Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by mtwentz »

Jonah wrote:Does the tweet by the Salish Lodge have any significance? And it being closed for 2 days when Lynch tweeted?

At most, wouldn't they just mean a promo or short doc or DVD-type special feature shot over the course of 2 days? They couldn't have started filming a movie or a new season yet BEFORE any announcement, could they? How much can be shot in 2 days?
That Salish Lodge thing may not mean anything at all.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

For people just joining the hype or thread like me, here's a summary of things so far:

Someone on reddit (u/WilsonKeel) posted this summary

"In just the last 10 days or so, we've had:

[*]David Lynch's tweet about his love for the people of the county where Twin Peaks location shooting was done.
https://twitter.com/DAVID_LYNCH/status/ ... 0893752321

[*]Hollywood Horror Museum's tweet that someone had let some very interesting information slip about Twin Peaks. (Jennifer Lynch is on the museum board.)
https://twitter.com/horrormuseum/status ... 5863024640

[*]Mark Frost's tweet about One-Eyed Jacks.
https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/1178872611276615680

[*]WeGotThisCovered's source reporting that Showtime is looking to bring back Twin Peaks in 2020.
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/showtim ... ks-season/

[*]Michael Horse's instagram of Andy encouraging Hawk not to talk.
https://instagram.com/p/B3DdOqFllAJ/

[*]Kyle MacLachlan's tweet about thinking about donuts this morning.
https://twitter.com/Kyle_MacLachlan/sta ... 0559432707

And those are just the little teases I know about; I'm sure there could be more."

And I have only a couple of more things to add to that. I'm still working my way back through this thread (I've gone 10-15 pages back but can't seem to find the beginning of when all this started) and I've found a couple of other things to add to this:

[*]Jerry Horne posted that when David Lynch tweeted his tweet about the people of King County, the Salish Lodge was closed for 2 days.
Jerry Horne wrote:I've just been tipped off the the Salish Lodge Dining Room was closed for two days 9/18-9/20. 9/18 was when the King County Tweet went out by Lynch. 9/20 was when the Salish lodge posted about feeling the Twin Peaks vibes.

Probably nothing. Right?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3613&start=690#p120587

[*]The Salish Lodge tweeted on one of those days (September 20th) that they were "feeling the Twin Peaks vibes".
https://twitter.com/SalishLodgeSpa/stat ... 7505499137

Is that pretty much everything to date? Anything I missed?
Last edited by Jonah on Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Jonah wrote:Does the tweet by the Salish Lodge have any significance? And it being closed for 2 days when Lynch tweeted?

At most, wouldn't they just mean a promo or short doc or DVD-type special feature shot over the course of 2 days? They couldn't have started filming a movie or a new season yet BEFORE any announcement, could they? How much can be shot in 2 days?
Exterior shots enough to fill a 4th season could very well have been done last time (s3) they were there. The rest of it would be done on soundstages anyway.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Jonah wrote:Someone on reddit (u/WilsonKeel) posted this summary for people just joining the hype or thread like me:

[*]David Lynch's tweet about his love for the people of the county where Twin Peaks location shooting was done.

[*]Hollywood Horror Museum's tweet that someone had let some very interesting information slip about Twin Peaks. (Jennifer Lynch is on the museum board.)

[*]Mark Frost's tweet about One-Eyed Jacks.

[*]WeGotThisCovered's source reporting that Showtime is looking to bring back Twin Peaks in 2020.

[*]Michael Horse's instagram of Andy encouraging Hawk not to talk.

[*]Kyle MacLachlan's tweet about thinking about donuts this morning.

I'm still working my way back through this thread (I've gone 10-15 pages back but can't seem to find the beginning of when all this started) and I've found a couple of other things to add to this:

[*]Jerry Horne posted that when David Lynch tweeted his tweet about the people of King County, the Salish Lodge was closed for 2 days.

[*]The Salish Lodge tweeted on one of those days (September 20th) that they were "feeling the Twin Peaks vibes".

Is that pretty much everything to date? Anything I missed?

(In middle of editing this post to include links.)
I suppose if you were to be really cynical, all the subsequent rumour read-ins could just be piggybacks from the original source which was Lynch (seemingly) randomly tweeting about King County - which ultimately turned out to be about a new film/TV production initiative in the area? It all started with that Lynch tweet.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

I wonder if Dukes knows anything. He had his finger on the pulse a bit back during S3, at least regarding Ontkean. Though, understandably he might not want to pry and put people in uncomfortable positions.

Also, what’s the eta on that Obnoxious and Anonymous rumour/probable fiction being repackaged and telephoned across a dozen websites pretending they have their own sources?

Anyway, let’s all do our best to ignore the white noise when it comes to these rumours, and await any kind of credible website second sourcing it, whether a Deadline, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, TVline (I remember them being pretty good with leaks), etc. Because as of right now, all this shit just originates back to the Museum tweets. Particularly looking at the “We Got You Covered” article which is clearly click bait based off of those tweets: no added credibility.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I don't like piling on O&A since they are not able to post here to defend themselves/himself, so I humbly suggest we stop talking about them/him. There is no reason to believe his rumor is well sourced.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Rudagger wrote: I wonder if Dukes knows anything. He had his finger on the pulse a bit back during S3, at least regarding Ontkean. Though, understandably he might not want to pry and put people in uncomfortable positions.
Specifically, Brad knew before anyone else that Ontkean would not be in S3 and he specifically put that info out there because posters on dugpa had thought they had a verified sighting of Ontkean on the set. He was trying to let us down easy rather than finding out weeks or months later that Ontkean would not be in it.

Other than that, I don't think Brad put any inside info on the general forum.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

If they are coming back for a movie or another season, I wonder if Ontkean will be involved this time (or any of the others who weren't last time).
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Remember... The message Garland left... Jack Rabbit's Palace, at 2:53, on 10/1 and 10/2.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

If something is up, I'll be shocked if we hear before Friday or Monday.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

thedougpa wrote:Remember... The message Garland left... Jack Rabbit's Palace, at 2:53, on 10/1 and 10/2.
And everyone has started tweeting on 10/1. Well, Kyle anyway. That's a big one.

(Did Hawk tweet on 10/1 or 30th September?)

Anyway, if there is going to be some announcement, I reckon it will be today. 10/1.

(Not sure I remember the 10/2 bit in the show?)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

N. Needleman wrote:If something is up, I'll be shocked if we hear before Friday or Monday.
Is there a significance to Friday or Monday or just more likely days for big news announcements? (Or anniversary of 2016 announcement?)
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

I'll say this...if indeed there are seasons 4 and 5, I would imagine it would be the same amount of episodes as season 3, just split into two. Giving Showtime a chance to milk it over a longer period of time. No one does 18 episodes of a season anymore, except on broadcast. But if they have a similar number of episodes planned, Showtime would want to maximize that hype and stretch it out.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Jonah wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:If something is up, I'll be shocked if we hear before Friday or Monday.
Is there a significance to Friday or Monday or just more likely days for big news announcements? (Or anniversary of 2016 announcement?)
Sunday is the anniversary.
Friday is the classic big news dump day.
Teasing it and dropping the reveal on Monday, however, would fit the pattern they used last time.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

N. Needleman wrote:
Jonah wrote:
Sunday is the anniversary.
Friday is the classic big news dump day.
Teasing it and dropping the reveal on Monday, however, would fit the pattern they used last time.
Ah ok. That all makes sense.

Do you personally think there could be anything to do the 2.53 10/1 thing? (Or 10/2?) (What was the actual reference again?)