Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Soolsma »

BGate wrote:Some guy I just met in the grocery store told me they're actually doing 8 more seasons (Lynch will be cryogenically frozen after season 5 and then thawed out to direct the last 3)
That's fine by me as long as I get my Peaks. Here, have all my money.

So we have got the rumour mill running, but is there any substance............................?
Last edited by Soolsma on Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

bob_wooler wrote:I've watched Obnoxious and Anonymous' vlogs on Youtube over the years. I don't think he's trolling or anything like that (not since "the other half" of the duo quit, anyway). But he may get overexcited at times.
He's the one who made up the bogus thing about Showtime wanting the old cast members written out that was referenced above. And with this he's either just making shit up or he's spreading a clearly bogus rumor one of his buddies made up and told him.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

BGate wrote:Some guy I just met in the grocery store told me they're actually doing 8 more seasons (Lynch will be cryogenically frozen after season 5 and then thawed out to direct the last 3)
Scratch my previous statement about not getting hyped up!
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

BGate wrote:
bob_wooler wrote:I've watched Obnoxious and Anonymous' vlogs on Youtube over the years. I don't think he's trolling or anything like that (not since "the other half" of the duo quit, anyway). But he may get overexcited at times.
He's the one who made up the bogus thing about Showtime wanting the old cast members written out that was referenced above. And with this he's either just making shit up or he's spreading a clearly bogus rumor one of his buddies made up and told him.
Sure it's this guy though? There used to be two of them. One of them quit/got fired for being a bit "obnoxious".
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

BGate wrote:
I have a foggy memory of one of the duo actually asserting that they wanted younger actors to replace certain older actors in the same roles. As in a younger person comes in to play Audrey or something. I could be remembering this incorrectly, so don't use me as a source, but as I recall that's when people really stopped taking them seriously. I also think that this alleged recasting was asserted to be the reason that Lynch walked away. Again, I'm just going from memories from a few years back.

Now, of course the network would want new young sexy stars to come in as new characters. I'd be astonished if they didn't strongly push that particular suggestion, but even clueless network executives would understand that actually replacing a bunch of major, beloved actors with different, younger actors would cause a tremendous uproar amongst fans, not to mention accusations of sexism/ageism. That would be awful publicity.

If I'm remembering things correctly, my thought would be that the network wanted some new young characters, but through the game of telephone, these guys ended up hearing that the network wanted to recast existing characters with younger actors, which doesn't even make sense, because they'd then be the wrong ages relative to actors who hadn't been recast.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hey gang.

Nothing like rumours to bring some of us back out from hiding, huh?

Haven't been on here since 2017 (though I did lurk a few times since).

I literally just caught whiff of this news about 5 or 10 minutes ago on reddit and am still processing and going through it all. Thankfully, someone put a nice summary of the cryptic tweets and stuff on reddit and I also caught a Newsweek article, then came here. And I've just learned about a new box set limited to 25,000 copies too? Still trying to find out more about that too.

The typical life of a Twin Peaks fan - thumbleweeds for years and then a flurry of all sorts of different stuff.

(Rememebr something similar years back, before even The Return, when the Season 2 soundtrack came out, then the Gold Box Set).
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Certainly sounds embellished to the max degree. Not just throwing in with the pre-existing rumours, but expanding it to be two new seasons AND a movie, lol.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Metamorphia wrote:
Certainly sounds embellished to the max degree. Not just throwing in with the pre-existing rumours, but expanding it to be two new seasons AND a movie, lol.
He may be overexcited AND naive. But I choose to believe he's not trolling.
EDIT: He also underlines his post is to be considered a rumor.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

I'm not saying I believe this rumor. I don't.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

bob_wooler wrote:He may be overexcited AND naive. But I choose to believe he's not trolling.
"Naive" is not a word I'd ever remotely associate with that crew.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

bob_wooler wrote:
Metamorphia wrote:
He may be overexcited AND naive. But I choose to believe he's not trolling.
EDIT: He also underlines his post is to be considered a rumor.
Yeah, he could well have picked up such an embellishment from someone else. I don't really know anything about him or his character.

Either way - a lot of smoke going around with this latest rumour. Could be something, then again could just be the enlarged sum of baseless rumour (what the internet does best?)
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

I don't believe it either, but I hope it's true. Sounds like he just posted what people would want to hear....a whole lot of Twin Peaks...if it is true I will be floating on a cloud for quite some time.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

We should focus on the fact that these rumors has not been debunked by any of those close to TP/Lynch yet. Instead we get teasing tweets and insta-posts from them.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

I think there are just certain people who are quick to jump on rumors and sprinkle in their own bullshit to try and make it seem like they're part of some inner circle for attention. That's probably what's going on here with O&A, and seems to be working as intended
I'll see you in the trees
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Does the tweet by the Salish Lodge have any significance? And it being closed for 2 days when Lynch tweeted?

At most, wouldn't they just mean a promo or short doc or DVD-type special feature shot over the course of 2 days? They couldn't have started filming a movie or a new season yet BEFORE any announcement, could they? How much can be shot in 2 days?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.