Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Metamorphia »

Agent Earle wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:
As for Kimmy, most of the actors were the last to know on Season 3. IIRC they were literally calling each other begging for news on the day it broke to the press. As of now we still know nothing.
Yeah, we know nothing. As we knew nothing since S3 went off the air. The point is, completely nothing has changed all this time, except that a bunch of bozos who claimed to be "in the know" had had their little fart on social media, and had enjoyed their measly seconds in the semi-public limelight. Woe unto poor fools who believed them - and I mean no disrespect, I was one of them for a few moments. Vincent Price & David Lynch my ass.
It's certainly very very tenuous stuff even to begin with. Basically just a tweet from a Twitter account. Not like we have a blurry location snap of DL in his cap and beige pants, megaphone in hand, directing a shadowy suited figure somewhere.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Metamorphia wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:
As for Kimmy, most of the actors were the last to know on Season 3. IIRC they were literally calling each other begging for news on the day it broke to the press. As of now we still know nothing.
Yeah, we know nothing. As we knew nothing since S3 went off the air. The point is, completely nothing has changed all this time, except that a bunch of bozos who claimed to be "in the know" had had their little fart on social media, and had enjoyed their measly seconds in the semi-public limelight. Woe unto poor fools who believed them - and I mean no disrespect, I was one of them for a few moments. Vincent Price & David Lynch my ass.
It's certainly very very tenuous stuff even to begin with. Basically just a tweet from a Twitter account. Not like we have a blurry location snap of DL in his cap and beige pants, megaphone in hand, directing a shadowy suited figure somewhere.
That's why I find it astounding that so many - more or less reliable - news sites had picked it up and ran with it, creating a minor media storm that lasted for a few days!..
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Agent Earle wrote:
Metamorphia wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
That's why I find it astounding that so many - more or less reliable - news sites had picked it up and ran with it, creating a minor media storm that lasted for a few days!..
To be fair, that second article (can't remember which was second) stated that their source is the same one that has given them the (correct) inside scoops in the past. So, their source could actually be different from the horror tweet.

Personally, I still think there's something to these rumors for a variety of reasons, but I'm also not getting my hopes up.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

If HHM was talking utterly out of its ass I feel confident Lynch, Frost and/or Sabrina Sutherland would've shut that shit down by the time it made major outlets if not before. They've done nothing for a reason.

Any other alleged sources have very poor track records and should not be taken seriously.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

:|
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (150.5 KiB) Viewed 8656 times
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

4 years already- crazy!
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Chromatics Instragram post, also from today.

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

4 fingers = 4th Season?
If Kimmy doesn’t know about Season 4 no way Chromatics would know about it
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Au contraire. In a hypothetical scenario where something was being worked on, it is more likely that people who are about to compose the musical score would need to be brought in much earlier. I do find the photo intriguing nonetheless. :mrgreen:
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Wow. Not only does Mary Reber live in the Palmer house. She's a Twin Peaks fan too.

Can you imagine. Having to pass that ceiling fan on your way upstairs every night. I'd go absolutely nuts.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Today is 10/10 and David Lynch loves the number 10, the number of completion. So let's see if he posts anything today.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote:Today is 10/10 and David Lynch loves the number 10, the number of completion. So let's see if he posts anything today.
I won't be holding my breath, unfortunately. My belief is starting to wane.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
mickeyfickey
Roadhouse Member

Post by mickeyfickey »

thedougpa wrote:Chromatics Instragram post, also from today.

Has this been shared before? And why don't I see it on their instagram feed?
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

sneakydave wrote:
Jonah wrote:Today is 10/10 and David Lynch loves the number 10, the number of completion. So let's see if he posts anything today.
Keep hope alive!

I won't be holding my breath, unfortunately. My belief is starting to wane.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

mickeyfickey wrote:
thedougpa wrote:Chromatics Instragram post, also from today.

Has this been shared before? And why don't I see it on their instagram feed?
I don't recall seeing that before. Instagram stories disappear after 24 hours.