Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Panapaok wrote:I mean, let's be realistic here guys. Whatever happens (if it happens at all), Lynch will direct every single second of it.
Yeah, after all the comments he’s made the last couple of years about his regrets from the original run, there’s no way he puts his baby into anyone else’s hands again.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Noah Hawkley Comes to my mind
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

Cappy wrote:
Jonah wrote:Also, I'm going to be alone on this one (probably) but something else I'd be down for would be Showtime launching a new season (or seasons) and Lynch being in control of the first episode or "pilot" and filming that, then taking a back seat as an executive, with Mark Frost or others taking charge as showrunners, and Lynch frequently popping back up to write/direct other episodes. Much like the original run. I just feel that that's the only way a new season of TP could get on the air sooner (if Lynch just filmed one episode and a team was in charge of additional episodes).
I'd actually be happy with something along these lines, sort of like how they did Season 1 and the first third or so of Season 2. Maybe Lynch could direct the really important episodes and co-write a few scripts with Frost. I'd say he could even handpick or oversee any other directors on the show, but I don't know how involved with that he'd want to be.
No, no, no. Never.

I used to stop watching after episode 16 and then switch immediately to episode 29. But a couple of years ago I decided to throw all non-Lynch episodes in the garbage.

When I get in the mood for a rewatch of S3, I start with the pilot, followed by ep2, ep8, ep9, ep14, ep29 and FWWM+missing pieces. That's it.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Panapaok wrote:I mean, let's be realistic here guys. Whatever happens (if it happens at all), Lynch will direct every single second of it.
Yeah, after all the comments he’s made the last couple of years about his regrets from the original run, there’s no way he puts his baby into anyone else’s hands again.
Along those lines, you hear every once in a while, 'well if they'd only put Peyton and Engels to co-writing Season 3...'

As if Peyton and Engels would somehow turn Lynch's work on Twin Peaks into something more along the lines of Season 1 Twin Peaks.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Just... more music please. Not more Roadhouse, but Badalamenti! Other than that, no wishes.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

krishnanspace wrote:Noah Hawkley Comes to my mind
Sorry, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with Hawley and cringed at reading his name. I love much of Fargo, but as far as being the real deal, well, he's a total fraud, fake-weird. His new debut movie, Lucy in the Sky, is getting absolutely demolished by critics for all the reasons that I have been talking badly about the guy for the past couple years. A lot of surface there with very little real substance, and I always feel he's trying way too hard.

I agree with others that it's a moot point. If this is happening, Lynch will once again assume full control over the direction of the project. He wouldn't let it happen any other way after crafting his perfect ending to season 3.
Last edited by LateReg on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

LateReg wrote:
Sorry, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with Hawley and cringed at reading his name. I love much of Fargo, but as far as being the real deal, well, he's a total fraud, fake-weird. His new debut movie, Lucy in the Sky, is getting absolutely demolished by critics for all the reasons that I have been talking badly about the guy for the past couple years. A lot of surface there with very little real substance.

I agree with others that it's a moot point. If this is happening, Lynch will once again assume full control over the direction of the project. He wouldn't let it happen any other way after crafting his perfect ending to season 3.
Yeah, that guy is awful.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:Just... more music please. Not more Roadhouse, but Badalamenti! Other than that, no wishes.
And the pacing should be like Fire Walk With Me
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Soolsma wrote:Just... more music please. Not more Roadhouse, but Badalamenti! Other than that, no wishes.
I think I was more satisfied than most at the Badalamenti music. There weren't a whole lot of new compositions but I really loved the new music that we did get.

As for the Roadhouse bands...the Chromatics were perfection. Most of the rest felt like filler to me and didn't really fit into the show that well.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

'No stars' is the most beautiful song I ever heard.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yeah, agreed. Angelo's new material was mesmerising but I would love more this time around.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
mickeyfickey
Roadhouse Member

Post by mickeyfickey »

The silence of those involved is providing the most telling indicator that something is in the works, next to Horse's instagram.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Metamorphia wrote:
LateReg wrote:
Sorry, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with Hawley and cringed at reading his name. I love much of Fargo, but as far as being the real deal, well, he's a total fraud, fake-weird. His new debut movie, Lucy in the Sky, is getting absolutely demolished by critics for all the reasons that I have been talking badly about the guy for the past couple years. A lot of surface there with very little real substance.

Yeah, that guy is awful.
Bollocks. Fargo the Series is a masterpiece, one of the milestones of the current television.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Agent Earle wrote:
Metamorphia wrote:
LateReg wrote:

Yeah, that guy is awful.
Bollocks. Fargo the Series is a masterpiece, one of the milestones of the current television.
I'm totally fine with Fargo, though Season 3 showed too many of the seams of its imitation. I appreciated them trying to do something different with every episode in that season, but I also felt how hard they were trying. Still, I think season 3 has been underrated and its loads of fun. My fault with Hawley mainly lies with Legion.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Agent Earle wrote:
Disagree, "Fargo" didn't innovate anything. Hawley isn't a bad storyteller, he just have yet to reveal a great story under his name that isn't built on something borrowed.