I hope to see the behind the scenes of the last episode with Carrie Page and Cooper in Odessa and Twin Peaks. I asked Mary Reber if she remembers Jason filming at her home but she doesn't. So let's hope!
I've been wondering if Lynch may have asked Jason S. to keep more of a distance during the Palmer house stuff because Grace Zabriskie seems to be the one person in the cast who is very much on the "Method" side of things. Even when she's sitting on set, waiting to film, she's very much in character, ready to go as Sarah. The Impressions documentary includes just a tiny moment of Lynch and her interacting as they prep to film Sarah watching the animal footage of television. It may be that was an editorial choice and that is the only Sarah segment they wanted to include, but I wonder if it's actually because there just wasn't much footage Jason S had to work with in the Palmer house. I seem to recall Mary Reber was asked to wait until Grace finished filming all her scenes before a meet and greet or something to that effect.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Wow! Just doing a check in from my summer holidays and what a wonderful surprise!

Wondering if the Z to A has the Log Lady introductions. Probably this would fall under "many features from previous TP releases"

I'm gonna bug some friend with a 4k screen to host a part 8 party!!!!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
ozziejohn
Roadhouse Member

Post by ozziejohn »

Does anyone know for sure if this collection is region locked or is it like the s3 box set and region free?
Amazon lists s3 as region locked, but it works here in Australia on an Australian region locked player
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

ozziejohn wrote:Does anyone know for sure if this collection is region locked or is it like the s3 box set and region free?
Amazon lists s3 as region locked, but it works here in Australia on an Australian region locked player
My understanding (and my experience) is that Blu Rays always tend to be region-free (i.e., they work anywhere, even if they claim to be region-locked in marketing/packaging). But maybe somewhere more knowledgable can confirm, or correct me?
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
ozziejohn wrote:Does anyone know for sure if this collection is region locked or is it like the s3 box set and region free?
My understanding (and my experience) is that Blu Rays always tend to be region-free (i.e., they work anywhere, even if they claim to be region-locked in marketing/packaging). But maybe somewhere more knowledgable can confirm, or correct me?
When Blu-ray first came out everything was Region Free. But now there is region coding, and most discs are coded either A, B or C. However, companies like Universal and Warner Bros usually put out region free discs for new films because they own the content whether its America or France and the discs are usually exactly the same. Twin Peaks should once again be region free because the same boxset is being released in multiple countries.

(4K UHD discs are all still Region Free, however.)
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

LateReg wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
When Blu-ray first came out everything was Region Free. But now there is region coding, and most discs are coded either A, B or C. However, companies like Universal and Warner Bros usually put out region free discs for new films because they own the content whether its America or France and the discs are usually exactly the same. Twin Peaks should once again be region free because the same boxset is being released in multiple countries.

(4K UHD discs are all still Region Free, however.)
Interesting, thanks for the correction! When Blu Ray first came out, I was buying almost everything, buy these days I only buy a handful of truly special releases/films, so I hadn’t caught the change.
ozziejohn
Roadhouse Member

Post by ozziejohn »

OK. Might take the plunge and order from the US then - don't fancy waiting for it to show up on Aussie stores (if it ever does)
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Is Lynch working on something for the Z to A extras or something else?

(from the group Lynchland - David Lynch Archivist? on FB:)
David Lynch worked at Post Haste Digital yesterday (August 30th), where this picture has been taken. Post Haste Digital is a company offering post production services for audio and video. When asked by Lynchland - David Lynch Archivist what they were working on, Post Haste answered "sadly can’t say yet. Soon!" We have then no idea what David did there, but he apparently spent the whole day in this company, as this comment by Post Haste suggests :

“We had an amazing day today hosting David Lynch at Poste Haste Digital ! The power outage made it an interesting day but Mr. Lynch was gracious, understanding, and awesome! We were so impressed we made a Lynch cake as a thank you!”
Attachments
lynch.jpg
lynch.jpg (240.09 KiB) Viewed 10444 times
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Assuming this is for Z to A. I don't see Lynch personally going to a studio to do post production on just any interview or BTS stuff. Hopefully this is something more creative. I'm thinking something among the lines of the Entire Mystery's Between Two Worlds or the Log Lady intros now.

Omg, please David. Do some TP shorts. Could be anything from handheld cam filmed Odessaverse oddities, woodsmen shenanigans or even Wally Brando monologues for all I care.

[/wishful thinking]
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Imagine him doing something Inland Empire style, but in the world of Twin Peaks
I'll see you in the trees
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »