Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JohnGSmoke »

JohnGSmoke wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I have a complete set of original scripts from S1 & S2 and not a single one has that printed on it.
Thanks for the heads up. I just seen it on tweeter so I thought I’d share it with the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Most of these websites use cookies to store user preferences thats why you would be seeing the related Twin Peaks article. If someone else opens that page, they may not see the link to the other article. Or their system works on tags, so articles tagged with Twin Peaks would show up next to each other
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

One thing I have noticed, Mark Frost has been tweeting non-stop everyday for quite a while. Dont know where he gets the time to write a Season 4
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

krishnanspace wrote:One thing I have noticed, Mark Frost has been tweeting non-stop everyday for quite a while. Dont know where he gets the time to write a Season 4
Maybe he has time because he's finished writing Season 4.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

ManBehindWinkies wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:One thing I have noticed, Mark Frost has been tweeting non-stop everyday for quite a while. Dont know where he gets the time to write a Season 4
Maybe he has time because he's finished writing Season 4.
Hmm... or him tweeting is some kind of bot or some PR doing it to show us that he is not occupied with something else
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Good grief. People can write and tweet. Not everything is a profound hint. Chill out.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

N. Needleman wrote:Good grief. People can write and tweet. Not everything is a profound hint. Chill out.
He tweets about every hour. How is he able to concentrate on writing? I wonder
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

krishnanspace wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:Good grief. People can write and tweet. Not everything is a profound hint. Chill out.
He tweets about every hour. How is he able to concentrate on writing? I wonder
As a writer and someone who knows other writers, some thrive on distraction to maintain long-form concentration. Some do this without any doubt to its correctitude; I myself am more conservative about it and feel one should eliminate all distractions ... but that said, I sometimes find myself distracting myself (like posting this for instance :o ) once I hit what's known as 'psychological flow', and it doesn't break the flow. I've timed myself; my output doesn't really differ either way.

EDIT: I suppose this is more asking how him and Lynch could skype it out, but my impression based on a few things Frost has said is that some parts of S3 were more or less written by the other, and I have a hunch he does the final technical editing.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I write for a living. We can do plenty and still write. Basing his (or anyone's) work output on their social media presence is very silly and presumptuous.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Agreed. And, while it's one thing to note that someone tweets a lot (which doesn't matter anyway as people can take a lot of breaks from writing and still write a lot), it's really going into Conspiracy Land to say someone might have a bot or PR person tweeting for them so as to give the illusion they're not preoccupied writing. Come on, no offense, but that's ridiculous level conspiracy stuff. I mean, next we'll be wondering if Annie Wilkes is going to chain Lynch and Frost up to write Season 4!

Meanwhile....

Still within Conspiracy Land a bit granted, but a bit more grounded, in that it's about suggestive social media posts, things seem to have gotten quieter. But there were a couple of more little things. I thought someone else might have posted them here, but it seems not. Again, these are things that could be clues but could also just as likely be random and meaningless. I won't bother posting pics and links. I will just summarise and say: The guy who played the Disc Jockey in part 8 posted a pic on his instagram of him holding a donut and raising a finger to his mouth in a shushing motion. Is it TP-related? Maybe. There's also a photo of him at the gym, so it could just be about breaking his diet or work out. Most likely, it's just an actor who's not in the know having some fun with the rumors. And then, under the iconic photo of the 6 on the telephone/electricity pole that someone else posted, actor George Griffith (Ray) posted what looks to be a "bulls eye" symbol. People on reddit seem to think this means there will be an announcement on October 6th of this year (and Obnoxious and Anonymous tweeted out that they think it means October 6th, 2020).
Last edited by Jonah on Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

The guy who played the Disc Jockey in part 8 posted a pic on his instagram of him holding a donut and raising a finger to his mouth in a shushing motion. Is it TP-related? Maybe. There's also a photo of him at the gym, so it could just be about breaking his diet or work out.
They want to turn us all into Coincidence Theorists, man :!: :!: :?
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

krishnanspace wrote:Most of these websites use cookies to store user preferences thats why you would be seeing the related Twin Peaks article. If someone else opens that page, they may not see the link to the other article. Or their system works on tags, so articles tagged with Twin Peaks would show up next to each other
These are "related articles" - type of links, they're not necessarily cookie based. At least not both of them.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I have a funny feeling things are going to quiet down now for a period of time. I just don't see an announcement this side of the year.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

sneakydave wrote:I have a funny feeling things are going to quiet down now for a period of time. I just don't see an announcement this side of the year.
If there's nothing today or Monday, I'm going to assume there probably won't be anything until next year. But I suppose an announcement could come at any time.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

LOL, good luck trying to get fans to chill out with the speculation.