David Lynch Lime Green Box Set Discussion

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Re: David Lynch Lime Green Box Set Discussion

Post by Pete Martell »

I hope that the FWWM deleted scenes wil be of better quality than the WAH ones,hearing DL saying they were 'funky'.Does it mean that they didn't bother to make an extensive restoration of the scenes?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

They restored the sound but the prints have some dirt and flaws. Still very watchable and extremely enjoyable.

Also, I updated the review. It turns out that I didn't get the final version of the Box Set. The final retail version of the box set has all the MGM extras on the Blue Velvet disc. Mine didn't which I believe is the reason for the delay in the release date.
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

Amazon sent an email to say my Lime Green Set has shipped.
"Look at the light climbing up the aerial"
Coop

Post by Coop »

You have no information about the subtitles (if there are any)?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Here's the rest of the discs subtitle info. Most of them have none.

Blue Velvet Subtitles:
English, Spanish, French, Portuguese

Wild at Heart:
English, Spanish, French

Eraserhead:
None

Short Films:
None

Elephant Man:
English

Elephant Man Extras:
None

Dumbland:
None
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

My Lime Green set arrived and I LOVE it. The packaging's beautiful and I wasn't prepared for how thrilled I'd be with the matching discs.

Amazon graciously shrinkwrapped it to a board instead of using those useless bags of air that burst and offer no protection whatsoever so even the box arrived unscathed.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

So what do you think so far of the Extras?

-B
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

I sat and watched the Wild At Heart deleted scenes this afternoon. I wasn't mad about the scenes with Reggie and Dropshadow but other than that they were fantastic. The absolute highlight of the Lime Green Set for me is Marietta saying "He is pure slime and he's leakin' all over my baby". I heart Diane Ladd. It's a shame the scene showing Lula and Pace driving to meet Sailor was cut because it's very sweet. And maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of Grindhouse DVDs lately but I didn't mind the funky picture quality at all. If push came to shove I'd settle for the FWWM deleted scenes sans prohibitively expensive tweaking. Anything to liberate them from the clutches of MK2...

My second favourite feature is the 2008 Twin Peaks Festival introduction, which is beautiful and strangely touching. I started watching the A Real Indication video but got bored after thirty seconds and when I put the Industrial Symphony disc in and The World Spins started playing I got a warm feeling in my belly. Looking at the titles on the spine actually made me feel quite sentimental.

With expedited shipping and import duties the Lime Green Set cost a lot of money, but it's worth every penny.

jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Christian1989 wrote:
neverwakingworld wrote:do you think Lynch One, Two and Three will be on future box sets they would probably be in the same box set as Inland Empire
I've noticed people been talking about Lynch (three). I've seen (one) and (two), but I haven't even heard about the third one. Is it confirmed or is it just a dream that hasn't come true (yet)?
I'm with you on this one, Christian. I heard people mentioning Lynch (three) a year ago, and I was like "what are you talking about?"

As far as I know, there has never been ANY discussion of a Lynch (three). I think something was misreported or misread at some point and it's just stuck around.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Dugpa, can you confirm that the Industrial Symphony no. 1 interviews are the "A Conversation with David Lynch, Angelo Badalamenti, and Julee Cruise" piece from Warner Reprise Home Video (1990)? Would be great if it was the whole thing. This was included on some VHS copies of IS#1. If it is the piece, it'd start out saying the "A Conversations with..." title, and end with the copyright info.

The version I've seen is 10 minutes and 30 seconds long. (I've also seen it reported as being 60 minutes, but I think that's just incorrect, unless there are two versions of this piece.)

This is the only version I've ever seen:
http://www.davidlynch.de/industry.wmv

It this is the same thing, you might want to add that to your writeup, just to clarify.

Would also like to see comparisons of the widescreen and 4x3 version of IS#1. Are they just cropping off the top and bottom of the 4x3 version to get the widescreen?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Yes, it is the "A Conversation with David Lynch, Angelo Badalamenti, and Julee Cruise" from the old Warner Bros. VHS tape. Running time is 10 minutes 40 seconds. The widescreen looks to be a cropped 4:3. Although, I haven't had much time to really compare the two versions but that is what I felt at first glance.

I updated the review to add the Warner Bros. reference to the Interviews.

-B
doublemain
Roadhouse Member

Post by doublemain »

jlyon1515 wrote:
Christian1989 wrote:
neverwakingworld wrote:do you think Lynch One, Two and Three will be on future box sets they would probably be in the same box set as Inland Empire
I've noticed people been talking about Lynch (three). I've seen (one) and (two), but I haven't even heard about the third one. Is it confirmed or is it just a dream that hasn't come true (yet)?
I'm with you on this one, Christian. I heard people mentioning Lynch (three) a year ago, and I was like "what are you talking about?"

As far as I know, there has never been ANY discussion of a Lynch (three). I think something was misreported or misread at some point and it's just stuck around.
well, I guess you didn't buy Lynch (one) DVD released by Absurda ? There's a lynch (three) trailer where we get to see Lynch singing a bit of "Ghost of Love" in the studio, and at the end, it says something like "coming in 2008".
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

doublemain wrote:
jlyon1515 wrote:

well, I guess you didn't buy Lynch (one) DVD released by Absurda ? There's a Lynch (three) trailer where we get to see Lynch singing a bit of "Ghost of Love" in the studio, and at the end, it says something like "coming in 2008".
Ahh, I see. I only say Lynch (one) and Lynch (two) in theaters, so I never heard anything about Lynch (three). So this Lynch (three), am I to assume that it is created from the same footage that one and two were created from? Can you tell by the trailer?
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

Deleted.
Last edited by Christian1989 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Only English on the new discs and the same as the previous releases for the studio discs.

-B