Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by N. Needleman »

Nothing has changed for me. I'm in the same place I've been since September two years ago. Expectant of more at some point, pragmatic above all.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

N. Needleman wrote:Nothing has changed for me. I'm in the same place I've been since September two years ago. Expectant of more at some point, pragmatic above all.
That's a good outlook to have. I just hope they don't wait too long.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

I've never expected more, but I'm choosing to believe there's something of substance behind the rumor, because why not.
I'll see you in the trees
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I still feel something is being cooked up by Lynch and Frost. Things have gone quiet but this doesn't surprise me as I think.the original tweet from HHM alluded to an announcement next year.

Frost's tweet about hoping it (whatever it was) wasn't the end of something but at the beginning of something new is the one I cling onto. I know it could mean a lot of things not Peaks related but the timing of it with all the rumours stood out to me.

My thinking being that they are maybe working behind the scenes negotiating with showtime to get a project off the ground. Someone caught wind of this and leaked it to the HHM.

That's my 'dream' anyway.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

sneakydave wrote:I still feel something is being cooked up by Lynch and Frost. Things have gone quiet but this doesn't surprise me as I think.the original tweet from HHM alluded to an announcement next year.

Frost's tweet about hoping it (whatever it was) wasn't the end of something but at the beginning of something new is the one I cling onto. I know it could mean a lot of things not Peaks related but the timing of it with all the rumours stood out to me.

My thinking being that they are maybe working behind the scenes negotiating with showtime to get a project off the ground. Someone caught wind of this and leaked it to the HHM.

That's my 'dream' anyway.
That all sounds likely enough to me, not just wishful thinking. It could even be a new series with Showtime that's based on or has elements of Twin Peaks, perhaps with the Carrie Page character. It probably is more Twin Peaks, but it could always be another project, with TP elements or not.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I still think something is going on, but we won't know until next year.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I don't know about you all, but this sure as heck seems like Frost is confirming the rumours to me. At least at first glance. Then I calmed down a little and realized he might just be being playful with the whole "the owls are not what they seem" thing. But, come on, he knows about the rumours. This is beyond teasing. And a couple of days ago he said "time flies in these old woods".
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (27.07 KiB) Viewed 10899 times
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

He wasn't tweeting the owl stuff earlier as far as I remember. Its only after the rumors that he had been tweeting them.Something is cooking
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

How much does Frost typically tweet about Peaks?
I wouldn't really know, I'm not brave enough to wade through his 500-a-day tweets about US politics, but not that much, I'm guessing?
I'll see you in the trees
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

He's been tweeting about it a lot lately, sharing posts about his TP book, retweeting Kyle MacLachlan. He retweets that 41Strange account a lot, once before about an owl and other things. Recently he retweeted Kyle putting up an article about TP filming locations, an anniversary tweet about his TP book (go back one page on this thread to see it) where he said "time flies in THESE old woods", and then this latest tweet. I don't know if he tweeted about TP much before all this, but he has to be aware of the rumours and knows tweets like this will be interpreted as meaning more by fans. So either something is percolating or he's mildly trolling. And, yes, it could just be a simple tweet about an owl too. But I think he knows what he's doing and it's more than that.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Dude, just stop. If you wanna say it's him subtly winking to people, okay, I don't buy it but that's fine. But to say that it's "confirmation" of a new season? Confirmation is a press release, not an offhand joke on twitter about the show he's famous for that he's probably tweeted about eight million times in the past two years.
Last edited by BGate on Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Edit - I discovered the ignore list again so I'm going to disengage.
Attachments
twinpeaks-3x01-0234.jpg
twinpeaks-3x01-0234.jpg (23.25 KiB) Viewed 10730 times
Last edited by Jonah on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jonah wrote:
BGate wrote:Dude, just stop. If you wanna say it's him subtly winking to people, okay, I don't buy it but that's fine. But to say that it's "confirmation" of a new season? Confirmation is a press release, not an offhand joke on twitter about the show he's famous for that he's probably tweeted about eight million times in the past two years.
First of all, don't tell me to stop. I'll post when and what I want.
Second of all, I never said it was confirmation of a new season. I said at first glance it seemed to me that this was Frost confirming the rumours. I never said it was confirmation of a new season. And I noted that it could be a hint/tease, or an innocent tweet, but I felt it was more, given that Frost is aware of the rumours. I strongly suggest you re-read my comments in future, especially if you plan on replying to me in such a combative manner.
No, Jonah, don't stop. It's great to have you back on these boards, stimulating discussions and debates!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

mtwentz wrote: No, Jonah, don't stop. It's great to have you back on these boards, stimulating discussions and debates!
Thanks mtwentz. That's nice to hear!
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

BGate wrote:Dude, just stop. If you wanna say it's him subtly winking to people, okay, I don't buy it but that's fine. But to say that it's "confirmation" of a new season? Confirmation is a press release, not an offhand joke on twitter about the show he's famous for that he's probably tweeted about eight million times in the past two years.
Jonah please continue what you do, it saves me a lot of time looking for clues having you on the case.

BGate...while I agree that the Frost tweet looks like it means nothing. I don't agree with your rude attitude.

#Jonahdon'tstop
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.