Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by N. Needleman »

^ What he said.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Naturally I agree. But, if one is truly that desperate to have some info on S4, it might be better to have an occasional imaginary deadline instead of having to hold out hope every single day. :lol:
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

Certainly Lynch said when finished the third season that if there was a fourth Season, It would four years since 2017. It would be 2021. It was said BY LYNCH.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Phillip Jeffries_40 wrote:Certainly Lynch said when finished the third season that if there was a fourth Season, It would four years since 2017. It would be 2021. It was said BY LYNCH.
I don’t have the exact quote in front of me, but I believe what he said is it would be a MINIMUM of four years. I.e., if he started writing the new season at that moment, he couldn’t complete it in less than four years.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Phillip Jeffries_40 wrote: It would four years since 2017. It would be 2021. It was said BY LYNCH.
No it was as people keep telling you. Lynch told how long it took from actual pre-production ramped up and until editing was done. He used that as saying that it would be the shortest amount of time another season could be done in - which is a looong time in TV terms. Lynch has never indicated that we should aim all of our hopes at 2021. Besides, I think what most of us would like more than any deadline, is a simple yes/no to the question "will there ever be more Twin Peaks?"
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 3.59.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 3.59.44 PM.png (54.25 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

If it's happening in 2020, whatever it is it ain't Season 4, or even a movie, or anything like it.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I don't think a series or film would leak like that, but hopefully something is planned to mark 30 years of Twin Peaks. Hopefully something we don't have to pay too much money for.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

I didn't take that tweet as suggesting that whatever comes next will air in 2020, just that the ball would start rolling on it and we'd have a lot to talk about.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jerry Horne wrote:I don't think a series or film would leak like that, but hopefully something is planned to mark 30 years of Twin Peaks. Hopefully something we don't have to pay too much money for.
Maybe it’s the Twin Peaks Game? The Vr one? Or it’s a limited theatrical release of Season 3
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I was going through the comments on the tweet. Someone asked them whether this is some kind of tour or anniversary thing and they replied saying that they wouldn’t waste time tweeting such crap.
They also have liked comments where people have asked whether this is related to Season 4. Hmm....

Also this comment on reddit:
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Well - the post does say “the future of” Twin Peaks . . . but not getting my hopes up
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Just checking in to be excited and say Arbogast, if you're out there, we love you.

As of now, if it's something so soon and not just an announcement, my bet/fantasy would be a film or short starring Sheryl Lee as Carrie Page.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Putting together a new series within 2 years sounds like an exaggeration. But a potential film sequel could be a possibility. Not getting my hopes but we'll see.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Panapaok wrote:Putting together a new series within 2 years sounds like an exaggeration. But a potential film sequel could be a possibility. Not getting my hopes but we'll see.
I don't think it's that crazy. We're just used to things moving molasses slow in regards to Twin Peaks. Most other shows/films have this kind of pre production schedules. We're just not accustomed to Lynch/Frost moving so fast, but if they are working on something, they could have been working on it for the past year and we wouldn't even know.