Official Season Two/Gold Box release in UK/Ireland Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Official Season Two/Gold Box release in UK/Ireland Thread

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

... is this destined to be our version of waiting years for the pilot release over in the States?

From a recent article with Lynch about the Eraserhead re-release, though mind you, it's clear they didn't actually ask him this:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 25395.html
'His love for meditation earns Lynch the "wacko", "weirdo" and "nutcake" tags as much as his films do, but for a man so obviously at one with the world, however troubling and bizarre that world may be, it clearly makes sense. His British followers, though, have their minds on rather more pressing, Earthly matters right now, such as when ' if ever ' we will get the second season of Twin Peaks on DVD.'
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Re: STILL waiting for official season two release in UK\Ireland

Post by eyeboogers »

I really don't understand the signifigance of this, apart from fewer new U.K residents being exposed to the show. Why can't you just order any of the many other R2 editions???
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Oh, don't get me wrong, the diehards will import... and I have done! :) Just a shame, and a little odd, it's easily available everywhere else in Europe.
-- Gerry

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

They-Shot-Waldo! wrote:it's easily available everywhere else in Europe.
Not everywhere. In Poland TP series is not avaliable at all. Season 1 has subtitles for many european languages except polish. The same is with Gold Box. Sad... :(
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

qbin2001 wrote: Not everywhere. In Poland TP series is not avaliable at all. Season 1 has subtitles for many european languages except polish. The same is with Gold Box. Sad... :(
That monumentally SUCKS!!!!!!! :shock:
-- Gerry

DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

I imported the R1 season 2 box set and the Gold Box and I'll buy the Lime Green Set when that's released later this year. I'd forgotten season 2 hadn't been released over here. It's been something like seven years since season one was released in the UK. I think most people gave up and a) bought an import or b) downloaded the episodes illegally years ago.

Until next year then?
"Look at the light climbing up the aerial"
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

This morning as I was battling my way through crowds of Christmas shoppers in HMV I came across a small mountain of reissued season one box sets. It's now packaged like the US season two set (three thin cases in a slipcase) and a CBS DVD logo has been added to the packaging.

Since there was no mention of CBS on the previous packaging the rights must have changed hands recently. If CBS is allowing Universal to distribute season one in the UK there's no reason they shouldn't also be able to release season two. I don't think it'll be long before season two comes out over here and my money's on it being a port of the R1 release.

I just thought I'd mention it incase there's anybody who's still waiting for season two six years after the first season was released.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

DigitalGhost wrote:I imported the R1 season 2 box set and the Gold Box and I'll buy the Lime Green Set when that's released later this year. I'd forgotten season 2 hadn't been released over here. It's been something like seven years since season one was released in the UK. I think most people gave up and a) bought an import or b) downloaded the episodes illegally years ago.

Until next year then?
Don't forget that Season 2 wasn't officially released even in the US until 2007.Although,it's no excuse for not releasing it in the UK considering that 2009 is approaching.
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

I remember going into HMV the day season one went on sale in the UK, expecting season two to be out within six months! Thank God I didn't know then that I'd have a five year wait before I could even buy a R1 import...
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

DigitalGhost wrote:This morning as I was battling my way through crowds of Christmas shoppers in HMV I came across a small mountain of reissued season one box sets. It's now packaged like the US season two set (three thin cases in a slipcase) and a CBS DVD logo has been added to the packaging.

Since there was no mention of CBS on the previous packaging the rights must have changed hands recently. If CBS is allowing Universal to distribute season one in the UK there's no reason they shouldn't also be able to release season two. I don't think it'll be long before season two comes out over here and my money's on it being a port of the R1 release.

I just thought I'd mention it incase there's anybody who's still waiting for season two six years after the first season was released.
Same over here in Ireland, specifically in the store I was in on Grafton Street! It's so incredible seeing shiney new boxes with Laura's portrait peeping out amongst all the Christmas bargains - and so many of them too! I'm half tempted to buy one, my old set is in bits. I wonder does it have the re-mastered pilot?

I'd be amazed if there wasn't anything heard by February or March on an official season two release by CBS at last - any word dugpa?
-- Gerry

dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Still nothing at the moment. Believe me once I hear anything at all, I will post it. :)
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

They-Shot-Waldo! wrote:
DigitalGhost wrote:This morning as I was battling my way through crowds of Christmas shoppers in HMV I came across a small mountain of reissued season one box sets. It's now packaged like the US season two set (three thin cases in a slipcase) and a CBS DVD logo has been added to the packaging.

Same over here in Ireland, specifically in the store I was in on Grafton Street! It's so incredible seeing shiney new boxes with Laura's portrait peeping out amongst all the Christmas bargains - and so many of them too! I'm half tempted to buy one, my old set is in bits. I wonder does it have the re-mastered pilot?

I'd be amazed if there wasn't anything heard by February or March on an official season two release by CBS at last - any word dugpa?

I've had a feeling something's imminent for a while now - since season two was released in France. I don't think we'll get the Gold Box but at the end of the day you can buy the German R2 set from Amazon, Ebay, CD Wow... It's just the principle of the thing.

The new season one set's identical to the old one with the same graphics and same contents. The only difference is the discs are in cases rather than trays. The inlays for the cases have Laura wrapped in plastic on the front and the pictures of Cooper, Truman and Donna on the back.

One thing I've noticed over the years is, you can go into a shop and see ten Twin Peaks box sets and a week later they're all gone. Unless staff in search of offbeat thrills are moving them from the shelves to the store room and back again they must sell extremely well. The new sets were stacked in a tower on the stairs in HMV and there was a lot of them. By now there must be many, many people who bought season one and are now waiting for the second season to be released on DVD.
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Listing on the HMV site (with graphic) - no release date, but I think that much bodes well:
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=767729
-- Gerry

WaveCrest

Region 2 release for Gold boxset?

Post by WaveCrest »

I was realy not sure whether to post this in an existing thread about the A Slice of Lynch documentary in the Gold boxset (it's about the location of the documentary, the existing thread).

This could be nothing as good as the Gold boxset but I thought I'd share something I saw on the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) website earlier this week:

Here in the UK, on the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) website a listing was added to the DVD and Video section this week. Called "A Slice of Lynch". It was given a 15 certficate. When I looked at the details of this DVD extra I found they looked almost identical to the extras in the Gold boxset, with the exception of the VHS quality deleted scenes and Log Lady intros.

The total length of the extras is 208 minutes and the consuner advice given is "contains moderate violence and horror". The extras under the title "A Slice of Lynch" are (because I can't see a proper URL link going directly to the BBFC page) :

A Slice of Lynch
Secrets from Another Place - Creating Twin Peaks
(Saturday Night Live - Monologue with Kyle McLachlan)
(Saturday Night Live - Twin Peaks Sketch)
The Twin Peaks Festival - Return to Twin Peaks
(Interactive Map - Point 1 - Town Sign)
(Interactive Map - Point 2 - Packard Lodge)
(Interactive Map - Point 3 - Laura's Log)
(Interactive Map - Point 4 - Packard Saw Mill / Sheriff Station )
(Interactive Map - Point 5 - The Great Northern)
(Interactive Map - Point 6 - Ronette's Bridge)
(Interactive Map - Point 7 - Double R Diner)
(Interactive Map - Point 8 - The Roadhouse)
(The Black Lodge Archive - On-Air Promos / Spots)
(1-900 Hotline)
(Lucy Bumpers)
(Georgia Coffee Commercials).
WaveCrest

Re: Official Season Two/Gold Box release in UK/Ireland Thread

Post by WaveCrest »

It's a really handy website the BBFC website, as you can find out about releases happening in the coming months.

Somebody did beat me to it, posting the first hint at a UK release of the Gold boxset (the post with the HMV listing), although I haven't clicked on the linked page yet.

For all we know it could be a UK release of Season 2 from Universal with the Gold boxset extras. They released Season 1 over here so they must still own the UK DVD distribution rights for Twin Peaks.