Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

Jonah wrote:
TwinsPeak wrote:
Jonah please continue what you do, it saves me a lot of time looking for clues having you on the case.

#Jonahdon'tstop
Thanks, TwinsPeak!
I'm actually trying not to post every little clue I see, though I can understand how it may look like I jump on things that aren't clues and read too much into them. But really I don't post everything I find or see. And that Frost tweet still looks like something to me. I mean, if the rumours weren't a thing, then it probably wouldn't. But looking at it within the context of the rumours, that Frost is certainly aware of and were spreading like wildfire across social media a week back (to the point that a GOT actress was tweeting "More Twin Peaks please" and places like Indiewire and AVClub were posting articles about it), for Frost not to shoot down the rumours and then to tweet something like this, or the "time flies in these old woods" yesterday, or retweeting Kyle's TP location post. And several more tweets I can't remember now, when he knows fans will interperet these things as meaning more, I think that's quite telling. And he doesn't strike me as someone to stir the pot unless there is something in the pot or the possibility that something will be in the pot! Either way, I definitely initially read it as him confirming or heavily winking at the rumours. On reflection, I wasn't entirely sure (and that's probably the point of a post like this - it can seem innocent or hinting), and still am not. But I got quite excited when I first saw it!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Jonah wrote:
Jonah wrote:
TwinsPeak wrote:
Jonah please continue what you do, it saves me a lot of time looking for clues having you on the case.

#Jonahdon'tstop
Thanks, TwinsPeak!
I'm actually trying not to post every little clue I see, though I can understand how it may look like I jump on things that aren't clues and read too much into them. But really I don't post everything I find or see. And that Frost tweet still looks like something to me. I mean, if the rumours weren't a thing, then it probably wouldn't. But looking at it within the context of the rumours, that Frost is certainly aware of and were spreading like wildfire across social media a week back (to the point that a GOT actress was tweeting "More Twin Peaks please" and places like Indiewire and AVClub were posting articles about it), for Frost not to shoot down the rumours and then to tweet something like this, or the "time flies in these old woods" yesterday, or retweeting Kyle's TP location post. And several more tweets I can't remember now, when he knows fans will interperet these things as meaning more, I think that's quite telling. And he doesn't strike me as someone to stir the pot unless there is something in the pot or the possibility that something will be in the pot! Either way, I definitely initially read it as him confirming or heavily winking at the rumours. On reflection, I wasn't entirely sure (and that's probably the point of a post like this - it can seem innocent or hinting), and still am not. But I got quite excited when I first saw it!

It is what it seems.....
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Looking on Twitter, it seems quite a few people have jumped to the same conclusion, responding to Frost's owl tweet with Season 4 questions and "it is happening again" TP posts.

I don't think we're going to get much more now in the way of tongue-in-cheek social media posts until an official announcement (if there's one/if anything is even happening).
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
TheGum
RR Diner Member

Post by TheGum »

I’ve been lurking for a few weeks now, haven’t really posted since the Return was airing, but I did want to throw my 2 cents in the ring...

*Noting here that I AM a cockeyed optimist*

The initial rumor got me excited, the cast tweets and other odd coincidences put me in a fever pitch, and this forum tempered my expectations a good deal. Having said that- Frost’s owl tweet makes me extremely confident that something is definitely afoot. I don’t believe we will get any announcement until 2020, I think the February prediction holds water, but something definitely seems to be in the works. It IS what it seems.
I'm back in style!
mickeyfickey
Roadhouse Member

Post by mickeyfickey »

I still maintain that the biggest indicator there's something in the works is what's NOT being said. There is absolutely no way that Sutherland, Showtime, Lynch and Frost aren't aware of the buzz that's been built. Yet all of them are staying completely radio silent. Not a peep.
TheGum
RR Diner Member

Post by TheGum »

The fact that it hasn’t been immediately shut down by ANYONE is extremely heartening.
I'm back in style!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Well, Kimmy Robertson did shut it down. But that may not count. Certainly, Showtime, Sutherland, Lynch/Frost, etc. haven't. And I still maintain Frost's tweets are tongue-in-cheek hints. Maybe not all of them, but some of them.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Jonah wrote:Second of all, I never said it was confirmation of a new season. I said at first glance it seemed to me that this was Frost confirming the rumours.

The rumors of what? A new season. Give me a break with the semantics. It's one of the silliest things said since this all started a month ago, and there's a lot of competition for that title. Nothing personal, that's just how it seemed to me at first glance.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Tweet from Kyle. This is clearly indicative of a Season 4 announcement being imminent.

Not only the giant doughnut and the coffee cup, but the word FROSTY on the cup is a comment on Mark Frost!

I jest. But I do like the tweet.

:lol:
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (344.47 KiB) Viewed 13090 times
Last edited by Jonah on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

mickeyfickey wrote:I still maintain that the biggest indicator there's something in the works is what's NOT being said. There is absolutely no way that Sutherland, Showtime, Lynch and Frost aren't aware of the buzz that's been built. Yet all of them are staying completely radio silent. Not a peep.
Jonah wrote: Well, Kimmy Robertson did shut it down. But that may not count. Certainly, Showtime, Sutherland, Lynch/Frost, etc. haven't. And I still maintain Frost's tweets are tongue-in-cheek hints. Maybe not all of them, but some of them.
What Kimmy said about this back then isn't interesting. Last time 99% of the cast didn't know anything before we did. Instinctively the silence from the inner circle gives me great hope that something big is indeed gonna happen. The only thing that bugs me tho is the annoying notion that the silence is due to create a buzz before the dvd/blu-ray releases, in a naive belief that it will increase sales (an "all promotion is good promotion" kind of thing).
That Kimmy eventually deleted her comments and replaced them with a "no comment", could also be because someone whispered to her about this "buzz-scheme". Am I only paranoid here?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'm not sure what that means or why Kimmy commented. Speaking of the DVDS, though, one thing that does concern me a little (in addition to Kimmy's comments) is why they're calling the big set "Z-A". They removed the word "Complete" from the other set, but they're leaving this one be, and this is one Lynch himself has personally promoted on Twitter. Sure, it's not A - Z, but it still does sound pretty complete.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Maybe the forthcoming box set is a travel back to the real beginning, the beginning that starts with season 4 :lol:
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Jonah wrote:I'm not sure what that means or why Kimmy commented. Speaking of the DVDS, though, one thing that does concern me a little (in addition to Kimmy's comments) is why they're calling the big set "Z-A". They removed the word "Complete" from the other set, but they're leaving this one be, and this is one Lynch himself has personally promoted on Twitter. Sure, it's not A - Z, but it still does sound pretty complete.
'The Entire Mystery' sounded pretty complete too, and yet that's sitting next to a Twin Peaks Season 3 Blu-ray set on my shelf.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Rudagger wrote:
Jonah wrote:I'm not sure what that means or why Kimmy commented. Speaking of the DVDS, though, one thing that does concern me a little (in addition to Kimmy's comments) is why they're calling the big set "Z-A". They removed the word "Complete" from the other set, but they're leaving this one be, and this is one Lynch himself has personally promoted on Twitter. Sure, it's not A - Z, but it still does sound pretty complete.
'The Entire Mystery' sounded pretty complete too, and yet that's sitting next to a Twin Peaks Season 3 Blu-ray set on my shelf.
Right, and we know they put that out when they were already well into the planning of TR.

I get the appeal for those who find augurs and omens in every word choice and retweet, but I think it’s important to keep the perspective that L/F, Kyle, etc. are for the most part probably not putting nearly as much thought into what they say/do as those who are parsing every word after the fact.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Just catching up on the Kimmy stuff.

It sucks, but if you didn't take a rumor started by an anonymous person running a twitter account for a museum that doesn't exist yet with a giant grain of salt, that's partially on you.